01-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Paddle in the Pot

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
And I'll catch the overflow!
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
And Adam's wink-wink, nudge-nudge is getting me jumpy. It's as if he's channeling Ogl.
QuoteOriginally posted by ScreamingIdiot Quote
Count me in! I could always use more good lenses!
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I think that is at least the 3rd time.

I did hear of a mirror less k mount (just k no shorter flange distance) from a friend who I consider quite in the know. Just hoping what he mentioned will be true.

By Adam's comment a few posts above, he may even have seen a new road map.
Every once in a while it is necessary to insert the paddle and stir . . .

01-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #167
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Katsura Quote
Pentax Booth is tiny - jus 2x the size of BlackRapid...

And this is their meeting room:

If the gallery embed didn't work, try this link:
Pentax @ CES :( - Katsura's Album: Misc - PentaxForums.com

ha...ha..
I had a good laugh with that toilet signage above.

I don't really care where they meet (maybe the toilet is a good place). Perhaps they save money on fancy meeting rooms and spend more on RnD.
01-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #168
Forum Member

Looks like Sony is going to gain quite a bit of converts (also read elsewhere some Nikon heads weren't impressed with D4 and thinking of jumping ship to Sony since its now leading in innovation). If Pentax doesn't announce / leak something before I can actually get my hands on an NEX-7 - not sure if I'll be able to hold the line. I'm a sucker for tech. Not that I'd buy whatever the new Pentax DSLR is, I just want to be sure there a future in the brand and not just with the lenses. I've never been impressed with Ricoh so I want to get a sense that "Pentax" will survive.
01-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robr7 Quote
Looks like Sony is going to gain quite a bit of converts (also read elsewhere some Nikon heads weren't impressed with D4 and thinking of jumping ship to Sony since its now leading in innovation). If Pentax doesn't announce / leak something before I can actually get my hands on an NEX-7 - not sure if I'll be able to hold the line. I'm a sucker for tech. Not that I'd buy whatever the new Pentax DSLR is, I just want to be sure there a future in the brand and not just with the lenses. I've never been impressed with Ricoh so I want to get a sense that "Pentax" will survive.
Make sure to sell us ur lenses

01-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #170
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Make sure to sell us ur lenses
Nope... I still have all my cameras. ;p
01-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #171

QuoteOriginally posted by robr7 Quote
Nope... I still have all my cameras. ;p
Well, make sure you sell us those too.
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #172
Veteran Member

I know a guy from my place who suddenly jumped to Canon when Pentax was bought by Hoya. Had a total fear that Pentax was getting dissolved.
Out came the K-x, K-7 and K-5, now he wishes he didn't invest on Canon too fast.

anyway, with that door sign.. it's probably over all major Canikon forums by now. =)) At least the Pentax reps can meet in a cool, quiet place. )

Wonder what that "rugged mysterious camera" is. A K-5 with WG-1 design? lol

01-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I know a guy from my place who suddenly jumped to Canon when Pentax was bought by Hoya. Had a total fear that Pentax was getting dissolved.
Out came the K-x, K-7 and K-5, now he wishes he didn't invest on Canon too fast.

anyway, with that door sign.. it's probably over all major Canikon forums by now. =)) At least the Pentax reps can meet in a cool, quiet place. )

Wonder what that "rugged mysterious camera" is. A K-5 with WG-1 design? lol
Some wag posted it is the new imaging sensor - for Ricoh copiers .
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #174
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kryscendo Quote
Well, make sure you sell us those too.
Sure... pick up that M9 yet? Maybe there is going to be a Pentax fire sale soon...

I like what I got no regrets or complaints. Ricoh as a company, not so much. Were considering tossing their copiers at work and their sales guys didn't help their own case - btw that booth at CES does looks a little sad.

Anyway, I'll keep looking / scanning / hoping for some good news.
01-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #175
Veteran Member

I think there will be a fire sale as well, UNLESS this is a FF camera of some sort (or even APS-H).. keeping with APS-C will only appease about 2/3 - 3/4 of it's users and will not help attract new aspiring photog's who want the upgrade path. I Love my K-5, but I do see the giant "no APS-H or FF, just MF" gap as something that simply can't be ignored. If I didn't absolutely love my K-5 so much I would regret not getting a D7000 or bucking up for the D300s.
01-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #176
Veteran Member

2012 is the anniversary of the first Pentax DSLR ; 60 Y.O.
If i was a Pentax marketing guy, i will try to remind people than they are the first of the big japanese camera companies to adopt that system. To remind people how innovative is (was ?) that brand.
01-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #177
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Katsura Quote
hmm...

pricroom | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
01-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #178
Veteran Member

This is what the booth representatives show people: Ricoh GXR M mount unit.

technikverliebt
01-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #179

Well, but this focus assist seems to be a nice thing to have, cant argue with that....

But i dont think that they will show anything more there, i mean what is the point in showing something NOT, well ok it could be a very early prototyp and they dont want customer to see it, so they will annouce it on the last day
01-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #180
Pentaxian

I'm more interested in interviews with some high Pentax bobos.