Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote

This could be really interesting.
Damn, I would not have that watch on my wrist.

01-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #167
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Damn, I would not have that watch on my wrist.
I'd grow old and die while trying to figure out the time!
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #168
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
I highly doubt it. That's definitely a Japanese design esthetic -- not one of a guy who lives in London.
Seriously, have you seen the guys designs!?!?! Marc Newson Ltd.

Here was I, thinking a camera was a tool. It doesn't have to look good. Ergonomics is everything. PENTAX NAILED that with their current models!

I must be getting old. Apparently, today a camera needs to be as small and light as possible so it can slip easily in ones purse. Important features need to be stripped to accomplish that fashionable goal. And the design should be stylish to match ones clothes.

Sorry, I'm ranting because I'm starting to panic.
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #169
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by trublubiker Quote
I've just replaced my K20D with a K5.

I found the K5 to be uncomfortably small in my not overly large hands. I'd say my hands are average for a man.

Yesterday I received my D-BG4 grip and to say that it has transformed the way the K5 handles would be an gross understatement.

For me, this rumoured K01, plus the 'Q', the NEX and their ilk are just not physically feasible for me.

It seems possible that these new designs are aimed at the fairer sex, and the Asian market.

I hope Pentax don't lose sight of the fact that Caucasian males also take photos.

And please, please, don't look for any racial innuendo in the above sentence because there isn't any.
It took me some time to adapt to my K7 from the K10 as well. I got the grip and it made a difference at the time. now unless i'm shooting a heavy zoom i no longer use the grip. it's always about adapting. when i went from the ds to the k10 I found it huge and heavy
and i still wish i'd kept my mz5n it weighed nothing but was one of the nicest to use cameras i've had

01-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Soo
It looks like the design can be really good and thus the camera will make a lot of hype.
Of course our girlfriend from Russia here likes 'design'.
01-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #171
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Thanks, maybe time to link to an image of the Talby phone referred to in the rumor:
source: Marc Newson Ltd

Actually, not that bad for a pre-iPhone design ...
From his BIO: Marc Newson was born in Sydney and lives in London.
The interesting thing is some of his products are named with Russian words/names, like this one for example: Marc Newson Ltd
There are a few more. Russian wife maybe?
01-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
From his BIO: Marc Newson was born in Sydney and lives in London.
The interesting thing is some of his products are named with Russian words/names, like this one for example: Marc Newson Ltd
There are a few more. Russian wife maybe?
Could be. Or he finds it fitting to use uncommon names for uncommon designs. Who'd buy a shoe named "Gladys"?

01-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
@ clavius - the robot sold out in avbout a week. so they must have done something right with it. it's a big wide world and tastes vary world wide :d
If that Rilakkuma K-r were the same price as the black one, I'd probably own one. :-)

01-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
IMO a phone where the mouthpiece doesn't curve toward my mouth is misdesigned and non-ergonomic.
You mean like this?
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
You mean like this?
Yes, nice little toy computer but a crappy telephone. I don't like do-everything designs. My Blackberry is useful for remote email, sucks as a phone. The Newson telephone shown above appears to be strictly a telephone and is therefore compromised in function to accomodate style.
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #176
Veteran Member

Pentax officially stated on 20-10-2011:
"Such extension goes for sure in the direction of high quality products intended for advanced amateur and professional photographers together with products for the general public."

I hope this design MILC-thing is the latter part of their statement. And I eagerly await the products they'll introduce to cover that first part. I pray they then leave fashion out of it and steer 100% to functionality and ergonomics.

Again, a camera is a tool. Have you ever heard a carpenter say: "Hey I got the new HL-hammer! HL stands for handle-less, it fits in my pocket now. It's also only 1 inch long and has a nice yellow colour."

Please forgive me for ranting. I'm in total panic.
01-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #177
Veteran Member

Hmm, this doesn't make me want a NEX or NX any less, but if the AF is as accurate and fast as the Nikon J1 with focus tracking and two dials, then I'm sold.
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Focus peaking would be a real nice extra to bring in all the legacy lens users.
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Basset Quote
Focus peaking would be a real nice extra to bring in all the legacy lens users.
It doesn't work well enough IMO. I would prefer easier method of selecting the magnification area.
01-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The more I read this thread, the more sure I am I'll have to sell/gift my NEX and get it.