Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #766
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by trublubiker Quote
@gazonk

A good guess, or maybe a pretty astute assumption on your part, about what I'd really like.

If I didn't have 000's tied up in Pentax glass, I would be seriously looking at the D700 or it's reincarnation.
Lots of current Pentaxian feel that way, Trublubike. That's why Pentax cannot discontinue K-mount. With striving to gain new customers, they would lose just as many or more.

01-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #767
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I'm not sure about it being a "brick" but if you think it through it suddenly makes sense.

Current DSLR's still have the same shape as 35mm cameras from almost 100 years ago (starting with the Leica) because of their heritage (there is a space for the film cartridge and a space for freshly exposed pictures).

Strip down everything reminding from the film era, and we end up with nothing but a cube with a hole (the K bayonet). A little Hasselblad in that sense. In that cube is the sensor (still with SR) and one, maybe two LCD touch screens and one or two card slots. No controls/knobs other than a lens release button and a shutter button. When the camera is rotated the viewfinder info rotates automatically. No grip, no battery compartment, no viewfinder other than the built-in LCD touch screens.
I think it would be even better if making "sensor" body shaped a a round tube, which makes it easy to turn the body between landscape or portrait orientation (or anything inbetween). The grip is secured on a bracket that can be turned 90 degrees for easy switch between landscape and portrait orientation. Tripod mount, flash socket and EVF connector is integrated in the grip unit.

All buttons is on the grip unit except lens release button. And several optional grip that will be optimized for different needs. Even grips optimized for video would be possble.
01-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #768
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I think it would be even better if making "sensor" body shaped a a round tube, which makes it easy to turn the body between landscape or portrait orientation (or anything inbetween). The grip is secured on a bracket that can be turned 90 degrees for easy switch between landscape and portrait orientation. Tripod mount, flash socket and EVF connector is integrated in the grip unit.

All buttons is on the grip unit except lens release button. And several optional grip that will be optimized for different needs. Even grips optimized for video would be possble.
You're describing a Nikon prototype:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/wp-content/gallery/nikon-concept/Screen%20sho...02.10%20PM.JPG

Whilst I think this prototype is fugly. I do like this whole modular concept though.

What about making the mount-sytem a loose module? I can see many advantages there.
01-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #769
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Turo Quote
Hi, I'm Spanish and I'm surprised about the "visor a nivel del ojo", because "visor" means viewfinder and there is no need to add "a nivel del ojo" (eye level). Maybe this was also a translation from another language
Ok, thanks.
So, in Spanish it is as ambigious as it is in the English "no eye-level viewfinder" translation.

I don't think it was translated into Spanish as Sony uses the same term on their Spanish website (for SLRs only).

But my opinion: No EVF = K-01 Fail.

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I'm not sure about it being a "brick" but if you think it through it suddenly makes sense.
But the result then would be more like a Lytro.

A brick with the dimensions we hear about has a lot of volume (unused, esp. if it has no EVF) and this would show.

01-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #770
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
But my opinion: No EVF = K-01 Fail.
100% Agree on that.

QuoteQuote:
But the result then would be more like a Lytro.
I thought about that. But the Lytro camera has no additional accessories (that I know of) so it will always be a brick. A "Pentax brick" could be modified at all times with grips, finders, etc.

But at this time it was not more than a brain exercise
01-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #771
Pentaxian

What if it look like the old Kodak Duaflex. They look like a brick, the screen was on top that mean not at eyes levels. You dont need a tripod. Except one mount
My father was have one of these when I was young.
This camera I believe will be the entry level camera not the FF everybody is dreaming

01-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #772
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
That's not what has been rumoured. The K-01 is supposed to be bundled with three kit lenses, one of them being the new 40mm f/2.8 XS, the two remaining ones being existing lenses. Existing lenses, not existing prime lenses: zoom lenses are perfectly possible. Indeed, why couldn't they be the 18-55 and 50-200 kit zooms?
???
I don't even know why people are talking of three lenses associated with the new camera. The Google translation of the rumor says,
"K-mount mount. Other DA 40mm F2.8XS, there will be three lens kit with the existing lens."
This is at best ambiguous. Who knows what "three lens kit with the existing lens" means... Anyone who can read Japanese?
01-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #773
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The new Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera is supposed to be build like a brick, literally - you should be able to place on a table in landscape or portrait position without a tripod.

SQUARE BODY??? Or close to SQUARE?

All Pentax FA lenses will work on the new K-01 with the exception of few models.

Last edited by ogl; 01-25-2012 at 07:11 AM.
01-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #774
Pentaxian

I checked the latest rumors with my nameless friend, turns out he didn't now squat.

I need a new nameless friend.
01-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #775
Loyal Site Supporter

I won't claim to read japanese exactly, but I can pretend for you, right? I read it as three different kits using an unspecified number of existing lenses.
01-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #776
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
???
I don't even know why people are talking of three lenses associated with the new camera. The Google translation of the rumor says,
"K-mount mount. Other DA 40mm F2.8XS, there will be three lens kit with the existing lens."
This is at best ambiguous. Who knows what "three lens kit with the existing lens" means... Anyone who can read Japanese?
Three lens kits based on DA 40mm f/2.8 XS and existing lens.

I presume the three kits will be:

- K-01 + 40mm XS
- K-01 + 18-55mm
- K-01 + 18-55mm + 40mm XS (think Pentax Q + 8.5mm + 5-15mm).
01-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #777
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Three lens kits based on DA 40mm f/2.8 XS and existing lens.

I presume the three kits will be:

- K-01 + 40mm XS
- K-01 + 18-55mm
- K-01 + 18-55mm + 40mm XS (think Pentax Q + 8.5mm + 5-15mm).
That makes a lot of sense. It would be great if they made a more compact (retracting?) kit zoom than the current 18-55, though.
01-25-2012, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #778
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The new Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera is supposed to be build like a brick, literally - you should be able to place on a table in landscape or portrait position without a tripod.

SQUARE BODY??? Or close to SQUARE?

All Pentax FA lenses will work on the new K-01 with the exception of few models.
I found a photo of the K-01

01-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #779
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I found a photo of the K-01
Perfect for shooting brick walls!
01-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #780
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
I won't claim to read japanese exactly, but I can pretend for you, right? I read it as three different kits using an unspecified number of existing lenses.
I'm not too good at Japanese translating.. my grammar is beginner level at best... but it seems to read like that...

「DA 40mm F2.8XSの他、既存レンズで3種のレンズキットが用意される。」 -> DA 40mm F2.8XS and other lenses, potentially with 3 different lens kits using variations of existing lenses.