Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #826
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
A great concept - I take it you are simply speculating, though.
yes, pure speculation

01-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #827
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
That looks cool. But honestly this could also use a square sensor.

I.m not very good in mathematics at the time. But with K-mount, how big could those sensors be? So 36-24mm is one. But in 4:3 or square, how thous that work out?
01-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #828
Veteran Member

LD-X

Wow!! What a wonderful design. I will buy it. Now lets hope Pentax comes out with something just as exciting design-wise.

Dave
01-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #829
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That looks cool. But honestly this could also use a square sensor.

I.m not very good in mathematics at the time. But with K-mount, how big could those sensors be? So 36-24mm is one. But in 4:3 or square, how thous that work out?
4:3 would be around 34x25, while square would be 30x30.

01-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #830
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That looks cool. . . .
Too bad its Photoshopped . . . isn't it? If it IS real, why do people call it fugly?

Last edited by monochrome; 01-25-2012 at 02:56 PM.
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #831
Veteran Member

No we change the figure. They say it's brick figure with K-Mount.
Here's my rendition.

Shutter button must be on top.

Bust based on what the other say a brick figure will look just any other MILC out there. It contradicts on with the others who saw the new k.
Funny,Ugly, Diffrent concept, New design, Never seen a cemera like this before.

so i guess will wait till next week.

Enjoy. Off to work now. =)
Attached Images

01-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #832

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
No we change the figure. They say it's brick figure with K-Mount.
Here's my rendition.

Shutter button must be on top.

Bust based on what the other say a brick figure will look just any other MILC out there. It contradicts on with the others who saw the new k.
Funny,Ugly, Diffrent concept, New design, Never seen a cemera like this before.

so i guess will wait till next week.

Enjoy. Off to work now. =)
Actually, if you do the measurements, it would be considerably thicker than most mirrorlesses. Usually depth is measured at the thickest point (i.e. handgrip), but what if this thing really is a brick, and the thickest point is the thinnest point as well?

01-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #833
Veteran Member

My idea for the LX-D concept (which should have been last year April's fool joke done by the moderators of pentaxiani.it to the users, but we stopped it because of the Japan tragedy) would be of a full frame mirrorless with proper K-mount. It has a fixed mirror to bend the light to the sensor in the "ceiling", so that the part below the mirror contains the battery. There is just the LCD on the top, to be used at waist level, but it is flippable, so it can be raised to be used at eye level. The sensor is not square, but the advanced SR system allows it to turn 90 degree for portrait shot.

The image is based on a old picture of the Rollei 2000 24x36 film camera, so anyone much more skilled at Photoshop than me that would play with the concept would be welcomed. It would be fun to see it surface in some chinese rumor site...
01-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #834
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Horrible Quote
Actually, if you do the measurements, it would be considerably thicker than most mirrorlesses. Usually depth is measured at the thickest point (i.e. handgrip), but what if this thing really is a brick, and the thickest point is the thinnest point as well?
It would impossible to hold.
01-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #835
Veteran Member

This Optio VS20 seem to fit some description of the rumoured new camera but I am sure is not the one but could give direction were they go with the design
01-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #836
Veteran Member

Saiyng "brick" and not "tile", I guess it's something much more thick than a compact camera or a Nex. But I can't think of a horizontal brick like something manageable. I see a vertical brick, like a Rolleiflex.
01-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #837
Veteran Member

IMO this whole feature where a camera is made to look ugly so it can balance in portrait sounds crazy, but if pentax thought the one thing photographers were looking for is an extra shutter in portrait they probably also think the balancing feature is what every photographer wants...what a stupid reason to make a camera ugly...I am sure all this speculation is false. The Fuji X100 is selling as soon as it hits shelves inspite of all the numerous issues and the high price because of its design/looks.
01-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #838
Veteran Member

A lot of people say a camera is ugly if it's not a Canon or a Nikon or a Sony, like Kai from DigitalRevTv.
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #839
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Bust based on what the other say a brick figure will look just any other MILC out there. It contradicts on with the others who saw the new k. Funny,Ugly, Diffrent concept, New design, Never seen a cemera like this before.
Ok, here goes my guess ....

1. Take an ellipsoid (deformed egg), with the short axis 59mm long (it vecomes the optical axis).

2. Make the other two axis longer than the camera's measures, i.e, >121mm and >79mm IIRC. E.g., something like 200mm and 140mm.

3. Cut the extrems off the egg, so that the measures become as communicated. You get four flat sides with the front and rear surfaces still being bulges.

4. Of course, the rear LCD and front mount cut the bulges partly flat on the front and rear surfaces too.

5. Make the four flat sides in contrasting color (black) and a border suggesting the front and rear surfaces are made from massive metal (white).

6. The result is a typical Marc Newson design and still would be described by both "brick" and "never seen before". But still ugly enough to hope I am totally wrong. To be clear: I haven't seen the beast yet (I am just trying to simulate parts of Marc's brain )
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #840
Veteran Member

The other press release

I guess this is the other press release ogl's dealer contact talked about (about a new press release which isn't a mirrorless).

-> PENTAX - PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION INTRODUCES OPTIO VS20 WITH 20X ZOOM AND VERTICAL SHOOTING ENHANCEMENTS
-> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/official-pentax-news/172950-pentax-ricoh-...-zoom-ver.html
-> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/172906-pentax-vs20.html

(dated today)

Interestingly, like the rumored K-01, it is made to be used in landscape or portrait orientation.

Last edited by falconeye; 01-25-2012 at 06:12 PM.