Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2011, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mr. Kitazawa slated to announce Pentax upcoming bodies in Dec 19'th

According to Pete Fang from DPreview, Mr. Kitazawa, who is head of Pentax's camera R&D, told a Japanese DC Magazine that Pentax is working on a mirror-less 35mm full-frame camera "and..." is even considering a mirror-less 645D.

The OP is also asking for anyone with good Japanese reading skills to help by translating and confirming the article on Dec. 19.

The blog can be found here: http://thisistanaka.blog66.fc2.com/entry/662/

~

Personally, if this works-out to be true, then I think it substantiates the initial rumors of a FF mirorless that has been going around lately. And though I wouldn't highly recommend it, perhaps, this will be our queue to put a little more stock into that rumor.

Last edited by JohnBee; 12-17-2011 at 08:45 AM.
12-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well a mirrorless full-frame is still a full-frame, right?

Wonder how they'll pull that off with the k mount, though.
12-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A FF Mirrorless with perhaps fully-functional K-mount adapter is intriguing in a way that 'Q' wasn't, that's for sure.

A really, really good EVF with value-add overlay, peaking, 100%, etc would go a long way toward making this acceptable to folks like me who are really attached to their big FF OVFs .

(Any good Japanese language speakers out there who can translate directly?)
12-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I doubt I would be tempted to buy FF if it is mirrorless. When looking through the viewfinder I can cut out all of the other distractions around me and concentrate on one area of the prospective photo. For example, can try to focus on the eye of a bird while ignoring everything else except composition. Good luck trying to zoom into see if the eye is in focus while trying to track a bird in flight using a screen on the back of the camera.

12-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

EVIL FF and and EVIL MF? What is Pentax thinking? Where do they come up with these ideas?

Experts on this forum have said repeatedly that EVIL FF and MF is not going to happen, so I will believe it when I see it.

Now, how about some good rumors about good glass?
12-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I would rather leave Pentax (even though I don't want to) than buy a mirrorless. Just saying.
12-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Cool story. THAT would sure gain some attention. Let's see, today is the 17th, so we have until sometime Monday to spin-out our fantasies. Time is short! Start posting!!

12-17-2011, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

EVIL FF = home run for Pentax :-)
12-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
Veteran Member

well, i've always been sceptical about EVF and rangefinder camera (tried it some time ago, and wasn't convinced ...).

Whatever, it's nice to read that Pentax is working on some experimental body now.
12-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Veteran Member

While I find this very interesting and innovative, I am still looking to see what they are planning with respect to the replacement of the KR and the K5. Also what are their plans with respect to the current lens lineup?
12-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
While I find this very interesting and innovative, I am still looking to see what they are planning with respect to the replacement of the KR and the K5. Also what are their plans with respect to the current lens lineup?
My guess is that the K-3 will be a 24MP body. But I'm not sure how exciting that will be for K-5 owners(more resolution mainly). And so as a precursor to adding excitement, I think the FF mirorless will be the big ticket item next year. Not to mention that Pentax/Ricoh will likely be the first company to deliver it.

But what would really kick ass(I think) is if Pentax would put out an APS-C and FF that would yet again become the camera to beat for the next two years
12-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well a mirrorless full-frame is still a full-frame, right?

Wonder how they'll pull that off with the k mount, though.
I said that Pentax needs FF EVIL MANY MANY times before - it's right move. Check my posts at this forum.
12-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guys, nobody is announcing anything on Dec 19. The dude who blogs there interviewed engineers and others from 8 manufacturers about what is to come in 2012. One of the eight was mr kitazawa. He was blurting things out, but not a whole lots of details. This magazine is to come out on dec 19th.
12-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Guys, nobody is announcing anything on Dec 19. The dude who blogs there interviewed engineers and others from 8 manufacturers about what is to come in 2012. One of the eight was mr kitazawa. He was blurting things out, but not a whole lots of details. This magazine is to come out on dec 19th.
Sounds interesting... any chance you could translate the blog for us?

What about the FF and 645D mirorless?
Aren't those terms part of the article?
12-17-2011, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BTW, this blogger, Mikio Tanaka, is a well known photographer in Japan, and contributes to many photography magazines. He is very legit. I follow the dude on Twitter.