Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #136

Photos: Gallery

QuoteQuote:
dieses jahr wird das poster größer werden müssen. <-----
wooooooooooooooooooohoooooow

01-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #137

I sure hope, if not now then at least, in the next year they put out a larger version of the Q with a APS-C Sensor and takes K-mount lenses or I'm jumping ship to Fuji :ugh:
01-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #138
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So the chart hasn't grown in size since 2010...time for an increase!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #139

Photos: Albums
I thinking of heading to Sony. If they don't put something new out soon our lenses will be worth sh*t.

01-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOBK10D Quote
I thinking of heading to Sony. If they don't put something new out soon our lenses will be worth sh*t.
Indeed, that's what I have been thinking, too
01-10-2012, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #141
Veteran Member

Personally... my lenses are worth the photos I take with them *shrug*
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #142
Veteran Member

I sympathize with your desire for a new Pentax, as it has been a bit for Pentax fans and other manufacturers are coming out with cool stuff. I have the money to spend and want a new Pentax gadget to get excited about.

On the other hand, I use my K-5 and Pentax lenses every day for work, so I will have to disagree with you about our lenses being worthless if nothing new arrives at this show.

Ricoh bought Pentax officially in October I believe. Even if something new is announced at the show, I am guessing it will be modest in nature (K-r replacement), which was already in the pipeline when Pentax was a Hoya property. The more ambitious stuff would come later in the year at the earliest, but that's just my guess. But the cameras will come. Everything Ricoh and Pentax has said up to this point has indicated they will.

01-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #143
Inactive Account

I'm like you Urkeldaedalus. I'm itching for the K-r replacement.... and I have the money too.
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #144
Pentaxian

Head to Sony, and you have to choose between lenses that are probably even more endangered than K-mount lenses (A-mount) or almost no lenses at all (E-mount) - so what would be the point...?
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
I sympathize with your desire for a new Pentax, as it has been a bit for Pentax fans and other manufacturers are coming out with cool stuff. I have the money to spend and want a new Pentax gadget to get excited about.

On the other hand, I use my K-5 and Pentax lenses every day for work, so I will have to disagree with you about our lenses being worthless if nothing new arrives at this show.

Ricoh bought Pentax officially in October I believe. Even if something new is announced at the show, I am guessing it will be modest in nature (K-r replacement), which was already in the pipeline when Pentax was a Hoya property. The more ambitious stuff would come later in the year at the earliest, but that's just my guess. But the cameras will come. Everything Ricoh and Pentax has said up to this point has indicated they will.
Thinking rational I totally agree. However, some official announcements would help to decide if further investments in Ritax/Pentoh are worth it. I am totally happy with the lenses I have (Da15, Da21, Fa43, Fa77, Da18-135 and Sigma 70-300). But I would like to have some fast primes, comparable to those Fuji announced and an EVIL body for every-day-carry-along... Or more basic: just some future...
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #146
Veteran Member

What he's saying, and what some of you are obstinately refusing to acknowledge, is that our lenses have a dollar value attached to them, and that dollar value will be negatively effected if Pentax bows out of the K-mount. I'm not making any predictions about the future of the K-mount, but that is his point. Lenses designed for a dead system will not be worth as much as lenses that can be used on future cameras.

It is also something that I have been kind of worried about recently as Pentax has continued keep its future DSLR plans a secret while word has been circulating about the demise of the K-r and K-5.

One of the reasons I don't mind spending my hard earned (and all too scarce) money on lenses is because I know I'll be able to get almost what I paid for them when I decide to sell them...if not more. So far, I've made money every time I've sold a lens. It's almost like having money in the bank. My wife sometimes complains, but I make the point that if there's some kind of emergency and we need cash, I can sell my camera gear for a couple thousand. So if Pentax does stop supporting the K-mount, I'll be selling all of my gear as soon as possible, before it loses too much monetary value.

But I'm optimistic and I don't think Pentax is giving up on DSLRs or the K-mount. I just think that their current strategy doesn't mesh well with the impatience of their more rabid fans. Like myself.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 01-10-2012 at 03:31 PM.
01-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #147
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
What he's saying, and what some of you are obstinately refusing to understand, is that our lenses have a dollar value attached to them, and that dollar value will be negatively effected if Pentax bows out of the K-mount
They won't get rid of the K-mount, that's for sure. All I'm going to say

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They won't get rid of the K-mount, that's for sure. All I'm going to say
Second time I've read Adam make this statement in a post over the last few days. Once I can attribute to enthusiasm. But twice . . .

Well, if all you gentlemen in this thread want to get out of your lenses (at a distress-sale discount) before the bottom REALLY falls out, I still have some space on my shelves . . .
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #149
Pentaxian

I don't want to sound cheeky, but I always wonder about this approach. As much as I understand the monetary value of technical tools I fail to see them as beeing a smart way of investment or even reserve. Either you are a pro and use the equipment that brings you a ROI in a foreseeable time or you are a hobbyist, which spents money on his hobby, like with motorbikes, stereo equipment, sailing or whatever. I don't want to judge anyones point of view, but in my opinion this "inevestment" argument is an excuse, to whomever That's why I'm with the people who insist on seeing their choice of TOOLS still at least as valuable as it was at the time of the purchase, I suspect they had a reason and need to buy it.
If other companies might come out with new things, how should this influence the capabilities of your equipment from the potographers point of view? It might from a collectors or even investors, but, nevertheless, I would expect to find mainly the first type in a photoforum... I might be completely off, though...

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
What he's saying, and what some of you are obstinately refusing to understand, is that our lenses have a dollar value attached to them, and that dollar value will be negatively effected if Pentax bows out of the K-mount. I'm not making any predictions about the future of the K-mount, but that is his point. Lenses designed for a dead system will not be worth as much as lenses that can be used on future cameras.

It is also something that I have been kind of worried about recently as Pentax has continued keep its future DSLR plans a secret while word has been circulating about the demise of the K-r and K-5.

One of the reasons I don't mind spending my hard earned (and all too scarce) money on lenses is because I know I'll be able to get almost what I paid for them when I decide to sell them...if not more. So far, I've made money every time I've sold a lens. It's almost like having money in the bank. My wife sometimes complains, but I make the point that if there's some kind of emergency and we need cash, I can sell my camera gear for a couple thousand. So if Pentax does stop supporting the K-mount, I'll be selling all of my gear as soon as possible, before it loses too much monetary value.

But I'm optimistic and I don't think Pentax is giving up on DSLRs or the K-mount. I just think that their current strategy doesn't mesh well with the impatience of their more rabid fans. Like myself.
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #150
Veteran Member

43 Rumors | Blog | (FT5) Super Olympus announcement on Feb 8th! Pro camera + new line of products!

Even though Olympus is in total meltdown they are still sending out invitations for a Feb 8th announcement for their new Pro - mirrorless body.