Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #1771
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, DPreview already seems hopefull they'll be able to criticise the camera. The real question, I think, is how the AF performance on the camera is. We shall see.... I do wish Pentax was pushing the video aspect of the camera more--they really have checked most of the boxes one would want for video.

02-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #1772
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
Yes, DPreview already seems hopefull they'll be able to criticise the camera. The real question, I think, is how the AF performance on the camera is. We shall see.... I do wish Pentax was pushing the video aspect of the camera more--they really have checked most of the boxes one would want for video.
DP review is always hopeful they can knock Pentax. the K5 really screwed them up
they essentially started knocking it already

Twats
02-02-2012, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #1773
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
From DPreview:

Not an astounding savings in size.... On the other hand, we can congratulate Pentax for making the K-5 ever so small....
Here's another look:

Click here for a really high tech animated GIF

If you compare this to the DPReview image and pay attention to the strap lug on the K-5's grip side, you'll see that the K-01 may be smaller than DPReviews image suggests.

[note, i had posted a photo previously but took it down because it was based on the wrong assumption that the mount flanges of the two cameras were the same size. If you look at the animated GIF, you will see that the K-5 has a wider mount flange]

Last edited by johnmflores; 02-02-2012 at 07:23 AM.
02-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #1774

In no way did i read all 119 pages of this thread. holly cow? 119 pages? So i am guessing some of these articles have been posted here already. All are from Feb1 or 2. These were new A-01 articles all showing the same newly released photos and all saying mostly the exact same thing. But for some reason, my depression era grandparents instilled this need to hoard things so putting these links here fills this irrational desire:
Pentax Ricoh Imaging Expands Mirrorless Lineup With K-01 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com (Ohh boy, hear we go again with all black ones selling out before the pink ones)
Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera teased in press photos - SlashGear
Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera rumored with announcement, photos | The Verge
Pentax poised to reveal high-end, compact K-01 camera | Deep Tech - CNET News
Could this be Pentax's latest K-01 APS-C ILC? - Crave - CNET Asia
PENTAX Announces the K-01?a More Powerful Mirrorless Camera
Pentax K-01 leaks, wants to be your retro-looking mirrorless friend -- Engadget
Pentax's K-01 Mirrorless Camera Puts Substance Over Style (Because It Has No Style)
The Byte: Facebook IPO, New Sony CEO, and Kindle Sales | PCWorld
Pentax launches mirrorless camera with large sensor
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k01/pentax-k01A.HTM

Last edited by cadmus; 02-02-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: I keep finding more
02-02-2012, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #1775
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Crismo Quote
I'll go against the tide here a bit, but to my eye the K-01 is a stunningly good looking piece of kit.
Actually, +1
02-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #1776
ogl
Banned

Anybody found buffer size?
02-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #1777

Photos: Albums
PRICE IS AT 899$
Amazon.com: Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow): Camera & Photo

02-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #1778

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
1st post?

Hi Marc
Ha ha, yes it is! I've been lurking around here for quite some time and thought I might as well register and toss in my 2c.
02-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #1779
Veteran Member

I think that the K-01 will sell really well, once the punters realise that it represents a great deal in terms of IQ and flexibility at a reasonable price. And if Pentax follow this with a FF version with a second dial and optional EVF for about $1500 (body only), there would be queues around the block to get one.
02-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #1780
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
one really outstanding thing i find with k-01,

one more reason why you should get Pentax ... "K-mount" =D

despite how it looks (love or dislike), a mirror-less that can use your existing lens O_O beats getting a nex or pen heck even a q since you've got access to that with no adapters. win in my books.
02-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #1781
ogl
Banned

Metal mount. Plastic inner bodyof DA40 XS

02-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #1782
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
If you compare this to the DPReview image and pay attention to the strap lug on the K-5's grip side, you'll see that the K-01 may be smaller than DPReviews image suggests.
The rear view dpreview picture seems reasonable, but in the top view, the K-01 is clearly too big.
02-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #1783
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
What gave you the idea this is enthusiast level? it's the entry level mirrorless.
I don't know what plans Pentax has, but a mirrorless camera with one of the best APS-C sensors sounds like enthusiast-level to me. I can't see a camera like this having been planned to get the attention of soccer-moms and P&S shooters.
02-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #1784
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
DP review is always hopeful they can knock Pentax. the K5 really screwed them up
they essentially started knocking it already

Twats
I think they seem pretty fair. In fact they were harder on the Nikon V1 then I've ever seen them be to a Pentax camera.

However, on the K-01, be prepared for some negativity. I've already had 2 non-pentaxian friends email this morning asking me what's the point of it is. Let's just say I think it's going to be a very tough sell to anyone outside of the Pentax ecosystem. Even as an owner of a half dozen or so Pentax manual focus lenses I would still rather just adapt them to NEX-7. So I don't expect their review to be all sunshine and roses; nor should it be.

That said, the K-01 is actually a bit better looking than I expected. In B&W it even looks kind of cool....well, until I realized there's no EVF in the top hump
02-02-2012, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #1785
Veteran Member

I really really want to love it . but its again aiming to the more tourists amateur crowed and not to what most of us here are people that take their hobby / profession very seriously.

Even thou the kind of photography I do is a glorified snap shooting , no VF in the speed that is need in the street probably will not work.

I will wait until its in store thou to go and try it out BC I really want to love it