Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #31
Inactive Account

omg where is the front dial? does the k100d not have that either? :s couldn't cope without mine. also i hope they add a dedicated dial for iso and some way of flicking through white balance settings without going into the menu. those two things annoy me so much about my k10d. oh and the immense underexposure in any sort of auto mode

12-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pixelpruner Quote
omg where is the front dial? does the k100d not have that either? :s couldn't cope without mine. also i hope they add a dedicated dial for iso and some way of flicking through white balance settings without going into the menu. those two things annoy me so much about my k10d. oh and the immense underexposure in any sort of auto mode
Hey that's the K200D not the K20D
12-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
in regards to the weather sealing, you'll notice that there is no little 'twist latch' for either the sd card door or battery compartment door, which IIRC is what most weather-sealed cameras have.

The small number of contacts on the batter grip connection (compared to the 17 on the K10) is interesting. They might have room to fit another 2 or 4 AA's in there, but is that enough contacts to transfer the power? Do the AA's need fewer contacts than the DL-I50's?

Nice to see the Sv mode comming to the 'low-end' camera. In my opinion that's one of the best ways to do ISO changes on the fly.
12-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If you look closely, the contacts for the grip are done the exact same way as the K10D which means to me... weather sealing !
No, it just means that there's no need to invent the wheel for a second time.

12-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #35
TDN
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If you look closely, the contacts for the grip are done the exact same way as the K10D which means to me... weather sealing !
Actually, according to someone on another forum, who claims to have some inside info, this would be the first entry-level model with weather sealing. (at least to some extent, maybe like the D200 from Nikon)

I have no idea about his full-of-it-or-not-status

Tom
12-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #36

Hmm, looks very promising. Provided it's got at least a 6 RAW buffer and (hopefully) the prism finder I'm interested as a backup/light carry camera (I do miss the DS for its wonderful small size).

I'm thinking dust sealing here, rather than fully splashproof like the K10D. It would still be a first, as the only dust-sealed bodies on the market today are the 40D and A700.
12-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #37
Inactive Account

Wheres Ben when you need him!
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tyler Quote
Wheres Ben when you need him!
Probably not bothering with the entry-level model.

12-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Well if this is true, here is a grip photo
I hope it is a mock up because it does not look good and has no grip-material on it
Those pins at the bottom mean that k200D will have its grip.
12-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhamemr Quote
in regards to the weather sealing, you'll notice that there is no little 'twist latch' for either the sd card door or battery compartment door, which IIRC is what most weather-sealed cameras have.

The small number of contacts on the batter grip connection (compared to the 17 on the K10) is interesting. They might have room to fit another 2 or 4 AA's in there, but is that enough contacts to transfer the power? Do the AA's need fewer contacts than the DL-I50's?

Nice to see the Sv mode comming to the 'low-end' camera. In my opinion that's one of the best ways to do ISO changes on the fly.
the Sv mode works well, as does the 'program Sv' or auto Sv in the K10. I've set the auto ISO mode with a range of 200 to 800, and use the Sv to override when appropriate.
12-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TDN Quote
Actually, according to someone on another forum, who claims to have some inside info, this would be the first entry-level model with weather sealing. (at least to some extent, maybe like the D200 from Nikon)

I have no idea about his full-of-it-or-not-status

Tom
People on the inside aren't really allowed to share that sort of info, which in my opinion is why Ben never really says anything about the upcoming models

So I wouldn't count on his information being accurate.
12-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #42

Looks like some subtle refinements have been made. The area above the lens mount has increased, so a large diameter lens can fit. The hand grip is an improvement upon the *ist DS and K100D, since it is more rounded and beefier, and should be more comfortable and less tiring to hold.
12-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
Look the top LCD...it's clearly photoshopped in the lower side near the prism.
And the right hand grip section seems so different from top and from towards...

@ KRO77: K100d has that flash release button there.
Thanks the K10 has it next to the flash which i am not a huge fan of.
12-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
Look the top LCD...it's clearly photoshopped in the lower side near the prism.
And the right hand grip section seems so different from top and from towards...

@ KRO77: K100d has that flash release button there.
How about these?

Pentax K200D 4 images: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
12-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
Looks like some subtle refinements have been made. The area above the lens mount has increased, so a large diameter lens can fit. The hand grip is an improvement upon the *ist DS and K100D, since it is more rounded and beefier, and should be more comfortable and less tiring to hold.
this would be a really good thing if it elevated the flash a bit. the DA* 15-50 is a nifty lens
but a bit large for the built in flash---at least on a K10.