Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Yes. The only thing you've missed is simply that you can always ignore me if you wish. WHY bother to read (and even respond)? You should have skipped all these non-sense of mine from the very beginning!
So what you are saying the intent of this thread from the start was made to generate non-sense. Maybe you should skip reading my post's then responding. You reveal to much otherwise.

01-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Japanese DSLR Sales Figures for One Year

Well, Pentax should really market the K200D and K20D soonest and to strive to improve in the shortest possible time!
Why can't you ever post a direct link to the source of the news/figures/whatever? Why must you blatantly promote your blog?

Blogs are not newsworthy to me and many others-its opinions and commentary. Sales figures, whatever the source, are generally factual, and since you did not gather them yourself, you should link directly to that source, not to your blog and then provide the true source of the figures.

Linking to blogs is one thing, but don't pass off someone else's work/data as a reason to go to your blog, where all you do is add a layer of opinion to things...just a major pet peeve of mine.
01-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
...all you do is add a layer of opinion to things...
Remember, opinions are like @ssholes; everyone's got one (and most of 'em stink!).
01-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
Why can't you ever post a direct link to the source of the news/figures/whatever? Why must you blatantly promote your blog?

Blogs are not newsworthy to me and many others-its opinions and commentary. Sales figures, whatever the source, are generally factual, and since you did not gather them yourself, you should link directly to that source, not to your blog and then provide the true source of the figures.

Linking to blogs is one thing, but don't pass off someone else's work/data as a reason to go to your blog, where all you do is add a layer of opinion to things...just a major pet peeve of mine.
I guess it is kind of like... my blatantly promoting PENTAX?

01-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #50
Veteran Member

ben I wouldnt compare u and rh because u don't spout off like he does. When you chime in we know where your allegiance lies - with the images you capture. You have said negative things about penax when applicable. Or at least offered good criticism. And you don't always back up your posts with a plug for your blog. I don't count what's in a sig...

Speaking of images I am doubtin rh owns any camera, as he has no images on display anywhere.
01-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Similarities to RH:
1)Both banned from DP review...
2)Both SEEM to have an agenda...
differences to RH:
1) Doesn't rely on hearsay and trivial internet "testors"
2) Actually makes a living w/ his "inferior" equipment and could probably do so w/ a Brownie.
Unlike RH (and myself) which couldn't even do it w/ the Elephant Phallis hide Nikon possessed by his idol Mr. Rockwell though it would be a fitting "measurbating" camera in my mind.. (just had to get that in).
1) Has an "inside track"
2) Doesn't ignore the negative nor elavate it to a higher meaning than it really is.
3) Actually thinks Pentax is a company that is "striving" for a better product.
4) Stopped sucking off the teat of Canon, who have lost their innovation and have basically cowed the public into their product line.
5) Realizes most products have it's pluses and minuses and the base technology itself posesses it's own internal weakness's and it is
up to the individual to work w/ them and/or decide which brand is the ""best fit".
01-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #52

A little update...

1001 Noisy Cameras: Top 3 in DSLRs and compacts in Japan (BCN, November 2007)

01-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #53
Veteran Member

This is: Pentax News and rumors

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Similarities to RH:
1)Both banned from DP review...
2)Both SEEM to have an agenda...
differences to RH:
1) Doesn't rely on hearsay and trivial internet "testors"
2) Actually makes a living w/ his "inferior" equipment and could probably do so w/ a Brownie.
Unlike RH (and myself) which couldn't even do it w/ the Elephant Phallis hide Nikon possessed by his idol Mr. Rockwell though it would be a fitting "measurbating" camera in my mind.. (just had to get that in).
1) Has an "inside track"
2) Doesn't ignore the negative nor elavate it to a higher meaning than it really is.
3) Actually thinks Pentax is a company that is "striving" for a better product.
4) Stopped sucking off the teat of Canon, who have lost their innovation and have basically cowed the public into their product line.
5) Realizes most products have it's pluses and minuses and the base technology itself posesses it's own internal weakness's and it is
up to the individual to work w/ them and/or decide which brand is the ""best fit".
Could you guys start this kind of discussion elsewhere and return to the subject of the thread please?

- Bert
01-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #54
Inactive Account

If you want to get back on track then I hope everyone goes to the link that B05Ljko has put up.

Here it is again - 1001 Noisy Cameras: Top 3 in DSLRs and compacts in Japan (BCN, November 2007)

The crux of the story - Pentax with the K10D and K100D - has risen from the pack.

If RH has any credibility at all he will be putting this on his blog.

As to Benjikan comparing himself to RH - well many of us do promote Pentax via word of mouth and on various forums - it is the most powerful form of marketing Pentax has.

If Benjikan was to go on canon forums spouting off about inferior their equipment is and then came on here showing us photos that he claims are only capable due to his Pentax equipment - then spent the rest of the day trawling for anti canon news - then yes Benjikan would be like RH.

