Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Is that a new hint?

No..Just hard of Hear...ing

12-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #17
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have information from insiders that we will see K1D some day. FF. But, need to wait. ))
K20D will be the main machine for the 1.5 years. Very interesting machine. Don't worry about noise and resolution of lenses. All will be O.K.
12-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I have information from insiders that we will see K1D some day. FF. But, need to wait. ))
K20D will be the main machine for the 1.5 years. Very interesting machine. Don't worry about noise and resolution of lenses. All will be O.K.
I hope so..
12-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Yes..It will be OK, 'cause everyone will have learned how to interpret the limitations of sensors and will get well exposed images, without blown out highlights etc etc etc....

Ben

12-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Is that a new hint?

It´s all obvious, isn´t it ?
12-30-2007, 08:55 AM   #21

The wait may not be that long. Sony is coming out with a flagship model that will almost certainly be full frame. Depends on whether Sony wants to share its full frame sensor or not, Pentax can conceivably have a full frame model ready for display by Photokina 08. One way Sony can refuse to share is to price its full frame sensor at an astronomical price, so that Pentax cannot competitively price its full frame model. If that is the case, then Pentax may need to look elsewhere for a sensor. But if Sony plays it nice (or fair or even altruistic), then anything can happen.
12-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
Veteran Member

So nobody has to hip-hop to THE BLOG...

デジタル一眼ã©ã‚Œé¸ã¶ï¼Ÿã€€å£²ã‚Œè¡Œãã‹ã‚‰ã¿ãŸã“ã®å†¬ã®äººæ°—モデルトップ10 | BCNランã‚*ング
AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation
Basically a no big deal....... Pentax wanted (at one time) 10% of world market. assuming that this is what they could sustain considering the old production restraints. OF course NEW models will spike the graph up and down in a cyclical manner.
The BIG 2 are holding a pretty consistent 80% share...leaving 20% for the bottom 4 (I assume OLY,Sony,Pentax, Panasonic), somebody please translate the "colors"). Wouldn't make any sweeping assumptions for this year. Hoya's takeover of Pentax probably had a tad to do w/ dropping sales. Easily recovered.....

12-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #23
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
The wait may not be that long. Sony is coming out with a flagship model that will almost certainly be full frame. Depends on whether Sony wants to share its full frame sensor or not, Pentax can conceivably have a full frame model ready for display by Photokina 08. One way Sony can refuse to share is to price its full frame sensor at an astronomical price, so that Pentax cannot competitively price its full frame model. If that is the case, then Pentax may need to look elsewhere for a sensor. But if Sony plays it nice (or fair or even altruistic), then anything can happen.
I think that you should forget about Sony sensors for Pentax high-end cameras.
Samsung will make FF sensor in 2 year.
12-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I think that you should forget about Sony sensors for Pentax high-end cameras.
Man, I wouldn't want to have you protecting my interest or any group for that matter. Man, you seem pretty certain of all of your assertions...Maybe you can tell me something I don't know already?

Ben
12-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I still don't understand this obsessiveness with FF sensor. This won't happen. FF will continue as a niche market product. Don't hold your breath for a Pentax FF camera - if you really want FF, go with Nikon or Canon.
12-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
Veteran Member

The largest sensor Samsung makes today is 5MP. Do you really think they'll produce a commercially viable FF sensor in that short of time?
12-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote

デジタル一眼ã©ã‚Œé¸ã¶ï¼Ÿã€€å£²ã‚Œè¡Œãã‹ã‚‰ã¿ãŸã“ã®å†¬ã®äººæ°—モデルトップ10 | BCNランã‚*ング
AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation
Basically a no big deal....... Pentax wanted (at one time) 10% of world market. assuming that this is what they could sustain considering the old production restraints. OF course NEW models will spike the graph up and down in a cyclical manner.
The BIG 2 are holding a pretty consistent 80% share...leaving 20% for the bottom 4 (I assume OLY,Sony,Pentax, Panasonic), somebody please translate the "colors"). Wouldn't make any sweeping assumptions for this year. Hoya's takeover of Pentax probably had a tad to do w/ dropping sales. Easily recovered.....
Color legend:
The blue line - Nikon
The fuchsia line - Canon
The yellow line - Pentax (as written)
The violet line - Sony
The aquamarine line - Olympus
The red line - I can't read the Kanji, but I'm guessing an amalgamation of all other manufacturers (Sigma, Fuji, Panasonic, Leica, Samsung)

What's interesting to me in this graph is that the success of the K10D and K100D buoyed Pentax's market share and kept it at 10% for the whole of 2006.

I'm expecting Olympus to end up third at the end of this year, then Sony in fourth, with Pentax not too far behind at fifth. Considering that up until November, Pentax still has 5% share even with only the K100D Super and three lenses released this year, that's a good indication of the staying power of the K100D/K10D in motherland Japan.

If Pentax can replicate the success of the K10D/K100D with the K20D/K200D, they look to be locked in third for 2008 and possibly beyond. Releasing some of the awaited DA lenses would only help some more.

Random thoughts:
- while the Olympus share climbed with the E-x10's, it flagged quickly
- the A700 looks to be a solid seller, even with Sony's limited lens offerings
- Panasonic's vision of getting 20% share looks to be a big uphill climb
- I'm quite surprised that it's Nikon who's leading in Japan, as I would've expected it to be Canon
12-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
You miss the point totally. We are all talking about brand share but not about the share of a particular model.

Of course pro bodies and up-market bodies in a lineup will sell less than those entry level or mainstream ones in number. But still, the whole system do sell for the Canon case.

Afterall, I guess you won't tell me the low sales number of K10D is owing to that it is a pro grade body, will you? Face it, it was targeted to be mainstream but it have never sold many, especially by now. The published figures say it all.

They made another sale a few weeks ago, to ME !! hehe
12-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #29
Veteran Member

OK, Thanks

12-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Anyone ever hear of Apple Computers?