Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,115
No JAPAN Announcement of K-01. Why?

It's so strange announcement of K-01....
Do you remember something like this? NEVER.
No official Pentax Japan announcement, no FULL specs.
There is specs, of course, but no additional info about buffer size, size of photos and video and e.t.c.



What does it means?

1. K-01 is not for Japanese market.
2. The announcement will be at CP+ on February, 9.
3. K-01 for Japanese market will have another specs and colours.


pay attention!!!
P.S.

USA version of K-01 is black/white.


European version of K-01 is black/silver.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Leaf Aptus 65(LF7164     )/Large Format  Photo 

Last edited by ogl; 02-03-2012 at 08:25 AM.
02-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 443
Good catch. My guess is a combo of No 1 & 2.

Dave
02-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,624
The japanese K-01 will have viewfinders and the rest of Pentax forums is going to explode over that.
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
I like the verison for Europe. Silver and Black reminds me of the old days with my SLRs - very retro. White and Black is just lame.

02-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member
causey's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arlington, VA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,758
The Japan version will be a K-01*. Full-frame, EVF, all-black, designed by Marc Newson's photographer son.

Yeah, the European model looks nicer... (I just hate the red and green buttons. The color nuances are violent. They look like traffic lights.)
02-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,509
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
What does it means?

1. K-01 is not for Japanese market.
2. The announcement will be at CP+ on February, 9.
3. K-01 for Japanese market will have another specs.
Yes ogl, I just noticed that a couple of hours ago when browsing the Japanese site!

My guess is #2. And #3, but only different colors. Maybe tons of them, like K-r.
02-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,753
I vote for a K-02 for the Japanese market. This gives 2x the Press coverage
02-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Forum Member
aheadfordinci's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 99
I vote for K-01 and no DSLR, because all the snow here made me fatalistic.

By the way, I'm european and I feel discriminated because he black and white body is for the USA only.

02-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NewYork
Posts: 899
You know electronics are often released in the Japanese market before here because that is where the company is based out of. Perhaps this camera is targeted at the US/western market so they are going to release in the market it is targeted at first rather than their home market. It could also be a part of a strategy to increase their presence and market share in the US. I guess there really is no telling until we see what gets released in Japan etc.
02-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,115
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aheadfordinci Quote
I vote for K-01 and no DSLR, because all the snow here made me fatalistic.

By the way, I'm european and I feel discriminated because he black and white body is for the USA only.
two new DSLR this year. But my thread is not about it...
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,236
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
You know electronics are often released in the Japanese market before here because that is where the company is based out of. Perhaps this camera is targeted at the US/western market so they are going to release in the market it is targeted at first rather than their home market. It could also be a part of a strategy to increase their presence and market share in the US. I guess there really is no telling until we see what gets released in Japan etc.
Oh those gaijin love odd looking stuff like this, let's sell it to them in crazy color schemes too because westerners are flamboyant like that anyways. We couldn't possibly think something designed by a westerner could be a success in Japan.

...maybe it is their reasoning, I hope not though.
02-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
Veteran Member
eurostar's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Albareto, Italy
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 813
Maybe they just keep the Japanese release for the CP+.
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 97
Barely any U.S. announcement either-- just a tiny news feed on the Pentax USA site ...
02-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,115
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
Oh those gaijin love odd looking stuff like this, let's sell it to them in crazy color schemes too because westerners are flamboyant like that anyways. We couldn't possibly think something designed by a westerner could be a success in Japan.

...maybe it is their reasoning, I hope not though.
Japanese like small...It's BIG
02-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
Veteran Member
froeschle's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 552
The K-01 was introduced in the UK, maybe because the designer lives in London ( Marc Newson Ltd ) and he wanted to present his newest design work there at a fashion(able) event first (one week before CP+, perhaps this is even part of the contract). But who cares about that in Pentax homeland? All what really matters over there is CP+ in Yokohama. And in tradition of K-x/K-r the release in Japan could even be more colorful...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
announcement, japan, k-01, market, pentax news, pentax rumors, size, specs, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-7 Pricing since K-5 announcement SkagitFly Pentax Price Watch 7 01-14-2011 10:29 AM
Who is becoming nervous after the K5 vs. the D7000 announcement? jpzk Pentax News and Rumors 141 09-20-2010 07:04 AM
What Time/Country is Announcement ! wll Pentax News and Rumors 21 09-20-2010 06:22 AM
Samyang - official announcement of the 35/1.4 Laurentiu Cristofor Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 09-17-2010 02:38 AM
News An announcement from Adorama Adam Site Suggestions and Help 8 03-22-2010 07:09 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top