Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #256
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
By all means; but don't be surprised when a too impractical idea won't be implemented.

gazonk, I doubt you can improve anything like this. There is a saying: "never fix a working system"; well, the widely used focus-by-moving-the-lens-elements works, and there's no need for a replacement nor for adding redundancy. We don't want to hear about decentered sensors (as we do for lenses), right?
The problem is that it doesn't work very well for non-optimized lenses. My thought was that the sensor could move much faster than an old lens. Decentered sensor? Hmm, don't give me ideas, maybe the focusing sensor could be used to make any lens a tilt lens!

02-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #257
TAP
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am not absolutely blown away by the product- but I am impressed by the price point.
I believe the K-01 would be a decent big brother to my K-x...

...a big brother that is maybe half-blind and physically handicapped.

Last edited by TAP; 02-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.
02-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #258

Would a hoodman loupe attached to the screen be a solution for the stability issue with long lenses and the glare issue? kinda like a wonky (and possibly laggy) viewfinder solution that also adds considerable awkward thickness to the camera....
02-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #259
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by attilaworx Quote
Would a hoodman loupe attached to the screen be a solution for the stability issue with long lenses and the glare issue? kinda like a wonky (and possibly laggy) viewfinder solution that also adds considerable awkward thickness to the camera....
it would help for glare and a little bit for handheld stability, but it's almost standard practice that a tripod or monopod is used when dealing with long and heavy lenses. the the K-01 is a mirrorless system and has a new processing engine concentrated for HQ video. so any lag that is experienced on previous Pentax dslrs shouldn't be encountered on the K-01. as far as awkwardness of using a loupe, you are using a long and heavy lens, so thickness shouldn't be an issue.

02-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #260
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Nah - we're finally free of children sucking up all the disposable income.

And it sure beats a new dishwasher as a birthday present.
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
I wish that was the case!

Im not free yet, still have about 13years to go!
LOL!
I'm sure you know this - but the next 13 years will be the best 13 years of your life. You need a K-01 to document them on video
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #261
Inactive Account

LX-D

Why dont pentax bring out a product that has retro styling but is cheap compared to fuiji/olympous because they could bundle it without a viewfinder (they should base it on the LX) then an aluminium top plate should clip in where the EVF module would be, and you could buy the EVF as an optional extra, exactly the same styling as the default LX module. This would potentially make a high-end mirrorless affordable as the EVF would be optional but by no means 'add on', but more 'slot in'. It would need 3 primes, same as the new fuiji, but optimized for CDAF. They could keep the K mount and same dimensions to the LX. this would be the EVF!! Name:  Pentax_FA2_Finder_3.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  71.7 KB
02-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #262
D0n
Banned

it has an hdmi out port.... all you need is a consumer version of soem of the pro level evf's on the market.... I suspect third party accessory makers like hoodman will fll that void as there are many d-slrs out there too that could use the thing..

02-05-2012, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #263
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by attilaworx Quote
I am using this on the K5 and recently tried it on the K-01.
Its clunky of course, but works wonderfully.
It brings back holding stability and provides a shaded and magnified view of the already 3" LCD.
MF is a charm. Hit rate is very high (above 90%) even w/o LCD zoom in.
Better on the K-01 too since there is no shutter lag on its implementation compared to the K5 LV one.