Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Pentax hints at new DSLR camera" - AmPhoto article

Bonjour,

Just FYI, in case you have not already come across this article ... so, 2012 may not be the end of world ... nor the end of Pentax as well!

Pentax hints at new DSLR camera news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums

Allez, salut et bonne année 2012, J Frog

02-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

End of SLRs…
Canon has already started losing its sales. These ones (Entry level DSLR, Advanced APS-C DSLR and FF DSLR) should be the end of K-mount line.
02-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
End of SLRs…
Canon has already started losing its sales. These ones (Entry level DSLR, Advanced APS-C DSLR and FF DSLR) should be the end of K-mount line.
you mean k-mount line of SLRs... this upcoming MILC uses K mount- i don't see a reason future mirroless cameras cannot carry the K-mount forward
02-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Forum Member

Should be interesting to see what the next one will do.

02-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
End of SLRs…
No. They have just set new DSLR sales record. 7million I think....
02-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
End of SLRs…
Haven't we had enough of these threads?
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
you mean k-mount line of SLRs... this upcoming MILC uses K mount- i don't see a reason future mirroless cameras cannot carry the K-mount forward
Come now, it's not about carrying K-mount forward any more. It's going to be about carrying K mount backward. A backward protruding zoom lens would be a great counter move to the new compact zooms for the nikon one and micro 4/3. I picture something protruding maybe 3cm forward with a single big ring that becomes a focus ring when slid forward and a zoom ring when slid back. Maybe someone else can figure out the ergonomics of handling multiple rings in a small space.

02-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
End of SLRs…
Canons DSLR sales are up. Way up, in fact.

Their P&S sales are down.

Canon doesn't make smartphones.

And their profits are hurting from their printers being undercut (surprisingly the company doing the most damage to Canon's printer biz is.........Kodak!!)
02-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
No. They have just set new DSLR sales record. 7million I think....
Well probably because Nikon hardly sell anything at the moment.
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #10

Thank you! Please let this thread stand as reference point to the apparently statistics-less "DSLRs are doomed" camp, at least for the next 12 months.

"May we never hear of it again until then!!"

I'm curious what this all means for the Q line. How is it doing? Is Pentax-Ricoh planning on phasing it out?

I'm also unreasonably optimistic about the upcoming CP+ Camera and Photo show. I'm suspicious that Pentax-Ricoh may have some more news. With the statements lately around filling their line-up and market opportunities, the pocket cams, Q, K-r, K-01, and K-5 seem to lead into the FF direction (K-5 is awesome, but there's a decent gap between that and the 645D!). A compact slr with a bigger than APS-C sensor, (or at least a square sensor to take advantage of the full image circle) compatible with most if all digital era and FA lenses would be an amazing opportunity at this point.

Last edited by writeb; 02-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
02-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I will give this one a miss.... the morons are popping out already lol
02-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well probably because Nikon hardly sell anything at the moment.
I'll let Ashton Kutcher know he's needed!
02-05-2012, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

End of SLRs…
I suppose if you say the same thing over and over then one day you will eventually be correct. Like the stopped clock that tells the correct time twice a day.