Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Count me excited, I guess!

I'm actually kinda excited to see what it is. I've held off getting a K-5, even though I'm impressed by it's sensor, because 1) it's still $1000, 2) I'm still happy enough with my K20D, and 3) I also have a D700. If this is a way to get the K-5 sensor in a more affordable package, while retaining AF for K-mount lenses (which the NEX 5-n doesn't do,) it might be somewhat compelling. I suspect that an optional VF will be available at some point if not right away...

At any rate, Pentax is moving forward, retaining K-mount, and perhaps just threw a fun little entry into the mirrorless fray. Actually I'd take this over Nikon's first entry - the V1 - any day.

01-31-2012, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So..... Is it this?

Not K, but everything else fits the bill... sort of?
01-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RXrenesis8 Quote
So..... Is it this?

Interesting.
01-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #109
Veteran Member

So..... Is it this?
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That is a mirrorless pentax - not K but an available adapter fits the bill...

01-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #110

No, that is the old M4/3 'Pentax LX' rumor mockup from 2010.
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #111
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
For the interested reader, this page contains a countdown AND the link to the official specs page!
Pentax K-01 Unveiling Countdown - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
For the interested reader, this page contains a countdown AND the link to the official specs page!
Pentax K-01 Unveiling Countdown - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
Pretty neat Adam, I have to admit. Getting slick in your old age

01-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #113

So..... Is it this?

Not really what I had in mind and not sure it is what the camera will look like, but it does not look so bad at all. Let us hope that Mr. Newson come up with something not so eccentric as his other design.
01-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #114
Veteran Member

I'm just glad that one of us ....<cough ADAM cough> is enjoying using their beta K-01.
01-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #115
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
All I am going to say is that this is the kind of marketing Pentax themselves should be doing. Think about it- if they would take pre-orders once the coundown timer ran out, how many do you think there would be?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #116
Veteran Member

All I am going to say is that this is the kind of marketing Pentax themselves should be doing. Think about it- if they would take pre-orders once the coundown timer ran out, how many do you think there would be?
Depends, does it get your approval? I trust your judgement afterall.
01-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Not many cause a smart consumer would wait for reviews and sample images in the field
01-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
What does "viewfinderless' mean? No eye-level finder? Even a live-view screen is viewfinder.
I hope this new "viewfinder" comes with a big black cloth so you can actually use it to view your subject when the sun happens to be shining. Maybe the camera will have pop-up shades like the old waist level viewfinders did.
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #119
Veteran Member

I just don't get the point of an APSC camera without an integral viewfinder. You'll never be able to get full potential out of that sensor when composing is so severely compromised. It makes no more sense than say, making an interchangeable lens camera with a miniscule sensor.

... Nevermind. Somebody thought that was a good idea, too. I obviously don't know anything.
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Not many cause a smart consumer would wait for reviews and sample images in the field
Not always

Sometimes they will throw their smarts out the window to get the device in their hands to decide for themselves. Witness all the very accomplished photographers who bought the X100 pre-review.

I'm very careful, I wait for reviews... except for one time. I bought the K20D in a fevered fit of mouse-clicking as soon as it became 'available' on B&H in early '08. I had told myself to wait for reviews, and I was perfectly willing to wait and very calm about doing so... and then something happened when I saw a 'hey, B&H shows it as available!!!' post in this forum.