Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #136

I could not agree more Tim. By the way your not my brother in law are you I have a brother in law in Drammen.

Any way I have been reading abd reading and can not wait till the announcement of the new models comming out. What are the chances of the K200D sporting live view and a weather proof body? If those two features are included and a bump up to a 10 mp sensor then I am in as long as the price is not through the roof. I am hopeing the K200D is going to be a compact version of the K10D but with live view. I also hope it does not exceed $500 for body only. If those criteria are met I am in

01-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
Nosnoop and others.
Could you please stop this endless debates with him that can not be mentioned?
This is always a dilemma. I could have put him on my ignore list. We all know about RH and know what to expect.

But what about new comers who just register with Pentax forums? If all his "issues" and false criticism went unanswered, they would have thoughts that they were commonly accepted facts like "K10D is such a flawed camera" or "P-TTL is horrible", and could have scared away new buyers who were considering to purchase one. So unless the moderators are more active, deleting or banning thread hijacking, I think it would be more detrimental to leave his false info uncorrected.

QuoteQuote:
I find it very distracting. There are so many good threads going down in noise because of this.
This is the reason why he got banned in other forums. This forum is too accommodating, I suppose.
Especially his numerous posts just to direct traffic to his blog, I am surprised the mods would turn blind eye on that.

Last edited by nosnoop; 01-01-2008 at 12:00 PM.
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Has anyone ever seen a photo he's taken of anything with anything at all? Other than maybe for his measurbating purposes, I mean.

He's sort of like a guy who buys computers for the sole purpose of running benchmark tests on them or someone who buys sports cars and never takes them off the dynamometer.
Yes. They're not very inspiring. I could post them but that would not be very nice.

cheers,
Rick
01-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
just a "tar baby"

01-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #140

Nosnoop and others.

Could you please stop this endless debates with him that can not be mentioned?
I find it very distracting. There are so many good threads going down in noise because of this.

:-) Tim
Even though what you say about forum noise is true, you are addressing the wrong people.

Our forum TROLL with his needless, non accurate observations are not welcome or warranted in any forum. Even his alter ego the great Ricehigh-C got banned from dpreview as many that post in the Canon forum just had enough of his TROLL behaviour. Banned twice, what a record.

There are some people that are brain washed by his rhetorical nonsense, half truths, lies and selective quotes of one person having a problem in his troll cave blog. This is why when he is challenged he cannot prove his mistruths as he is wrong, but continues the noise. Best to just ignore him and skip over the noisy posts and you will find the threads more enlightening as there are some excellent Pentax people here. I've got the troll ignore guard on and this is a great forum now.
01-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #141
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
RH is not a "Equipment Measurbator" - there is a new category for him:
"Online Expert or Armchair Photographer: Level 0 (these guys don't take pictures so they aren't a level of photographer.)"
According to Mr. Rockwll:
Seven Levels of Photographers © 2005 KenRockwell.com
I do not care for Mr. Rockwell all that much either - but he does have a point here.

As for the K200D - just wait a little bit - something will show up and then we can all agree that the worst thing Pentax did not do was include a beer bottle opener.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL.

Last edited by PDL; 01-01-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
01-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #142

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
As for the K200D - just wait a little bit - something will show up and then we can all agree that the worst thing Pentax did not do was include a beer bottle opener.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL.
That would be great if I drink beer I can not wait to see what it will have to offer.

01-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #143

QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
Even though what you say about forum noise is true, you are addressing the wrong people.
I adressed Nosnoop as a person thing might listen.
Not offensivly picked. Understand?

But foks. This was a humble requst, Just my opinion. No need to waste bandwith discussing it. Each and every one are free to ignore me.

Tim
01-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #144

Although I don't care much for trolls, I care even less for personal attacks. If you don't like it, just ignore it, anyone reading it should be smart enough to form his own opinion.
01-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cajuncutter Quote
I could not agree more Tim. By the way your not my brother in law are you I have a brother in law in Drammen.

Any way I have been reading abd reading and can not wait till the announcement of the new models comming out. What are the chances of the K200D sporting live view and a weather proof body? If those two features are included and a bump up to a 10 mp sensor then I am in as long as the price is not through the roof. I am hopeing the K200D is going to be a compact version of the K10D but with live view. I also hope it does not exceed $500 for body only. If those criteria are met I am in
I'm also in the same boat as you, but if Pentax does opt to use the Sony sensor, I hope they can tweak it some more to give better noise characteristics. Live view and sealing in an entry-level body, and it's sure to be a hit.
01-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #146

QuoteOriginally posted by CSpronken Quote
Although I don't care much for trolls, I care even less for personal attacks. If you don't like it, just ignore it, anyone reading it should be smart enough to form his own opinion.
Not intended as something personal at all. Just a general oppinion.
But it could have been expressed better. I do appologise if Nosnoop or any others feel offended.
Accepted?

Tim
01-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #147

I adressed Nosnoop as a person thing might listen.
Not offensivly picked. Understand?

But foks. This was a humble requst, Just my opinion. No need to waste bandwith discussing it. Each and every one are free to ignore me.

Tim
Actually, you should not be put on any ignore list for stating an opinion.

Nobody said you are wrong, just the fact that the noise is generated 100% by our Troll(ricehigh). The threads get hijacked(like this one) eventually by the same troll every time by pointing out everyone here is wrong.

If you peruse the threads you can form your own opinion, as this guy gets banned from every forum for brand bashing and shameless plugs to his useless brand bashing blog. Every post he references his troll blog. Pentax to me is good and does not suck like he wants you to think on his blog. And he is now trying to divide this forum like he did in the other ones.
01-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #148

QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
Actually, you should not be put on any ignore list for stating an opinion.
One more time I realise I have worded myself badly.
"Each and every one are free to ignore me" should have been ".... ignore it". (Pointing back to the opinion).

Please take into conciderations that my first language is not english. I am Norwegian, and my culture is being pretty strait forward and direct. I I realise I was a rhino in a chinastore.

The ironic thing is; All I wanted was a bit of peace and quite. And here I am, creating noise

Tim

Last edited by Fototim; 01-01-2008 at 09:17 PM.
01-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #149

Nosnoop.

I am very aware of who is the originator of the forum noise. I've seen it other places too. I have also noticed that "he who should not be mentioned by name" is not a good listener.
I'm not to fond of talking to the wall. Therefore I adressed the other part of the argument. My mistake. I do applogise for that.

Tim
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #150
Veteran Member

I do appologise if Nosnoop or any others feel offended.
Tim, not need for apology and don't worry about it.
Seriously, I didn't feel offended at all. Your request was reasonable and echoed part of my feelings too. That's why I wrote about my dilemma of leaving it alone or post a reply for the benefit of new comers.