Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #1246
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I had thought of that, but i think the ida that this was really meant to appear as the King when the Q(ueen) came out and was hed back buy hoya due to the pending sale. Ricoh probably tweaked it (and maybe changed the original sensor plan)
if its the king... and it comes with a 40mm as a standard lens then surely its a FF

I'm pretty sire those drawings were on this forum somewhere else already

01-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #1247
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm fixated on the cube camera with the tilt LCD that can be positioned on top like a waist level viewfinder or flipped to the back like a modern camera. A waist level viewfinder, when you think about it, can work in this day and age, since only the old folk are looking through viewfinders anymore, and having your arms at your side is inherently more stable than holding a camera ahead at arm's length.

In any case, I hope Pentax comes out with something interesting. DSLRS are boring
01-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #1248
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
because they would get in the way if the lens recessed anymore than say half a centimetre- otherwise the final element of the lens would be limited to a relatively small diamiter
Which lens has this rear element that is almost the diameter of the ID of the k mount?
01-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #1249
Veteran Member

007 is a trade mark. would be something q could likely design though.
I was under the impression that a number could not be trademarked. The "586" intel processor was 'renamed' to pentium because of this.

01-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1250
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Which lens has this rear element that is almost the diameter of the ID of the k mount?
something very fast
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #1251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I was under the impression that a number could not be trademarked. The "586" intel processor was 'renamed' to pentium because of this.
I believe the term James Bond 007 is trademarked and has numerous copyrights attached to it, but 007 alone would not, unless you associate it with an international spy.
01-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #1252
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I'm fixated on the cube camera with the tilt LCD that can be positioned on top like a waist level viewfinder or flipped to the back like a modern camera. A waist level viewfinder, when you think about it, can work in this day and age, since only the old folk are looking through viewfinders anymore, and having your arms at your side is inherently more stable than holding a camera ahead at arm's length.

In any case, I hope Pentax comes out with something interesting. DSLRS are boring
i agree. still want an OVF anyway though...

01-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #1253
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
Looks like the invitation for the unveiling is Feb 2 in London at 11am

Pentax K-01 to be announced on February 2nd, 2012 | Photo Rumors
That invite has a HUGE emphasis on the designer which is an interesting ploy, it looks like Pentax is using that to create additional buzz to really get the camera noticed. Good for the Buzz standpoint, got me intrigued!
01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #1254
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From the other thread it is said there is NO OVF, NO EVF and NO LCD (none at all).

So what's left? AMOLED? Isn't that a SONY TX200V screen? Samsung is making 5" AMOLED Touch screens, so there might not even be control buttons on the back. I believe these are used in the iPhone 4s.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-30-2012 at 06:54 PM.
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #1255
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
From the other thread it is said there is NO OVF, NO EVF and NO LCD (none at all).

So what's left? AMOLED? Isn't that a SONY Sony TX200V screen?
that was a joke I'm pretty sure. The original rumour this thread is based on said it would have the same LCD as the K-5. I doubt it has a top LCD- especially if it has a rotating LCD that goes up onto the top as a waist level viewfinder like some people have suggested.
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #1256
Pentaxian

So what's left? AMOLED? Isn't that a SONY TX200V screen?
Your own eyes. My reliable source told me that the K-01 is somehow connected to your brain and controls your eyes as a viewfinder, the new technology is called eYeFinder
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #1257
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

that was a joke I'm pretty sure. The original rumour this thread is based on said it would have the same LCD as the K-5. I doubt it has a top LCD- especially if it has a rotating LCD that goes up onto the top as a waist level viewfinder like some people have suggested.
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Your own eyes. My reliable source told me that the K-01 is somehow connected to your brain and controls your eyes as a viewfinder, the new technology is called eYeFinder
Well then.
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #1258
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
I heard it just writes the images straight to the memory card and you won't be able to review them until you get home and process them. Sounds very "retro" to me
01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #1259
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Falk had me fooled too. He's usually so serious that I didn't notice his dry sense of humor.

I think the K-5 LCD on the back is still the going rumor, although I wouldn't be surprised if the EVF is a hotshoe addon (which wouldn't be too bad if they upgraded it over time with backward compatibility).
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #1260
Pentaxian

well then.

Only couple more days and all will be revealed, that's also coming from my very reliable source