Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #226
Veteran Member

Won't this BS thread ever die? I'd hoped that once closed it would stay closed. The trolls are well-fed already. Leave them be.

01-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #227
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe the thread is about the K-5 being discontinued, but it was so long ago I've forgotten.

I'm hoping for a FF K-3 this year. Discontinuing the K-5 would seem to indicate it will be coming soon, which would be sorta neat.
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #228
Veteran Member

Hope pentax will not release anything besad on 24M sensor - for me it'll mean end of Pentax enthusiast cameras and start gimbo gimbo sonylike ''take a look guys our camera has so many pixels'' marketing. Its symptomatic that FF arguing started couple of hours before nikon release d4 - i would say it is suspicious and as old spy's say if there are any doubts it mean there's no any doubts.....
01-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #229
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
OCCUPY K MOUNT!
Very Funny. Consider it occupied.

01-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #230
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
Hope pentax will not release anything besad on 24M sensor - for me it'll mean end of Pentax enthusiast cameras and start gimbo gimbo sonylike ''take a look guys our camera has so many pixels'' marketing.
And on the other hand, if Pentax lags far behind competing models in resolution, then I might have to consider a different brand for my next camera. Being able to go from a 12MP K-x to a 24MP K-Whatever would be very tempting for me, assuming that they are able to maintain image quality with the increase in megapixels.

(And I'm well aware that resolution doesn't have much to do with good photography, so no need to go into all that, but there's no denying that increased resolution does have certain advantages.)
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #231
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
For a guy who smacks down everything Pentax, you sure have a decent K-mount lens collection with a DA lens and K-x to boot.
They'd be the Smilie I'd say...
01-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #232
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mika. Quote
It will take you 90% there. You can laugh like a dumb hyena all you want, the results are what they are. Garbage. This is not an attack on Pentax. This is an attack on the APS-C marketing scam.
Please allow me to take out the garbage for you and I'll send around a truck to pick up that crap mentioned in your sig...

01-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #233
Veteran Member

The key reason I bought my K7 (later moving to K5) was because of it's smaller size and great ergonomics.................if the K5 is replaced by FF, will it start growing in size????
01-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #234
Inactive Account

I owned K-7 almost 2 years ago then I went for K-5. This is a great body. And I satisfy
K-5's performance. I love Pentax's colours. Hope Pentax will not disappoint all of the supporters. Let's have a great surprise to us -- FF body in this year !
01-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #235

A FF DSLR or a FF mirror less?
On the K-5 and K-r they have been clearing them out with cashback deals in the UK (not on the K-r though)
I hope this time Pentax can sort out it's AF demons once and for all

I too don't like the 24mp Sony sensor too noisy for me
01-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #236
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
The key reason I bought my K7 (later moving to K5) was because of it's smaller size and great ergonomics.................if the K5 is replaced by FF, will it start growing in size????
As much as I like my K-5 I much prefer the handling of the K10/K20 body style. K-5 is OK with the battery grip, but even then it feels cramped... and I do not have huge hands. So it Pentax goes FF I'd prefer it in the K20 body.

Mike
01-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #237
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
As much as I like my K-5 I much prefer the handling of the K10/K20 body style. K-5 is OK with the battery grip, but even then it feels cramped... and I do not have huge hands. So it Pentax goes FF I'd prefer it in the K20 body.

Mike
Same here!
K20D has been my favorite Pentax for handling to date.
I never owned the K10D so I can't comment on that one.
01-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #238
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
(And I'm well aware that resolution doesn't have much to do with good photography, so no need to go into all that, but there's no denying that increased resolution does have certain advantages.)
Up until our gear becomes diffraction limited. At 26mp, the calculator suggests that shooting above F5.6 on this sensor wont yield you any additional resolution over a smaller mp camera. You'll just have a lot of surplus data. Diffraction Limited Photography: Pixel Size, Aperture and Airy Disks
01-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #239
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next DSLR is not FF. It is APS-C. It will also be smaller, and viewfinder is slightly larger.
01-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #240
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mika. Quote
Here's another shot. You'll never mimic this with an APS-C camera, it doesn't matter what lens you use.
Oh, and while were at it...

I wouldn't state my life on it, but I think I like the OOF rolloff quality in this image more than the initial FF one. Taken at f/2, shot wide open w/ equal framing would yield further increase in DOF.

PS. I think I have some snow/tree images lying around(similar to your other example) in my stash. I'll see if I can't dig them up.

Last edited by JohnBee; 01-07-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Closed Thread