Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
What would be cool for me is a removable bluetooth LcD with built in remote. Olympus with their articualting LCD would be old news compared to this...
Unfortunately Bluetooth has not (AFAIK)
  • Sufficient bandwidth
  • Sufficient distance coverage (what's the point if the scrren has to stay in a 1 meter distance from the camera)
  • Sufficient security not for others (mainly talking Pro here) to hijack the connection and mess with it

12-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Samsung, I think, will continue to rebadge Pentax cameras, and offering it to certain markets they have sway over.

That's not a bad thing, as it still means that Samsung and Pentax will continue to cooperate in R&D, so we all benefit in the end.

That said, I still hope, like Ken, that Samsung do put out their very own DSLR, if only to increase the K-mount user base and push manufacturers to support the K-mount more.
12-28-2007, 01:44 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Samsung, I think, will continue to rebadge Pentax cameras, and offering it to certain markets they have sway over.
Actually, it was widely talked about in Korea that GX-10 would be the last rebadged Pentax camera. The next one would have much more Samsung's own development. (K10D's Samsung involvement is restricted to firmware development only). We'll see if this comes true in the next release.
12-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Actually, it was widely talked about in Korea that GX-10 would be the last rebadged Pentax camera. The next one would have much more Samsung's own development. (K10D's Samsung involvement is restricted to firmware development only). We'll see if this comes true in the next release.

with samsung trying to break into the market---making a down scale model which left a few buttons off and hit a lower market niches would be a natural.

12-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For sake of K-mount I hope Pentax and Samsung will continue to cooperate closely on the system itself and share all improvements. I wouldn't like to see future incomaptibilities. Do you remember how Ricoh kidnapped K-mount with their "program" line of SLR? Not to mention that Sigma SA mount is consists of K-mount mechanics and EOS electronics blended together.
12-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #21
Pentaxian

What would you have done if you were Ricoh?

K-mount was open and "KA"-mount was closed and had to be licensed (if only Pentax wanted). I'd have tried the same Ricoh (and Chinon) did.
12-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Actually, it was widely talked about in Korea that GX-10 would be the last rebadged Pentax camera.
This explains why Samsung did not rebadge K100D/Super.
12-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #23

Well I was sure Samsung will come out with announces in early 2008. Perhaps a day or two after Pentax will say it's word.
So far, all "Samsung" dslrs were exact or nearly exact copies of Pentaxes, manufactured by Pentax. So I guess no hope that we will have 4 cameras to choose from. There will be Pentax branded camera and Samsung branded SAME cameras...

However one thing worries me...
QuoteQuote:
four will be in the NV series, three each in the L, S and i series and a DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) model developed jointly by Samsung and Pentax
A(!) DSRL? Only ONE? Why only one I wonder, and which one it will be? 20 or 200? I really really hope 20, because Samsung has far better net of representatives here in Russia, then Pentax does, and I will be looking at the "20" model...

And... I guess the new sensor is something good. Samsung HAS to come out with something better then others, if they want to increase their market share...

12-29-2007, 02:28 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Let's say they will puy the 14Mpix sensor in a K200D body ?
12-29-2007, 02:41 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snowcat Quote
So far, all "Samsung" dslrs were exact or nearly exact copies of Pentaxes, manufactured by Pentax. So I guess no hope that we will have 4 cameras to choose from. There will be Pentax branded camera and Samsung branded SAME cameras...
I don't think that would be the case. Previous Samsung DSLRs were released shortly after the alliance; and there was hardly any time for R&D; e.g. when they joined forces, K10D's design was already complete. This time it is different. I think they would share a lot of the internals, like sensors and processing engines. But they could have their own unique interfaces or features.
12-29-2007, 03:48 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I see. Maybe they'll make the camera that will compete with the D40/x? Rumors about the K200D sound like it'll go against the D80 and the 400D space.