Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think...

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
What? Nobody disputed that it has the same 3" and 640x480px LCD screen of the K-r and K-5. That isn't an EVF. An EVF is a viewfinder that outwardly (at least from the back) looks like the viewfinder on a DSLR, but instead of a prism/mirror projecting the image on a focusing screen, it has a small, second LCD display. This lets you put it to your eye, shielding your eye from surrounding light, so you can do basic things like focus the camera in sunlight.
I think that I misinterpreted someone's post. Might have even been from another forum. Sorry.

02-01-2012, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #152

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
It's the only thing worrying me about the Fuji cameras. I understand your point about the wider FOV, but I'm concerned about how the hybrid design gives you an average OVF combined with an average EVF. Do you have any experience with the X100 or X10 - how good is the EVF part on those models compared to something like a NEX5N or NEX7?
It does not give us focus peaking for manual focusing like NEX or GXR system. So most of the users work around with zooming with a jog wheel press and correct the focus with AF-AE lock button (for X100). Manual focusing with focus by wire lens is rather tedious as it took several rotations to get it right. The EVF resolution is pretty good, however.
02-01-2012, 10:02 PM - 1 Like   #153

QuoteOriginally posted by K1D27H Quote
It does not give us focus peaking for manual focusing like NEX or GXR system
Yea, focus peaking would be a great feature for the Fuji cameras. Really disappointed that the X-Pro 1 doesn't seem to have it.

I assume the K-01 will have great manual lens support, K mount wouldn't make sense without that.
02-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #154
Site Supporter

Well, I've waited a while to weigh in on this. While the new Pentax mirrorless isn't what I'd call beautiful or sexy, it is kind of cool in an old Volkswagen Beetle kind of way. I'll wait until I actually see and hold one to make my final judgement in the appearance department. But those who point out that the Q looks a lot better in reality than it does in photos are quite right.

I'll also wait for the official information about an EVF. But it doesn't make sense to me right now if there isn't one. Will I buy one? I guess it depends on how well it works. I certainly have nine Pentax lenses for it if it does. It also depends on price... especially since I already have a Panasonic G3 and Olympus E-PM1.

02-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #155
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
as for me - the main question "what is the specs and features of K-01"?
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM - 1 Like   #156
Site Supporter

The look kind of reminds me of the Program Plus...

02-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #157
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sunny16 Quote
The look kind of reminds me of the Program Plus...
yes...good find

Last edited by ogl; 02-01-2012 at 11:01 PM.
02-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #158

that's a great find! I think the Program Plus looks much better though. I wish they just copied one of their old cameras instead of trying to modernise something

02-01-2012, 10:49 PM - 4 Likes   #159

Long time lurker, Not many posts to my name, but I have to say, there are a lot of people saying how ugly the camera is, I wish people could see past the pancake lens, I will agree, those flat lenses have always given me the asthetic heeby-geebies, but I think the body is damn nice.

I did a quick photoshop (actually we have linux machines at work so I was forced to use GIMP) mock up of what the cam would look like with a A 50mm f1.4, I had to flip the image of the lens I used to match the perspective and angle, so the writing is reversed, but seriously, the camera looks awesome with a normal lens on it .... I think :P

02-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #160
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The silver version looks even better. I agree with you- the perfect companion for older lenses!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bennygoerlach Quote
Long time lurker, Not many posts to my name, but I have to say, there are a lot of people saying how ugly the camera is, I wish people could see past the pancake lens, I will agree, those flat lenses have always given me the asthetic heeby-geebies, but I think the body is damn nice.

I did a quick photoshop (actually we have linux machines at work so I was forced to use GIMP) mock up of what the cam would look like with a A 50mm f1.4, I had to flip the image of the lens I used to match the perspective and angle, so the writing is reversed, but seriously, the camera looks awesome with a normal lens on it .... I think :P
That looks seriously awesome!
02-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
That looks seriously awesome!
I know right!!

(If Pentax wants to talk to me about a marketing role they can PM me on here.. )
02-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #163

YesYesYes!
When i saw it I just felt i needed to change the lens.
And imagining what it will feel like in the hands , the buttons look to be in the right place.
I am disapointed by no dual dials, but looks like maybe the mode dial might become an e-dial with a button push?
Also confused by the no flash option on the mode dial (?)
02-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #164
Site Supporter

This was NICE move, thank's a lot
02-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #165
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How bout a FA31-

QuoteOriginally posted by darrenleow Quote
I photoshopped a FA31 onto the K-01, what do you think about its looks now?