Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery
Not bad design but more important is what is under cover and how it will works :-)

02-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
Pentax has chosen to not be generic -- and that's going to open it to criticism
It would have been criticised by the CaNikonoy fans for being a clone if it had... In critical terms 'Pentax can't win'!
02-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I hope this puppy uses the same batteries at the K-7 and K-5 because that would make it an even better sidekick to the K-5.

Sharing the same battery will be a big plus for backing up the K-5/7. Only problem is that Pentax changed the 4-way button around which will really fool my fingers since they look for the flash being the bottom button and the shutter mode being the top button Then the white balance is the left button and the right button is the jepeg adjustments. Why did they change this around.
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #49
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Sharing the same battery will be a big plus for backing up the K-5/7. Only problem is that Pentax changed the 4-way button around which will really fool my fingers since they look for the flash being the bottom button and the shutter mode being the top button Then the white balance is the left button and the right button is the jepeg adjustments. Why did they change this around.
i presume that they will be the same way around as this on the K-5 replacement. still stupid though

Last edited by parsons; 02-01-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
If that is true, it is UGLY.
But at least it uses K-mount! Now that most of the mirrorless cards from most manufacturers are on the table, I do think I will be looking elsewhere to supplement my K-mount SLR.
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wjjstu Quote
But at least it uses K-mount! Now that most of the mirrorless cards from most manufacturers are on the table, I do think I will be looking elsewhere to supplement my K-mount SLR.
Why would you want it to supplement your K-mound DSLR?
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #52

It's the mount that is most important...

I think you meant to say that you would not be looking elsewhere for a MILC body since you can use your lenses with no loss of function on the Pentax version.

If that is the case then I agree whole heartedly with you on this. When each of the other manufacturers went MILC it required a new mount and new lenses for best operation. I sold off my Oly SLR gear as it was left behind for the EP line. At least with Pentax, I can use my same lenses on either body as the situation dictates. This has been my desire since getting all my lovely Pentax DA and FA primes. CAF if preferable in some situations, macro comes to mind right now. I have adapters for mFT and NEX but once the adapter is added, the body is the same size as the new Pentax offering. So for me this is just great.

02-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Why would you want it to supplement your K-mound DSLR?
I want something that gives higher quality than small sensor'd P&S cameras but smaller bodies than mirror box SLR? I don't like carrying such a big heavy kit everywhere. Given Pentax's propensity for pancake lenses I figured a small MILC with small lenses would be something they'd go after but apparently not.

QuoteOriginally posted by djc737 Quote
I think you meant to say that you would not be looking elsewhere for a MILC body since you can use your lenses with no loss of function on the Pentax version.
What loss of function are you referring to?
02-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
...I hope it has the specs and sells. I'm more than a little disappointed.
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by djc737 Quote

If that is the case then I agree whole heartedly with you on this. When each of the other manufacturers went MILC it required a new mount and new lenses for best operation. I sold off my Oly SLR gear as it was left behind for the EP line. At least with Pentax, I can use my same lenses on either body as the situation dictates. This has been my desire since getting all my lovely Pentax DA and FA primes. CAF if preferable in some situations, macro comes to mind right now. I have adapters for mFT and NEX but once the adapter is added, the body is the same size as the new Pentax offering. So for me this is just great.

Now do we know how well the DA & FA lenses will autofocuses on the K-01. Hopefully it will be good but I am guessing it will be really slow.
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Aesthetically speaking, I like it. Very clean and uncluttered. I cannot believe how small that 40mm lens is. I think that a 24mm or 28mm would have been a better choice for a first lens, but my guess is that it was easier for Pentax simply to adapt the design of the existing DA40 Limited. The pricing of the new camera will be interesting. I expect that it will be considerably lower than the new Fuji X-Pro 1, which is a very attractive camera that has a built-in hybrid viewfinder.

Rob
02-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I want something that gives higher quality than small sensor'd P&S cameras but smaller bodies than mirror box SLR? I don't like carrying such a big heavy kit everywhere. Given Pentax's propensity for pancake lenses I figured a small MILC with small lenses would be something they'd go after but apparently not.
Who told you that K-01 is small? K-01 isn't small. K-mount does not allow for camera to be small.
02-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #58

Who told you that K-01 is small? K-01 isn't small. K-mount does not allow for camera to be small.
Lose the bulky mirror, lose the phase detect AF, lose the bulky optical viewfinder, and gained...? Not very much?
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #59

Canon G1X and Fuji X-1 Pro and upcoming Olympus OM-D camera are not small either ... for a given value of small.

EDIT: Also, Panasonic GH2, Sigma DP series, and Leica. NOT SMALL.
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Why did they change this around.
It's the same layout as on the Q, FWIW.