But sorry Benjikan, you are nothing like RH - you are an actual photographer for one, oh and yes you have actually posted photos as well - definitely non RH behaviour.
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
If RH has any credibility at all he will be putting this on his blog.
He wont.... check the titles of his articles... only bashing and nothing else...
01-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #56
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Pretty much!... Both of you are institution in this forum, both of you promote themselves as much as you can but only one of you have good reasons to do it.... I wonder who produce more replies with their threads, maybe somebody (not me, I am too lazy) could do a ranking, that would help us to scape from the CSI analysis of new models leaks.
01-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #57

NEW ! Japan DSLR market 2007 - Pentax > OKAY

Nikon to top digital SLR sales for 2007
01/04/2008

THE ASAHI SHIMBUN

Nikon Corp. is certain to capture the title of leader in the rapidly growing domestic market for digital single-lens reflex cameras when final figures are tabulated for 2007, according to market researcher BCN Inc.

It will be the first time for the camera maker to rank No. 1 in the digital SLR camera market since 2005, when manufacturers started offering a variety of models.

BCN said Nikon seized the top post with a 43.3-percent share in the digital SLR camera market from January through November.

Its archrival Canon Inc. came in second at 39.9 percent, followed by Pentax Corp. at 6.3 percent.
BCN officials said they expect Nikon to stay on top for the entire year even after the December figures are added for the final tally.

Nikon has lured new customers, mainly women, by launching a series of affordable, entry-level models since December 2006.

They typically sell for between 60,000 yen and 80,000 yen, lower than rival products.

Canon has targeted and consequently won over baby boomers by enlisting actor Ken Watanabe in an ad campaign for its mid-range model released in August.

The company believes that baby boomers, even if they are using digital SLR cameras for the first time, are expecting functions beyond those of entry-level models.

Still, the latest figures from BCN show that Canon was not able to overtake Nikon.

Demand for digital SLR models has been growing among photo enthusiasts who are not satisfied with digital compact models.

In recent years, Japan's digital SLR camera market has been expanding by 30-50 percent annually, according to the Camera & Imaging Products Association.

In the first 10 months of 2007, manufacturers shipped about 850,000 units, more than double the 370,000 units that were shipped in all of 2004.(IHT/Asahi: January 4,2008)

asahi.com : Nikon to top digital SLR sales for 2007 - ENGLISH
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The report refers to the BCN figures which are exactly the chart I quoted. The average out figure maybe still good for Pentax. But as I said, it follows a constant down trend. And now in November, Pentax DSLR sold only about half of the a little bit more than 5% share of Sony and Olympus (about 3% roughly, as seen from the chart).

Pentax had once did well with the launch of the K100D and K10D in last year and early this year, but the momentum and pulse had never lasted. In fact, I had reported this also:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax Comes in the 3rd Place in Japanese Home Market Sales

Now the situation is very clear and simple: If K200D and K20D don't arrive very soon, Pentax will simply get virtually no sales during these few months. As I had also said the "update" of the K100D is totally useless, marketing and sales wise.

QuoteOriginally posted by vibi Quote
Nikon to top digital SLR sales for 2007
01/04/2008

THE ASAHI SHIMBUN

Nikon Corp. is certain to capture the title of leader in the rapidly growing domestic market for digital single-lens reflex cameras when final figures are tabulated for 2007, according to market researcher BCN Inc.

It will be the first time for the camera maker to rank No. 1 in the digital SLR camera market since 2005, when manufacturers started offering a variety of models.

BCN said Nikon seized the top post with a 43.3-percent share in the digital SLR camera market from January through November.

Its archrival Canon Inc. came in second at 39.9 percent, followed by Pentax Corp. at 6.3 percent.
BCN officials said they expect Nikon to stay on top for the entire year even after the December figures are added for the final tally.

Nikon has lured new customers, mainly women, by launching a series of affordable, entry-level models since December 2006.

They typically sell for between 60,000 yen and 80,000 yen, lower than rival products.

Canon has targeted and consequently won over baby boomers by enlisting actor Ken Watanabe in an ad campaign for its mid-range model released in August.

The company believes that baby boomers, even if they are using digital SLR cameras for the first time, are expecting functions beyond those of entry-level models.

Still, the latest figures from BCN show that Canon was not able to overtake Nikon.

Demand for digital SLR models has been growing among photo enthusiasts who are not satisfied with digital compact models.

In recent years, Japan's digital SLR camera market has been expanding by 30-50 percent annually, according to the Camera & Imaging Products Association.

In the first 10 months of 2007, manufacturers shipped about 850,000 units, more than double the 370,000 units that were shipped in all of 2004.(IHT/Asahi: January 4,2008)

asahi.com : Nikon to top digital SLR sales for 2007 - ENGLISH
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Roughly 4%.........
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #60
Veteran Member

I know I shouldn't be doing this...

But he invited me himself. First the blog, then the dpreview profile, then the posts, then... boom.

From his blog:
"However, do note that I shall concentrate mostly on user reported concerns, potential problems etc. which are mainly found around the net. It is because there are actually so many and too many "positive" tones all over the net (by the brand fans) and advertisement (manufacturers' marketing) and it is surely more healthy to make a balance, although I know that my effort to make a balance might be in vain, as I'm just so "little" in the huge net community."

You get the point.

For those asking for pictures: Index of /ricehigh/Gallery - of course they are all just for measuring purposes. By the way, RiceHigh, do you know what the word m*sturbation means? It doesn't sound fun after you're twelve.

Now back to topic.. wait.. what topic? :ugh: