Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #16
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Is that a new hint?

No..Just hard of Hear...ing


12-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #17
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
I have information from insiders that we will see K1D some day. FF. But, need to wait. ))
K20D will be the main machine for the 1.5 years. Very interesting machine. Don't worry about noise and resolution of lenses. All will be O.K.
12-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I have information from insiders that we will see K1D some day. FF. But, need to wait. ))
K20D will be the main machine for the 1.5 years. Very interesting machine. Don't worry about noise and resolution of lenses. All will be O.K.
I hope so..
12-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I have information from insiders that we will see K1D some day. FF. But, need to wait. ))
K20D will be the main machine for the 1.5 years. Very interesting machine. Don't worry about noise and resolution of lenses. All will be O.K.
Yes..It will be OK, 'cause everyone will have learned how to interpret the limitations of sensors and will get well exposed images, without blown out highlights etc etc etc....

Ben

12-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #20
Veteran Member
PePe's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 452
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Is that a new hint?

It´s all obvious, isn´t it ?
12-30-2007, 08:55 AM   #21
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 126
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I have information from insiders that we will see K1D some day. FF. But, need to wait. ))
K20D will be the main machine for the 1.5 years. Very interesting machine. Don't worry about noise and resolution of lenses. All will be O.K.
The wait may not be that long. Sony is coming out with a flagship model that will almost certainly be full frame. Depends on whether Sony wants to share its full frame sensor or not, Pentax can conceivably have a full frame model ready for display by Photokina 08. One way Sony can refuse to share is to price its full frame sensor at an astronomical price, so that Pentax cannot competitively price its full frame model. If that is the case, then Pentax may need to look elsewhere for a sensor. But if Sony plays it nice (or fair or even altruistic), then anything can happen.
12-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
Veteran Member
jeffkrol's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wisconsin USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,434
So nobody has to hip-hop to THE BLOG...


デジタル一眼どれ選ぶ? 売れ行きからみたこの冬の人気モデルトップ10 | BCNランã‚*ング
AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation
Basically a no big deal....... Pentax wanted (at one time) 10% of world market. assuming that this is what they could sustain considering the old production restraints. OF course NEW models will spike the graph up and down in a cyclical manner.
The BIG 2 are holding a pretty consistent 80% share...leaving 20% for the bottom 4 (I assume OLY,Sony,Pentax, Panasonic), somebody please translate the "colors"). Wouldn't make any sweeping assumptions for this year. Hoya's takeover of Pentax probably had a tad to do w/ dropping sales. Easily recovered.....
12-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #23
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
The wait may not be that long. Sony is coming out with a flagship model that will almost certainly be full frame. Depends on whether Sony wants to share its full frame sensor or not, Pentax can conceivably have a full frame model ready for display by Photokina 08. One way Sony can refuse to share is to price its full frame sensor at an astronomical price, so that Pentax cannot competitively price its full frame model. If that is the case, then Pentax may need to look elsewhere for a sensor. But if Sony plays it nice (or fair or even altruistic), then anything can happen.
I think that you should forget about Sony sensors for Pentax high-end cameras.
Samsung will make FF sensor in 2 year.

12-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I think that you should forget about Sony sensors for Pentax high-end cameras.
Samsung will make FF sensor in 2 year.
Man, I wouldn't want to have you protecting my interest or any group for that matter. Man, you seem pretty certain of all of your assertions...Maybe you can tell me something I don't know already?

Ben
12-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Samsung will make FF sensor in 2 year.
I still don't understand this obsessiveness with FF sensor. This won't happen. FF will continue as a niche market product. Don't hold your breath for a Pentax FF camera - if you really want FF, go with Nikon or Canon.
12-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
Veteran Member
Duck Dodgers's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in the 24½th Century!
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 439
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Samsung will make FF sensor in 2 year.
The largest sensor Samsung makes today is 5MP. Do you really think they'll produce a commercially viable FF sensor in that short of time?
12-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #27
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote

デジタル一眼どれ選ぶ? 売れ行きからみたこの冬の人気モデルトップ10 | BCNランã‚*ング
AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation
Basically a no big deal....... Pentax wanted (at one time) 10% of world market. assuming that this is what they could sustain considering the old production restraints. OF course NEW models will spike the graph up and down in a cyclical manner.
The BIG 2 are holding a pretty consistent 80% share...leaving 20% for the bottom 4 (I assume OLY,Sony,Pentax, Panasonic), somebody please translate the "colors"). Wouldn't make any sweeping assumptions for this year. Hoya's takeover of Pentax probably had a tad to do w/ dropping sales. Easily recovered.....
Color legend:
The blue line - Nikon
The fuchsia line - Canon
The yellow line - Pentax (as written)
The violet line - Sony
The aquamarine line - Olympus
The red line - I can't read the Kanji, but I'm guessing an amalgamation of all other manufacturers (Sigma, Fuji, Panasonic, Leica, Samsung)

What's interesting to me in this graph is that the success of the K10D and K100D buoyed Pentax's market share and kept it at 10% for the whole of 2006.

I'm expecting Olympus to end up third at the end of this year, then Sony in fourth, with Pentax not too far behind at fifth. Considering that up until November, Pentax still has 5% share even with only the K100D Super and three lenses released this year, that's a good indication of the staying power of the K100D/K10D in motherland Japan.

If Pentax can replicate the success of the K10D/K100D with the K20D/K200D, they look to be locked in third for 2008 and possibly beyond. Releasing some of the awaited DA lenses would only help some more.

Random thoughts:
- while the Olympus share climbed with the E-x10's, it flagged quickly
- the A700 looks to be a solid seller, even with Sony's limited lens offerings
- Panasonic's vision of getting 20% share looks to be a big uphill climb
- I'm quite surprised that it's Nikon who's leading in Japan, as I would've expected it to be Canon
12-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #28
Veteran Member
Stratman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri U S A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,464
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
You miss the point totally. We are all talking about brand share but not about the share of a particular model.

Of course pro bodies and up-market bodies in a lineup will sell less than those entry level or mainstream ones in number. But still, the whole system do sell for the Canon case.

Afterall, I guess you won't tell me the low sales number of K10D is owing to that it is a pro grade body, will you? Face it, it was targeted to be mainstream but it have never sold many, especially by now. The published figures say it all.

They made another sale a few weeks ago, to ME !! hehe
12-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #29
Veteran Member
jeffkrol's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wisconsin USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,434
OK, Thanks

12-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #30
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 390
Anyone ever hear of Apple Computers?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, figures, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, sales
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-5 enters Japanese sales rankings gazonk Pentax News and Rumors 65 11-10-2010 01:29 PM
K-7 in Japanese Top Ten of sales RaduA Pentax News and Rumors 18 07-08-2009 10:00 AM
I've created a monster!! My 14 year old daughter now wants a DSLR!! vmax84 Pentax DSLR Discussion 27 12-07-2008 09:17 PM
Asahiflex I sales figures? Asahiflex Pentax Film SLR Discussion 19 08-08-2008 02:36 PM
Sales figures for the K series? regken Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 02-02-2007 03:57 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top