Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Optio WG-2 - The new waterproof compact leak?

I just ran across a Pentax Optio WG-2/GPS product listing. Did Adorama slip and post it too early?

Here you can pre-order an Optio WG-2 (apaprently):
15486 Pentax Optio WG-2 Digital Camera, 16 Megapixel, Waterproof, Dust/Cold/Shock-Proof, Vermillion Red

• 16 megapixels
  • waterproof/shock proof
  • vermillion red
With GPS: $399
Without GPS: $349

Available colors: red, white, black

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Is this Pentax's new marketing style? If it is, i like it!
02-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice!
02-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

16 mp? I wish they would put the q sensor in it instead. I will stick to my W10 as long as it lasts and hope that they eventually come up with a model that's useable above iso 200...

02-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
16 mp? I wish they would put the q sensor in it instead. I will stick to my W10 as long as it lasts and hope that they eventually come up with a model that's useable above iso 200...
Hah, then the Q would really QQ, wouldn't it? Wonder when it'll get discontinued

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Hah, then the Q would really QQ, wouldn't it? Wonder when it'll get discontinued
Huh? Are you suggesting they won't put the Q sensor in a WG in order not to hurt Q sales? Sounds like a bad move to me. If anything, I guess the Q sensor might be too expensive right now.
02-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just what I was looking for. Need one with GPS for my daughter before she goes to surf camp in June.

I would think the Q sensor would help sell it. Though the extra premium for the sensor would hurt sales.

Had a Waterproof Pentax film P&S from the 80's that was my wife's favorite camera until it died. I think she still wants to fix it.

02-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #8

Is there any reason why the Q sensor would be any more expensive? I'm assuming they're the same physical size and share similar feature set.
02-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The Q sensor is bigger than the one in a point and shoot, so it wouldn't work really.

Adam

02-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #10

The Q sensor is bigger than the one in a point and shoot, so it wouldn't work really.
They are both 1/2.3" size are they not?
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #11

Funny how a waterproof camera gets leaked.

http://instantrimshot.com/
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kryscendo Quote
Funny how a waterproof camera gets leaked.

Welcome to Instant Rimshot
Haha.
02-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wjjstu Quote
They are both 1/2.3" size are they not?
Lol, you're right! I just lost all the respect I had for the Q right there.

Adam

02-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol, you're right! I just lost all the respect I had for the Q right there.
You had respect for the Q?

Welcome to Instant Rimshot
02-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

they are the same size? now that's interesting. what's the chances they are using the new q sensor?
Closed Thread