Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
This is true ONLY if you can get the Diopter adjustment necessary for the viewfinder.
eek! Was the standard adjuster not adequate for you? That's a real problem, its one I have with the Fuji X100 at times, and its why I am not buying the X-pro because it doesnt have an adjustment at all!!

02-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Only some of them. As an "older" member of the photography community I can tell you unequivocally that many of my peers are looking to buy DSLR now, after years of P&S, because their eyesight is beginning to fail them, and a good viewfinder will always be better than an LCD for this particular group (not excluding younger people who also have visual difficulties).

There will always be a market for DSLR in its current format, and if the camera makers forget that... I'd be very surprised.
Of course, I was speaking in generalities for most new DSLR customers. That said, how many of your peers who want a DSLR have never owned an SLR?
02-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Of course, I was speaking in generalities for most new DSLR customers. That said, how many of your peers who want a DSLR have never owned an SLR?
Of the three i'm thinking about right now.. all have only ever had digital compacts. I'm unusual in my social group, the only one with a long history of loving photography.
02-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #34

I sure hope they make a replacement for the K-r. I've got a K200D and can't afford the price range of the K-5.