Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #721
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
4. Substantial reduction of noise while camera is being operated.
Have you tried a K-5?. It is very quiet indeed. The K-5 is also much quieter than my NEX-5 mirrorless. Mainly due to shutter noise, not mirror slap noise. So mirrorless isn't automatically a solution for noise. Hopefully Pentax know that.

01-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #722
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Maybe Pentax went with a mirrorless TLR style... I suggested that possibility a few months ago.

Basically a box with the view window on top. This would get around making a small camera due to the long registration distance.
01-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #723
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
Mike's CES 2012 Camera Wrap-Up and Predictions | TechnoBuffalo

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Apparently, this guy got a peek at something from pentax and was excited. No specifics, just more fuel for the fire.

Mike Perlman:
Although Pentax didn’t announce anything at CES, they showed me a top secret model that’s going to be unveiled within the coming weeks. All I can say is that you’ve never seen anything like it from a design standpoint
Sounds exciting.
01-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #724
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
Maybe Pentax went with a mirrorless TLR style... I suggested that possibility a few months ago.

Basically a box with the view window on top. This would get around making a small camera due to the long registration distance.
Oh wouldn't THAT shake things up!

Will that be the iPhone form-factor?

01-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #725
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh wouldn't THAT shake things up!

Will that be the iPhone form-factor?

Something like this
but shorter and minus the second lens.

( Twin-lens reflex camera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #726
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
people freaking out after seeing the design is more scary then exciting to me

There are a couple of lomography stores in London, full of weird-looking cameras in all shapes and sizes with, often, garish colours and soft rounded edges. When I passed by one on Sunday, it was packed with folks browsing, comparing, chatting, most of them young. When did you last see that in a camera shop? The notion that cameras can be something fun and special and not just rows of gadgets somewhere beyond the fridges and kettles in a department store? Further on, in nearby streets, I passed several people wearing brightly coloured lomos around their neck. It wouldn't surprise me if the new Pentax took some inspiration from cameras like this, not least because they are items of fascination for a lot of folks. They bring in the customers. It's no worry if a few folks of the senior citizen tendency tut tut and say of the K-01 any colour so long as it's black and any shape so long as it's fully rectangular. After all, they don't have to buy one.

Last edited by mecrox; 01-24-2012 at 04:41 PM.
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #727
Veteran Member

It's beginning to sound like there might be two products in the pipeline, a mondo bizarro special edition and something a little more sober for the traditionalists (although still pretty innovative). I hope so, I'm not ready for a lime green foetus shaped camera! Perhaps the Marc Newson involvement was to create lots of free publicity...

01-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #728

Well, i dont have a problem with "strange colors" and things like that, but designs becomes a no-go when/if its starts to interfere with the functionality...

I dont get the "hype" about this lomography things, people start to freak out about bad pictures...
Dont get me wrong a good picture can be incredible without being perfect (technically spoken), but most things i see made by some friend(and online) who only do lomo at the moment is just bad. Sometimes i have the feeling that just "not-using" a PS-Filter to ruin a image is the most important thing....
01-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #729
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I asked myself the same question 4 years ago, when I was looking for my first DSLR. I wasn't tied to Pentax yet, so I was totally unbiassed. Well my choice is obvious.
Pretty much my thought as well. Small, SR in body, nice primes... the choice was obvious.
01-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #730
Veteran Member

With respect to "no visor a nivel del ojo", I checked the Spanish Sony pages how they describe their cameras ...

Well, the LCD is called LCD, not visor (viewfinder).

The SLTs are described "visor electrónico".
The Alpha dSLRs are described "visor fijo a nivel del ojo, espejo penta-Dach", i.e., "fixed eye-level viewfinder with pentaprism/mirror"

So, there is a chance that a correct translation from Spanish would have been 'no optical viewfinder". That's my analysis. Note however that I don't speak any Spanish ...

But my guess is that the most recent rumor is a translation error. Maybe, somebody from Spain can clarify further...

But it may mean no EVF as well, because there seems to be such a thing as "visor electrónico a nivel de ojo" in Spanish as well.

Last edited by falconeye; 01-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.
01-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #731
Banned

Is there no one out there that does make test pictures with such a new camera?
01-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #732

Original Poster
The plot thicks: Some more Pentax rumors (full frame DSLR, mirrorless camera) | Photo Rumors
01-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #733
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Horrible Quote
Hmmmm like brick...literally! I wonder how do you hold the camera horizontally in that case.
01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #734
Veteran Member

I'm really feeling mixed about this rumour.

On one hand, Pentax might be introducing something really functional, and a great photography tool, but then on the other hand, it might just be yet another fashion accessory for the Japanese market.

Then there is Olympus and the soon to be introduced OM-D. Functionally it just might be the closest thing there is to a 1980's film SLR. Although, I expect it will be m43 and EVIL. But if it is like the OM-1, functionally it will be closer to the MX then anything Pentax is expected to release.

I just really hope this Pentax is not some bizarre design study concept thing.
01-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #735
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I'm really feeling mixed about this rumour.

On one hand, Pentax might be introducing something really functional, and a great photography tool, but then on the other hand, it might just be yet another fashion accessory for the Japanese market.

Then there is Olympus and the soon to be introduced OM-D. Functionally it just might be the closest thing there is to a 1980's film SLR. Although, I expect it will be m43 and EVIL. But if it is like the OM-1, functionally it will be closer to the MX then anything Pentax is expected to release.

I just really hope this Pentax is not some bizarre design study concept thing.
+1.

I guess if the new camera is functional a bizarre design study concept will be OK. Still why re-invent something unless it is to make it better and more functional. Of the new cameras that has recently been announced or soon to be announced they have been very traditional in looks. The new Fuji copied the traditional Leica rangefinder design. Same with the Canon G-1X. The upcoming Olympus OM-D copied the OM-1 design. I loved the looks of those three cameras. Hopefully the new Pentax will be very functional and look good.

Dave