Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #1246
Veteran Member
parsons's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 389
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I had thought of that, but i think the ida that this was really meant to appear as the King when the Q(ueen) came out and was hed back buy hoya due to the pending sale. Ricoh probably tweaked it (and maybe changed the original sensor plan)
if its the king... and it comes with a 40mm as a standard lens then surely its a FF

I'm pretty sire those drawings were on this forum somewhere else already

01-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #1247
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,185
I'm fixated on the cube camera with the tilt LCD that can be positioned on top like a waist level viewfinder or flipped to the back like a modern camera. A waist level viewfinder, when you think about it, can work in this day and age, since only the old folk are looking through viewfinders anymore, and having your arms at your side is inherently more stable than holding a camera ahead at arm's length.

In any case, I hope Pentax comes out with something interesting. DSLRS are boring
01-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #1248
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
because they would get in the way if the lens recessed anymore than say half a centimetre- otherwise the final element of the lens would be limited to a relatively small diamiter
Which lens has this rear element that is almost the diameter of the ID of the k mount?
01-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #1249
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
007 is a trade mark. would be something q could likely design though.
I was under the impression that a number could not be trademarked. The "586" intel processor was 'renamed' to pentium because of this.

01-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1250
Veteran Member
parsons's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 389
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Which lens has this rear element that is almost the diameter of the ID of the k mount?
something very fast
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #1251
Site Supporter
Aristophanes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,922
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I was under the impression that a number could not be trademarked. The "586" intel processor was 'renamed' to pentium because of this.
I believe the term James Bond 007 is trademarked and has numerous copyrights attached to it, but 007 alone would not, unless you associate it with an international spy.
01-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #1252
Veteran Member
parsons's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 389
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I'm fixated on the cube camera with the tilt LCD that can be positioned on top like a waist level viewfinder or flipped to the back like a modern camera. A waist level viewfinder, when you think about it, can work in this day and age, since only the old folk are looking through viewfinders anymore, and having your arms at your side is inherently more stable than holding a camera ahead at arm's length.

In any case, I hope Pentax comes out with something interesting. DSLRS are boring
i agree. still want an OVF anyway though...
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #1253
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 969
QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
Looks like the invitation for the unveiling is Feb 2 in London at 11am

Pentax K-01 to be announced on February 2nd, 2012 | Photo Rumors
That invite has a HUGE emphasis on the designer which is an interesting ploy, it looks like Pentax is using that to create additional buzz to really get the camera noticed. Good for the Buzz standpoint, got me intrigued!

01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #1254
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,426
From the other thread it is said there is NO OVF, NO EVF and NO LCD (none at all).

So what's left? AMOLED? Isn't that a SONY TX200V screen? Samsung is making 5" AMOLED Touch screens, so there might not even be control buttons on the back. I believe these are used in the iPhone 4s.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-30-2012 at 06:54 PM.
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #1255
Veteran Member
parsons's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 389
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
From the other thread it is said there is NO OVF, NO EVF and NO LCD (none at all).

So what's left? AMOLED? Isn't that a SONY Sony TX200V screen?
that was a joke I'm pretty sure. The original rumour this thread is based on said it would have the same LCD as the K-5. I doubt it has a top LCD- especially if it has a rotating LCD that goes up onto the top as a waist level viewfinder like some people have suggested.
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #1256
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
From the other thread it is said there is NO OVF, NO EVF and NO LCD (none at all).

So what's left? AMOLED? Isn't that a SONY TX200V screen?
Your own eyes. My reliable source told me that the K-01 is somehow connected to your brain and controls your eyes as a viewfinder, the new technology is called eYeFinder
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #1257
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,426
QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
that was a joke I'm pretty sure. The original rumour this thread is based on said it would have the same LCD as the K-5. I doubt it has a top LCD- especially if it has a rotating LCD that goes up onto the top as a waist level viewfinder like some people have suggested.
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Your own eyes. My reliable source told me that the K-01 is somehow connected to your brain and controls your eyes as a viewfinder, the new technology is called eYeFinder
Well then.
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #1258
Veteran Member
dgaies's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland / Washington DC
Posts: 3,917
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Your own eyes. My reliable source told me that the K-01 is somehow connected to your brain and controls your eyes as a viewfinder, the new technology is called eYeFinder
I heard it just writes the images straight to the memory card and you won't be able to review them until you get home and process them. Sounds very "retro" to me
01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #1259
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
that was a joke I'm pretty sure. The original rumour this thread is based on said it would have the same LCD as the K-5. I doubt it has a top LCD- especially if it has a rotating LCD that goes up onto the top as a waist level viewfinder like some people have suggested.
Falk had me fooled too. He's usually so serious that I didn't notice his dry sense of humor.

I think the K-5 LCD on the back is still the going rumor, although I wouldn't be surprised if the EVF is a hotshoe addon (which wouldn't be too bad if they upgraded it over time with backward compatibility).
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #1260
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
well then.

Only couple more days and all will be revealed, that's also coming from my very reliable source
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, k-01, k-01 mirrorless camera, mirrorless, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is the new pentax mirrorless coming out tomorrow? justtakingpics Pentax News and Rumors 12 07-26-2011 06:22 AM
There may not be a 2nd mirrorless camera rustynail925 Pentax News and Rumors 5 06-29-2011 05:36 PM
Mirrorless Camera--Good or Bad? InStitches49 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 11-10-2010 10:15 PM
[RUMOR] Canon's First Mirrorless Camera! jct us101 Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 12 09-14-2010 08:08 PM
New Pentax: K-5, K-r and Mirrorless models coming JohnBee Pentax News and Rumors 32 08-08-2010 01:57 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top