Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #856
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Google

Pentax/Ricoh Yokohama CP + 2012 program...

Where is the new cameras?

01-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #857
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Google

Pentax/Ricoh Yokohama CP + 2012 program...

Where is the new cameras?
I'm sure Mr. Tanaka will tell more than enough about the upcoming new models.

(It would be stupid to disclose the new cameras already on this program )
01-26-2012, 02:15 AM   #858
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I'm sure Mr. Tanaka will tell more than enough about the upcoming new models.

(It would be stupid to disclose the new cameras already on this program )
Mr. Tanaka handsome rare charm of handsome rare talks Pentax Ricoh cameras Tanaka - maybe it's here...

Last edited by ogl; 01-26-2012 at 02:43 AM.
01-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #859
Veteran Member

Mr. Tanaka handsome rare charm of handsome rare talks Pentax Ricoh cameras Tanaka - maybe it's here...
I think he's just talking about the appeal of cameras... although, i dont know why Tanaka is being called handsome... so weird, lol.

01-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #860
Veteran Member

Can't wait for CP+ to arrive. I think it's more important than this year's CES in light of Pentax products.
i just hope there are good English-version newsbits out when the day finally arrives
01-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #861
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Ok, here goes my guess ....

1. Take an ellipsoid (deformed egg), with the short axis 59mm long (it vecomes the optical axis).

2. Make the other two axis longer than the camera's measures, i.e, >121mm and >79mm IIRC. E.g., something like 200mm and 140mm.

3. Cut the extrems off the egg, so that the measures become as communicated. You get four flat sides with the front and rear surfaces still being bulges.

4. Of course, the rear LCD and front mount cut the bulges partly flat on the front and rear surfaces too.

5. Make the four flat sides in contrasting color (black) and a border suggesting the front and rear surfaces are made from massive metal (white).

6. The result is a typical Marc Newson design and still would be described by both "brick" and "never seen before". But still ugly enough to hope I am totally wrong. To be clear: I haven't seen the beast yet (I am just trying to simulate parts of Marc's brain )

Well it seems we both guessing how the beast looks. May it looks like Stitch (Disney Character) a beast, Cute but Ugly.
01-26-2012, 04:15 AM   #862
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Well it seems we both guessing how the beast looks. May it looks like Stitch (Disney Character) a beast, Cute but Ugly.
It sounds more like sponge bob square pants to me

This is what Porsche thinks of 'practical', and thus boring designs...my favorite company of course.

01-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #863
Veteran Member

the translations are hysterical on all the sessions. Wish i could read japanese to understand what the original says.
01-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #864
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Can't wait for CP+ to arrive. I think it's more important than this year's CES in light of Pentax products.
i just hope there are good English-version newsbits out when the day finally arrives
There is also coming Photokina with hinted possible announcement of long telephoto and more cameras. It's another rumor though.

Last edited by Greyser; 01-26-2012 at 09:12 AM.
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #865
Veteran Member

From the looks of the just announced Optica camera and the rumors about the K-01 I am guessing the K-01 will looks like a bigger brother of the just announced Optica P&S camera. Which is really too bad since I really don't want to buy a system camera that looks like a p&s camera. If I did I would buy a Samsung camera. :-)

Now a LX-D style camera will be really nice. We have milc cameras that look like P&S cameras, others that look like rangefinder cameras and a few that look like slr cameras, but no one has done a milc that looks like a medium format camera.

Now when are we going to get the next leak/rumor about the upcoming K-01. Isn't it about time to have the out-of-focus shot of a little bit of the camera body.

Dave
01-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #866
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
From the looks of the just announced Optica camera and the rumors about the K-01 I am guessing the K-01 will looks like a bigger brother of the just announced Optica P&S camera. Which is really too bad since I really don't want to buy a system camera that looks like a p&s camera. If I did I would buy a Samsung camera. :-)
But then you're probably not in the target customer group :-) I know I'm not, I'm in the target group of the next APS-C DSLR Pentax, possibly also (if I get a bigger budget :-)) future FF and even MF models!
01-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #867

Original Poster
I dunno. I sort of think it might look like a narrower version of the Pentax K2: Pentax K2 - Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Database and Reviews - DSLR, Digital, and Legacy Cameras maybe with/without the pentaprism box at top.

Biggest concern is that retro look is what everyone else is gunning for this year.
01-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #868
Veteran Member

That the big question .
To whom thw next camera is targeted? New potential buyer of P&S who want to move to DSLR? If so all the comments here are not important to Pentax
If the camera is for user of DSLR who want to upgrade or get a second DLSR, that very different
I believe the target audience is new user of DSLR
01-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #869
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
But then you're probably not in the target customer group :-) I know I'm not, I'm in the target group of the next APS-C DSLR Pentax, possibly also (if I get a bigger budget :-)) future FF and even MF models!

You are correct that I am not in the target group. Still a "big brother" to the just announced Optio camera makes me wonder what group they have targeted. My understanding is that the Optio camera line doesn't sell that well (except fo the rugged versions) so why design your new camera to look like a camera that don't sell well. Then again I also don't understand the Pentax Q.

I do own several Pentax dslr cameras and love them. Still I want a camera that is slightly smaller (but not too small) than my K-5 that has a viewfinder, handles good, with good AF, has a hotshoe, take my K-mount lenses and has the rugged weather-sealing treatment for a carry anywhere camera. Right now the upcoming Olympus OM-D looks to be my better choice.

I do hope the upcoming K-01 sells good and bring in money that Pentax/Ricoh can use for R&D.
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #870
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fact is, after a long hiatus, consumption is resuming in the US, especially among those who actually have money. Consumption copntnues apace in Asia. Europe will remain in a funk for many, many years. All camera companies are targeting those higher-wealth, US and Asian consumers. The question is how to differentiate your brand from Canon (not Nikon). Pentax's traditional differentiating characteristics have been optics, ergonomics and weather-sealing, which characteristics are not consumption-inducing.

The Q seems to be a good concept but probably poorly executed due to Hoya's parsimonious capital allocation - maybe Ricoh will invest in the next derivative and blow the doors off. Whatever the K-01 is not, it probably is targeted at a younger consumer who is gadget oriented and wants to have something distinctive.

I may be wrong, but I suspect very few members of this Forum are in the target group for what the K-01 appears to be.