Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #61
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone know if the k200d will be able to trigger flashes with the on-board flash like the k10d can? Thats the one feature I wish I had with my k100d right now.

12-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tyler Quote
Does anyone know if the k200d will be able to trigger flashes with the on-board flash like the k10d can? Thats the one feature I wish I had with my k100d right now.
I wouldn't expect it but then I did not expected other things like weather sealing.
I guess we will have to wait for the announcement.
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
LOL

Oh if one looks well enough at the battery door of the K200D grip it clearly is the same design as the ist-D grip which makes me think it indeed takes a tray of 4xAA cells.
And if you look closely at the door on the camera, it says 'LR6x4', which means it takes 4 LR6 cells (AKA, AA's).
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #64
Veteran Member

My guess is not. This is a market-segment differentiator. It'd be cool if Pentax would start including these kind of options, though, making the entry-level camera a viable back-up/compact body for people who already have the higher model.

To avoid confusing people who bought it as a P&S replacement, there could be a menu option to switch between Basic and Expert modes -- the former would hide all "confusing" advanced functionality in the menus.

12-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhamemr Quote
And if you look closely at the door on the camera, it says 'LR6x4', which means it takes 4 LR6 cells (AKA, AA's).
I saw that but in no way it means the grip takes 4xAA as well.
12-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #66
Pentaxian

LOL

Oh if one looks well enough at the battery door of the K200D grip it clearly is the same design as the ist-D grip which makes me think it indeed takes a tray of 4xAA cells.
My Minolta A2 takes both AA's and Lithium in the battery grip. (not at the same time though) ;-)

cheers,
Rick
12-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #67
Inactive Account

The only question is, when will the K20D images pop up? I've been looking for a while now but to no avail.
12-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #68
Veteran Member

I saw that but in no way it means the grip takes 4xAA as well.
This is only logical though. Do you expect the battery grip taking lithium and it would come with batteries and chargers? This would make it far too expensive. And inconvenient to end users if camera body and grip requires two different battery charging options.

12-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #69

The only question is, when will the K20D images pop up? I've been looking for a while now but to no avail.
The whole "K2** affair" seems made of intentional leaks: two months before the official announcement it came the Hong Kong rumors, one month before the low-end [anyway a D40x/E-410 killer] model pics...we'll se the BIG thing in a month, but not before.

A very smart strategy, indeed: nearly zero costs, max news spreading!

imho
12-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
This is only logical though. Do you expect the battery grip taking lithium and it would come with batteries and chargers? This would make it far too expensive. And inconvenient to end users if camera body and grip requires two different battery charging options.
This has got me thinking. How hard would it be to have different voltages in the grip and body? All the other brands' AA grips replace the main battery, while the k10's grip (and the k200's from the look of it) don't. The DL-I50 runs at 7.4 volts, while four AA's run at 6 volts (1.5 volts x 4 = 6 volts). It seems to me that if the circuitry required to modify the voltage were too expensive then Pentax would choose to stick to a single voltage level, be it that given by AA's or by the Li-ion batteries.
12-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Pentax is Pentax... and other brands do offer grip with other power option than camera so why not...
12-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Looks pretty good save for the fact the Pentax logo is not the right typeface which is pretty much the most important part of the sell isnt it? Imagine sony cameras popping up with cartoon lettering on the front.......looks like a mock up by an artist for the said agency.
12-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #73

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I'm not sure that sealed. But, in Russia a lot of users want DS with 10 Mp.
Me too.
And me as well.

I hope it supports true TTL metering as this is one of the reasons I still have the DS.

bazz.
12-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sir_bazz Quote
And me as well.

I hope it supports true TTL metering as this is one of the reasons I still have the DS.

bazz.
It won't. Do not even hope.
12-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Pentax is Pentax... and other brands do offer grip with other power option than camera so why not...
You got it the wrong way round. Other brands has Li batteries for the camera body, but allow the use of AA in the grip. This is OK, as you don't need to package the grip with its own battery and charger. The reverse won't be true. Having AA for camera body but using Li for the grip simply does not make sense; as packaging a battery & charger with the grip would make it too expensive an accessory for K200D market.