Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Its going to have to be a hell of an upgrade over the K-5 to persuade me to not buy a used K-5 or reasonably discounted new K-5.

With both the K-5 and K-r discontinued, I wonder if Ricoh-Pentax are looking to make a big splash with a whole new line of cameras? Seems odd to have both of them discontinued at the same time doesn't it?

01-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
From the Google translation:
QuoteQuote:
Might be the successor to the K-5, it might be a full-size aircraft.
Yay, I like aircrafts!

Too late. Ricoh already have one:
QuoteOriginally posted by Bike bossa nova:
It is said that the launch of the GO issued by the president of Ricoh's full-size aircraft.

Oh no, Dell is taking over...
QuoteOriginally posted by Bike bossa nova:
Dell's K-5 is the successor of certainty

Wise ancient Japanese saying:
QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Taro:
Why have a big mouth so.
01-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #48

But the question arise what will be shown at PK 2012 when they would now annouce the K-r und K-5 successor? I dont think that they will go there with " old stuff"

The "fact" that there are real shortages for K-5's is nice, it shows less K5-Stocks when the new camera comes out.
01-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #49

i couldnt believe that they wont have a new dslr til PK.

01-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Google translations ftw:
QuoteQuote:
Penta ready to put out a full-size unbeatable!
^ I agree.

Thanks for the interesting read!

Last edited by jeffshaddix; 01-04-2012 at 08:34 PM.
01-04-2012, 08:39 PM - 2 Likes   #51
Veteran Member

That's just what the forum needs: incomprehensible rumors.

Much better than comprehensible rumors. Those can turn out, in time, to be embarrassingly wrong. (Not that the riceberg ever showed any sign of embarrassment.)
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
With both the K-5 and K-r discontinued, I wonder if Ricoh-Pentax are looking to make a big splash with a whole new line of cameras?
New lines of digital cameras don't appear overnight, nor in six months. Old lines of cameras sell lenses. Pentax sales have been increasing. Why kill off cash cows?

QuoteQuote:
Seems odd to have both of them discontinued at the same time doesn't it?
Please cite the official announcement(s) from Pentax that these have been discontinued.

Y'know, this is almost theological. We build our faith on divine revelations (from gotcha interviews) and inspired prophets (guys wearing Pentax t-shirts), then speculate on the meanings of hidden signs (only Q and 645D in the picture!) and numerology (product cycles). I think it's time for burnt offerings. Laze n germs, torch your Canons!

Last edited by RioRico; 01-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
01-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Seems odd that everyone is talking about new models without any apparent leaks or even substantial rumours. All the information seems to refer to more long term options for Richoh/Pentax.
Having made that observation it does seem like new models or at least some announcements are overdue. With the Kr and the K5 being discontinued it appears that something MUST be on the horizon.
The question is what?
01-04-2012, 10:33 PM - 1 Like   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
From the Google translation:

QuoteQuote:
Might be the successor to the K-5, it might be a full-size aircraft.

Yay, I like aircrafts!

Makes the K-5 --> 645D upgrade path seem pretty trivial in comparison now.

01-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
with as much cash as we have in buying Aluminum boxes with Pentax logo
I doubt if either of us would be happy campers if the K mount died. I didn't buy
those boxes to store Eastman Kodak film cassettes in.
Ouch! Kodak made consumer photography possible. Their Chapter 11 filing is sad indeed.
01-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Yes I agree! Pentax has to have a way to keep their K-mount base from leaving. I am still waiting for more K-mount lenses. The lack of K-mount lenses is one reason I kind of wish I brought Nikon D70 back when I brought into the Pentax system with *Ist DS. A new camera with a new mount and only a few lenses is not going to interest me.

Dave
Neither would I.

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Seems odd that everyone is talking about new models without any apparent leaks or even substantial rumours. All the information seems to refer to more long term options for Richoh/Pentax.
Having made that observation it does seem like new models or at least some announcements are overdue. With the Kr and the K5 being discontinued it appears that something MUST be on the horizon.
The question is what?
Yes, so all we need is a clear intentions and/or products official announcement.
Time urges, PRIC !

Last edited by Zygonyx; 01-05-2012 at 12:27 AM.
01-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #57

This just in: Pentax Q to replace the K-r and the 645D to replace the K-5. Here's the source article so you guys know its legit!

QuoteQuote:
Pentaxは大きい成功、Pentax Qと取り替えるPentax K-rのエントリーレベルのカメラを発表する。 より高い評価されるPentax K-5はPentax 645Dと取り替えられる。 CESで解放されるべき多く。

Seriously, I have to chuckle every time some new shred of news comes out and it sparks all sorts of unrealistic responses.
01-05-2012, 01:27 AM - 1 Like   #58
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just want to know whether or not to spend the best part of £1000 on the 60-250mm.

The uncertainty surrounding Pentax's future development is stopping me from committing the cash.
01-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Look, why would they get rid of the K-mount and disenfranchise all the existing Pentax owners, who probably outnumber the Ricoh camera owners by far?
01-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #60
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kryscendo Quote
This just in: Pentax Q to replace the K-r and the 645D to replace the K-5. Here's the source article so you guys know its legit!

Seriously, I have to chuckle every time some new shred of news comes out and it sparks all sorts of unrealistic responses.
Ok... well then... thats that... thats it... all is lost...
Closed Thread