Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it's priced to replace the k-r, then it's nice. Especially if it literally takes the k-5 sensor. If it's significantly above the k-r, then I'd rather get the remaining k-5s on the market.

01-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #47
Veteran Member

The flange distance isn't as big as people think

http://wkoopmans.ca/notebook/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PentaxMV_PS.jpg

It's all the other stuff in modern DSLR's that make them so big. Pentax has shown that they are the best in the industry at miniaturization, you can argue if you want but they sure made the Q small.
01-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
.....Not looking forward to all the Goodbye Cruel Worlds when something is finally announced and it isn't exactly what someone wants.
Amen to that!
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
The Sony NEX-7 weighs 291 grams so this can't weigh 560 grams unless that is with kit zoom lens.
NEX-7 is particularly light. Do not forget this K-01 has to embark a motor to focus current K-mount kit lenses.

01-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #50

Photos: Albums
Not looking forward to all the Goodbye Cruel Worlds when something is finally announced and it isn't exactly what someone wants.
I think that is the best part of these threads! Still waiting for those who are threatening to jump to sell!
01-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #51

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Sounds cool.
I don't know that I'd rush to pick one up unless there were definite gains in resolution etc. Though I was set to pick-up an NEX-7 too until I got to the store and took for one a test drive. Played with it for about 30 mins. put it back in the box and said, thanks, but no thanks.

Guess it's time to admit it. I'm a DSLR man
I think Sony does a great job in creating "bullet point" cameras-- lots of features that can be easily listed on the side of a box or a brochure.

Pentax does a better job of designing cameras-- they feel like properly made tools, even if things like "ergonomics" and "high quality glass" are harder to quantify into bullet point status.

Unfortunately we've seen which approach seems to be working so far ...
01-19-2012, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

I wonder how many posts this thread will get until we have an official word for this rumor My guess is probably close to 1500 posts.

01-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
NEX-7 is particularly light. Do not forget this K-01 has to embark a motor to focus current K-mount kit lenses.
and a flange distance more than twice the nex 7.

Really i never thought Pentax would make a nex (and personally i'm glad they didn't)

If you want a Nex buy a Nex.

this will be the ONLY, i repeat ONLY MILC with full legacy lens support (unless canikon decide to respond)

it means anyone byiing into it has a clear upgrade path, and a huge assortment of compatible lenses

Good on ricoh for green lighting this (which I'm sure was under development prior to their ownership - but i bet the delays allowed time for tweaks that come from ricoh)

Aside from the (expensive) Fuji this is the first Milc that I can seriously see buying (the GXR not being available in Canada) the inability to mount just about any lens made doesn't bother me, there are more than enough that will fit that are excellent lenses (and will work on my DSLR too woohoo)

Can't wait to see the actual product (and the 3 lenses - 3 new k mount lenses that sound to be cheaper DA ltds good idea - beats nex's 1 good lens )
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Not looking forward to all the Goodbye Cruel Worlds when something is finally announced and it isn't exactly what someone wants.
That's not the reason I think this camera is a mistake. But it's the fact that if this is their new main body, then all the doom and gloom stories have come true. If this is their replacement for the K5, then it's a joke.
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote

Really i never thought Pentax would make a nex (and personally i'm glad they didn't)

If you want a Nex buy a Nex.

this will be the ONLY, i repeat ONLY MILC with full legacy lens support (unless canikon decide to respond)

it means anyone byiing into it has a clear upgrade path, and a huge assortment of compatible lenses

Good on ricoh for green lighting this (which I'm sure was under development prior to their ownership - but i bet the delays allowed time for tweaks that come from ricoh)

Aside from the (expensive) Fuji this is the first Milc that I can seriously see buying (the GXR not being available in Canada) the inability to mount just about any lens made doesn't bother me, there are more than enough that will fit that are excellent lenses (and will work on my DSLR too woohoo)

Can't wait to see the actual product (and the 3 lenses - 3 new k mount lenses that sound to be cheaper DA ltds good idea - beats nex's 1 good lens )
Eddie, you talk like this has been officially announced
01-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
That's not the reason I think this camera is a mistake. But it's the fact that if this is their new main body, then all the doom and gloom stories have come true. If this is their replacement for the K5, then it's a joke.
I think if this rumor is true, I can see it as a replacement for the K-r, not the K-5.
01-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
For you, Pentax did wrong to not become "Leica", right ?
For anyone who wants a Leica but can't afford it, please buy a Fuji X Pro-1 and stop complaining

Last edited by gazonk; 01-19-2012 at 09:37 AM.
01-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #58
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Flange focal distance:
Sony E-mount 18 mm
Pentax K-mount 45.5 mm

2.5 times
01-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #59
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Painter Quote
http://wkoopmans.ca/notebook/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PentaxMV_PS.jpg

It's all the other stuff in modern DSLR's that make them so big. Pentax has shown that they are the best in the industry at miniaturization, you can argue if you want but they sure made the Q small.
Pentax Q vs Sony NEX-5N :
Compare camera dimensions side by side
01-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
In consideration, the k-5 isn't discontinued. The k-r is.