Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #811
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I prefer the k-mount mirrorless Hasselblad WLF (LCD) look over anything else. Very distinctive and frankly, darn good for video. Forget the silly size war with m43.

01-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #812
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
@ Markku55 - it's a rumours thread bound to breed speculation and wild fantasy. by cp+ there will be a separate news thread with the reality. Even if there are people on the forum who have seen the camera (and even possibly are shooting with it now for future publication post announcement) they would be bound by a strict NDA and would have nothing to say, but may respond to things in fun without giving anything away
it's mindless forum amusement people love to speculate
Even more than that, Pentaxians tend to be, as a whole, a pretty conservative group, resistant to change and the idea of an oddly shaped camera without an optical viewfinder seems clearly to indicate that the Mayans were right about the end of the world this year.
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #813
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
I prefer the k-mount mirrorless Hasselblad WLF (LCD) look over anything else. Very distinctive and frankly, darn good for video. Forget the silly size war with m43.
mate it with various finder attachments and its all purpose (like an Lx or any of the many medium formats with interchangeable finders)
01-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #814
Veteran Member

The size-thing is a temporarily fad anyway.

The WLF look is very cool. And hanging such a camera from your neckstrap against your waiste, makes a pretty good human tripod. Even with longer lenses.

01-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #815
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frederik9111 Quote
Looks familiar, doesn't it? The mirrorless prototype from 1997.
We all remember the NC-1 roumor from exactly one year ago? (source)
That rumor started, if I recall correctly, in around 2006 - one source for it even says "The picture above shows the first design of a mirrorless digital camera made by Pentax in 1997!!!" - so it's way older than a year.

The rumor of a compact K mount digital camera has emerged many times over the past 5-10 years. Here's one that indicates that RICOH was working on such a camera back in September 2009:

(k3) Ricoh is working on a compact camera based on Pentax’s K mount?

I heard it first one month ago and now photorumors has one more prove of that. Ricoh is working on a mirrorless compact camera (similar to the newly launched Panasonic GF1 ) with K-mount!
That is something that Pentax and Samsung should had done before!
The camera is rumored to be unveiled by end of the year!
I hope it becomes true!

With a follow-on story that stated:

(K4) Ricoh is coming with K-mount mirrorless system!

According to photorumors.com Ricoh will have a presentation of a mirrorless APS-C camera on November 12th, 2009. The camera will be available in December.
As reported one month ago the camera will have a K-mount! That’s why we will report any rumors and news we can catch!
Editor’s note: Pentax and Samsung wake up!

Last edited by Docrwm; 01-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.
01-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #816
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

mate it with various finder attachments and its all purpose (like an Lx or any of the many medium formats with interchangeable finders)
An imaging box with a system of attachments to suit.
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #817
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Since there is no mirror you don't need finder attachments. It's likely to be an LCD with all mods in software. Better a very high quality LCD than attachment points. It almost makes more sense to articulate from the top than a traditional rear screen design.

01-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #818
Pentaxian

I agree on the EVF. The Panasonic I had before a much needed upgrade to Pentax had a EVF and for one manual focussing was a lot easier because of an automatic electronic enlarging of the focus area. Manual focus on my K20 is not as easy or reliable as on a K1000 for example, what with split screen or micro-prisms so the advantage of OVF for focussing for example does not exit. For composition I cannot see why it would make a difference. It does look better through a OVF, but that does not influence composition as such and it will probably be ( if it is ) a much better EVF that what is available on the market today. I would prefer an eyel evel viewfinder, but the swivel screen is sometimes very useful. Maybe both. like on my not lamented Panasonic
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #819
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, you do know you can actually buy a replacement screen for your K20D, which will have both split-image and microprism focussing aids, don't you? However, the limitations of an APS-C screen versus a 35mm screen, in terms of brightness, are well-known and have been much discussed on these Forums. There are other things that all SLR screens are problematic with, such as very fine focussing with large aperture lenses, and which EVFs will greatly assist with, particularly as they improve their image fidelity. The best of all worlds, of course, would be a hybrid system that allowed you to switch smoothly between the two - possible, but pricey, I imagine, and maybe ultimately pointless.
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #820
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
The best of all worlds, of course
IMO it's the worst
01-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #821
Inactive Account

A simple adapter (=difference between old mount - new mount flange distance) was a possibility to use our old K-mount lenses.
So I think there must be a reason to retain the big empty mirror box.
Pentax can let move the sensor forwards and backward in this big empty box. So new optics don't need to have a focus mechanism + with the sensor in the backward position they have extra macro-possibilitys.
Even our oldest M-42 lenses can AF when prefocussed on the shortest distance...

What do you think?
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #822
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
IMO it's the worst
Well, all I can say to that remark is that switching to live view with my A50/1.2 achieves better focus off the LCD screen than with the OVF, on close subjects, which is fine if the ambient light allows it. Maybe you don't do much of that work. If your DSLR did have that sort of hybrid VF, assuming you could switch the EVF off, why would it be worse?
01-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #823
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tozumi Quote
A simple adapter (=difference between old mount - new mount flange distance) was a possibility to use our old K-mount lenses.
So I think there must be a reason to retain the big empty mirror box.
Pentax can let move the sensor forwards and backward in this big empty box. So new optics don't need to have a focus mechanism + with the sensor in the backward position they have extra macro-possibilitys.
Even our oldest M-42 lenses can AF when prefocussed on the shortest distance...

What do you think?
A great concept - I take it you are simply speculating, though.
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #824

Original Poster
I think it's interesting to speculate as to why it's so heavy. Although smaller than a k-r, and without a mirror, pentaprism, or pentamirror, why is it only ~40g lighter?

Brick sounds like the right description!
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #825
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Well Since the new Pentax MILC is odd looking here is my poorly rendered picture of it. =)
- Ugly they say...
- Unusual they say....
- A different concept they say...
- Funny, they say...
So here it is.
Haha, excellent Kenny100D !

Prepare yourself to see a article on photorumors with that illustration within 24 hrs...
Regards,
Arno