Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #106
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mika. Quote
The problem with Pentax today, is that NONE of their digital cameras can produce a decent photo. That's because NONE of their digital cameras were designed to produce a decent photo.
The problem with Pentax today, is that ALL of their digital cameras can produce a decent photo, but ONLY if there is a photographer behind them. Put there a snapshooter, and all you'll get are snapshoots.

However, I doubt other brands are much better

01-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #107

It will take you 90% there. You can laugh like a dumb hyena all you want, the results are what they are. Garbage. This is not an attack on Pentax. This is an attack on the APS-C marketing scam.
Whatever you've been smoking. I want it .
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #108
Veteran Member

I've gone over tens of thousand of pics on flickr to confirm my suspicion, and that's my conclusion. You're entitled to your opinion of-course, but you're missing my point entirely. I don't care about making large enlargements. What I care about is a photo looking like a photo, and not looking like a snapshot. If you can't see and understand the difference, you never will. So that's that.
You'll see the same photos even if everyone had a full frame 35mm digital camera. I have seen amazing photographs taken with apsc cameras as well as with point and shoot cameras.
maybe YOU need 35mm film size sensor but not everyone.
01-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #109
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
K200D to do his macro work
Marco work?! You haven't clue of what I'm talking about. You're completely out to lunch!

01-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #110
Veteran Member

I've gone over tens of thousand of pics on flickr to confirm my suspicion, and that's my conclusion. You're entitled to your opinion of-course, but you're missing my point entirely. I don't care about making large enlargements. What I care about is a photo looking like a photo, and not looking like a snapshot. If you can't see and understand the difference, you never will. So that's that.
My thoughts;
1) Step away from the pipe, do it NOW!
2) What is a photo and what is a snapshot.
3) Step away from the pipe, do it NOW!
01-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #111
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
You'll see the same photos even if everyone had a full frame 35mm digital camera. I have seen amazing photographs taken with apsc cameras as well as with point and shoot cameras.
Show me one.
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #112
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by crf529 Quote
Whatever you've been smoking. I want it .
Actually, you have it backwards. I did not and will not inhale the marketing propaganda that you have. Anyway, enjoy! This is turning into a troll fest. I'm done here.

01-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Agree. The APS-C sized sensor is too small and thus puts too much demand on lenses
01-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes. It does not matter what lens you mount on an APS-C camera. The perspective is wrong, and what you get is garbage.
Please stop ! I'm laughing so hard my belly's aching now !!
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Show me one.

edit: nevermind im not going to undermine other "photographers" who believe they are good because they shoot FF....

I just dont get your argument so please enlighten me! Im still young, i've got time to learn and change so save me from the propaganda! Save me from creating garbage!

(and while your at it, any images? )
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #116
Veteran Member

mika, what you said is very disturbing.... we know there are some limits for apsc the things you cannot do with apsc and you can with ff - for instance portrait - fa43 isnt close up portrait lens despite it gives about 65mm equivalent on FF the same fa50 or even da*55 phisicaly it is equivalent to fa85 but only until you dont try to do with it what you would do with 85 on FF... there is lot of thinks where apsc puts some limits on.... if you used da70 the way you used some dfa105 on FF you would get potato looking face instead of nice portrait....

Last edited by filorp; 01-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #117
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It will take you 90% there. You can laugh like a dumb hyena all you want, the results are what they are. Garbage. This is not an attack on Pentax. This is an attack on the APS-C marketing scam.
I got 8 FF bodies in the form of film cameras, wow! that makes me a 90% artist.

Now.. wait... I also have a RB67 and a few TLRs, that must make me Leonardo Da Vinci
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #118
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
mika, what you said is very disturbing.... we know there are some limits for apsc the things you cannot do with apsc and you can with ff - for instance portrait - fa43 isnt close up portrait lens despite it gives about 65mm equivalent on FF the same fa50 or even da*55 phisicaly it is equivalent to fa85 but only until you dont try to do with it what you would do with 85 on FF... there is lot of thinks where apsc puts some limits....
I used the word 'perspective' earlier, but that's not really the correct word for what I'm trying to convey. The problem with the APS-C sensor is that it not only alters the perspective angle, but it also detrimentally alters the fields in-focus and out-of-focus and how so. And there's just no going around this.
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #119
Pentaxian

This thread is bordering on troll-feeding now. I used to be unaware of the image circle to art relationship. Perhaps I should replace my APS-C with a 645D. Will that transform my shitty snapshots into true art?
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #120
Veteran Member

I used the word 'perspective' earlier, but that's not really the correct word for what I'm trying to convey. The problem with the APS-C sensor is that it not only alters the perspective angle, but it also detrimentally alters the fields in-focus and out-of-focus and how so. And there's just no going around this.
and because of this, no good images can be taken with APSC camera's?

I'd love a follow up on my previous post as well
Closed Thread