Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #151
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
I hope it's (optically!) the best 50mm f/1.8 lens ever made. Mechanically, nothing comes close to Takumars

02-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #152
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,761
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Especially the weight of a f1.8 zoom! Of course that would be an lens design feat.
It would be smaller and lighter than the 35-100 F/2 that I use to own. It don't think it would be a huge design feat. It would be expensive though. Give a DA* 28-75mm F/2 for around $1,200 and I will buy it.
02-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #153
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I hope it's (optically!) the best 50mm f/1.8 lens ever made. Mechanically, nothing comes close to Takumars
If the 35 F2.4 is anything to go by, this is probably the FA 50 1.4 limited to F1.8 and in plastic build. It'd be cool if it was the 50 F1.7 variant, though.
02-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #154
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
If the 35 F2.4 is anything to go by, this is probably the FA 50 1.4 limited to F1.8 and in plastic build. It'd be cool if it was the 50 F1.7 variant, though.
I did not like the 50/1.7's bokeh; the 55mm f/1.8 Takumar was better in that regard (IMHO).

02-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #155
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,211
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
If the 35 F2.4 is anything to go by, this is probably the FA 50 1.4 limited to F1.8 and in plastic build. It'd be cool if it was the 50 F1.7 variant, though.
The F and FA 50/1.7 wasn't a variant. It had a different optical formula than the F and FA 50/1.4 as well as different from the A 50/2 which is the slowest most recent 50 by Pentax (not counting Macro lenses). Given the size and number of the elements etc., it doesn't make much sense to slow down an f1.4 lens.
02-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #156
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The F and FA 50/1.7 wasn't a variant. It had a different optical formula than the F and FA 50/1.4 as well as different from the A 50/2 which is the slowest most recent 50 by Pentax (not counting Macro lenses). Given the size and number of the elements etc., it doesn't make much sense to slow down an f1.4 lens.
Sorry, when I said variant, I meant I hope the DA 50mm F1.8 is a variant of the 50 F1.7, not a variant of the 50 F1.4. I like the 50 F1.7 better.
02-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #157
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,245
Only problem for me is lack of QS. I own the fa 50/1.4 but would by the plasticky 50 if it brought QS .
02-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #158
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,245
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I did not like the 50/1.7's bokeh; the 55mm f/1.8 Takumar was better in that regard (IMHO).
Isn't the 55 softer? Never tried mine on dslr...

02-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #159
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Isn't the 55 softer? Never tried mine on dslr...
To me the difference is negligible.
02-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #160
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,245
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
To me the difference is negligible.
Thx... will reach to it
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #161
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,961
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Only problem for me is lack of QS. I own the fa 50/1.4 but would by the plasticky 50 if it brought QS .
What is "QS" ?
02-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #162
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
What is "QS" ?
Quick Shift. A focus ring of a QS lens does not need to be de-clutched in order to use it for manual focusing.
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #163
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
Is the FA limiteds getting discontinued?

No major reseller in Sweden has the FA 43. It's only found in two stores online, lowest price is shockingly 1500$. The FA 31 is 2000$+, it used to be around 1500.
This question gets asked repeatedly over the years, as stocks go up and down. It's because the lenses are indeed produced in more "limited" quantities. The inflated prices we can blame on the Hoya policy of making Pentax more "exclusive" and maximising profit per unit.
02-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #164
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,264
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
This question gets asked repeatedly over the years, as stocks go up and down. It's because the lenses are indeed produced in more "limited" quantities. The inflated prices we can blame on the Hoya policy of making Pentax more "exclusive" and maximising profit per unit.
Exactly. the 43 limited may well have started out as a limited edition, popularity meant it became a limited production product. in reality given the volume and share drop hoya caused all Pentax lenses are currently "limited" but hopefully that is changing
02-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #165
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,961
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Quick Shift. A focus ring of a QS lens does not need to be de-clutched in order to use it for manual focusing.
thanks Asahiflex !
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
engineers, lenses, martin, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Re-Hiring Engineers let go by Hoya interested_observer Pentax News and Rumors 1 02-03-2012 04:54 PM
Pentax Phillipines is hiring gazonk Pentax News and Rumors 26 03-29-2009 03:15 PM
Lens hiring in Melbourne, Australia saladin Photographic Technique 0 06-10-2008 05:20 AM
IT Jobs - My employer is hiring user440 General Talk 3 04-11-2008 02:20 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top