Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
What's the deciding factor that makes a lot of people go for Pentax? That's all I'm saying until Thursday. And for the record, the news post is being written as I speak
At the time, for me, it was a lot of camera for the money. Nothing on the market presented the value of the K10D at the time -- and its backwards compatibility, all the way to m42, was also a selling point -- but you kinda forget that when LBA kicks in.

01-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
A K-mount, weather-sealed, viewfinder-less MILC. Bummer.
And SR I suppose.
01-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
I dunno, there's at least 3 "things" going on up top. A knob, something in the center, the flash bump, and then another protrusion on the right
Looking at it again, the knob contains the trigger and the something is the mode dial. However, did you notice the tiny black "shadow" behind the mode dial? Seems to be something on the rear side (if anything) ...

Moreover, there seems to be a protrusion in the lens opening which could be from an automatic lens cap.
01-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You will see on the 2nd why I said that

If you ask me, the K-01 is fair competition with the Fuji X-pro.
I cannot see how it can possibly be a fair competition with the fuji X-pro. Fuji X-pro has the EVF and yummy retro looks. So, the K-01 has to at least have the EVF to be anywhere near Fuji X-pro. If the rumours were indeed accurate and the K-01is priced at the K-r kit price, then it has the price advantage and being compatibkle with all K-mount lenses have a huge advantage, but even these two just cannot make up for the lack of an EVF.

Now, if the K-01 has an EVF, priced at K-r, compatible with all K-mount lenses and has good looks (retro or modern) it will be a home run. If it has the retro looks, then it just nialed the last nail on Fuji's coffin.

P.S: forgot the SR, still SR, low cost, backwards compatibility, can these really make up for no VF and a bulky body?

01-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #80
Veteran Member

What's the deciding factor that makes a lot of people go for Pentax? That's all I'm saying until Thursday. And for the record, the news post is being written as I speak
Good bang for your buck. In other words, you get a lot of camera for your money.

Anyone else hopeful about the price of this thing?
01-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
I cannot see how it can possibly be a fair competition with the fuji X-pro. Fuji X-pro has the EVF and yummy retro looks. So, the K-01 has to at least have the EVF to be anywhere near Fuji X-pro. If the rumours were indeed accurate and the K-01is priced at the K-r kit price, then it has the price advantage and being compatibkle with all K-mount lenses have a huge advantage, but even these two just cannot make up for the lack of an EVF.

Now, if the K-01 has an EVF, priced at K-r, compatible with all K-mount lenses and has good looks (retro or modern) it will be a home run. If it has the retro looks, then it just nialed the last nail on Fuji's coffin.
A viewfinder is what makes the new Fuji so nice. I just don't see how a viewfinderless camera can compete with the Fuji.
01-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #82
Veteran Member

P.S: forgot the SR, still SR, low cost, backwards compatibility, can these really make up for no VF and a bulky body?
I think these things could make up for a bulky body, but not for the lack of a VF. At least for me anyway

01-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #83
Veteran Member

For everyone talking about the X Pro 1: it costs $1700!!

If this new Pentax is coming in around the K-r's kit price, it'll be nearly $1000 cheaper!
01-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Looking at it again, the knob contains the trigger and the something is the mode dial. However, did you notice the tiny black "shadow" behind the mode dial? Seems to be something on the rear side (if anything) ...

Moreover, there seems to be a protrusion in the lens opening which could be from an automatic lens cap.
Dang! I wish I know what you guys are talking about...I missed it.
01-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #85
m8o
Veteran Member

...won't it be something if there's a 1.7X AF -like adapter -- but with little to no magnification X -- that turns everyone's old manual focus lenses to AF. ...And then there's the in-body SR.
01-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #86
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Dang! I wish I know what you guys are talking about...I missed it.
You don't miss much. Though few of us get a copy of the gif, it is just too small to tell anything substantial. We don't see any viewfinder. The two knobs on the right side of the camera is intriguing. The little protruded mount is still quite flushed with the pancake lens assuming it is the 40. The dual color toning really looks like the optio as in this picture on the Optio Z10

Cheers,
01-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
For everyone talking about the X Pro 1: it costs $1700!!

If this new Pentax is coming in around the K-r's kit price, it'll be nearly $1000 cheaper!
True (Even the fixed lens, albeit much smaller X100 costs $1200), so if the pricing around $900 (the release price for the K-r kit) is true then I don't think it can possibly have the EVF. So, I guess Adam is saying the SR, backwards compatibility, lower cost kind of makes up for the lack of VF and increased depth. I for one wish they priced it a little less than $1k and included the VF.

Either way, eventually the later generations will have it all and would be amazing for Pentax.
01-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
You don't miss much. Though few of us get a copy of the gif, it is just too small to tell anything substantial. We don't see any viewfinder. The two knobs on the right side of the camera is intriguing. The little protruded mount is still quite flushed with the pancake lens assuming it is the 40. The dual color toning really looks like the optio as in this picture on the Optio Z10

Cheers,
Thanks!
01-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #89
Veteran Member

Well! I don't know what this exactly is, but I know what it is not...it's not for the EVF, so that can't be it and I guess we have to give up on a VF.

So, guessing an answer to this question, it can only be SR, WR, backwards compatibility or price (at one time). So, I guess these will have to be it....
01-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #90
Veteran Member

You will see on the 2nd why I said that

If you ask me, the K-01 is fair competition with the Fuji X-pro.
I'm with Falk on this one, I will of course await the official release before judging, but the X1-Pro has new mount a hybrid viewfinder and 3 fast lenses announced to match, the Pentax seems to offer none of these things.

The only way this could be a marvel, is if it were to be a 645d mirrorless for half the price/size and still with a OVF. It's looking a lot like an APS-C Q, and I'm not sure anyone has asked for such a camera.