Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you view your photos on a computer,click properties,and you should find some info on the EXIF data. There are photo organizers that you download that would let you see the full EXIF. Hope this tidbit helps

02-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pidosphere Quote
i can't upload, says, "Sorry, pidosphere: Photos for this World Pentax Day must be taken on February 4th, 2012. Please check your photo's EXIF." but the photo was taken on that day. what to do?
Either strip the EXIF, or correct the date on your photos by going into the image properties via your OS.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Either strip the EXIF, or correct the date on your photos by going into the image properties via your OS.
will do. thanks
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Don't forget to get your uploads up!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tried to upload and keep getting the error message that either my files are too large or I've exceeded my quotas.

Tried <300kb versions and still got the same message, checked my quotas and look to easily have the room, even deleted some older stuff just to be sure ...... still no luck

For the record, I was out doing a test shoot of a custom made, one of a kind outfit made by Pretty Pervy in the UK (now closed) and seeing if I can add one of those shots to this thread to see if it is fact a quota/size thing .....

edit - seems I can post here, but can't add to the WPD thing.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
02-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #36
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Strange! Could it be that the date in the photo exif is wrong?

In any case, interesting shot!

Adam

02-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Strange! Could it be that the date in the photo exif is wrong?

In any case, interesting shot!
I saw someone else post that they got an error message about the date, my error message was purely about size/quota being exceeded and the shots were definitely taken on the 4th Feb.

But ...... it now works and I managed to upload the image

02-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #38

I went to upload a couple of pictures and I got the wrong date message. Looking at the EXIF and the camera settings and I have realized that I have been shooting the K-7 with the date set one year back since I got it. So the EXIF says it was taken 2011.02.04. Oh, well... Can I still post it for the 2011 event ?
02-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #39
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Whoops! Can you change or strip the EXIF? That should get the system to accept the photo.

Adam

02-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #40

I though the capture EXIF was "cast in bits". It has taken me a while to figure how to change it because I am new with Lightroom, but it is done and uploaded a couple of cold pics.
02-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Cool! Great you got it all to work

Adam

02-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Alright, the gallery is now closed. Enjoy the photos, and stay tuned for more info on the book!
World Pentax Day: February 4, 2012 - Pentax User Photo Gallery

Adam

04-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #43
JFN
Veteran Member

Adam,

What happened to this challenge?

04-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
See post #42

Adam

05-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Update: we're now working on the book, and will be PMing members who have been nominated to be featured in it. It should become available within 3 weeks!

Adam