Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax Day Is Tomorrow

I think this qualifies as news, since it was news to me, and I haven't heard much buzz about it. If there's another discussion going on, please point me to it.

So, I"m in Boulder County, CO, not far from the greater Denver area, and I know there are quite a lot of us Pentax users around here. We should try to pull something together last minute, despite the fact that we're currently getting crushed with awesome snow. Thoughts?

02-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go out shooting with the Pentax inc folk if you're that close!

The event has been shoved aside by all the K-01 rumors, but I will do some announcing today!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Must have been critical for Pentax to get these new products out there...
Indeed let's not forget to take some pictures.
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Since you're in Boulder, why not take a drive by headquarters and post a pic or two of the new digs. My romantic / artistic side side says it's in this beautiful location with wonderful scenery. My realistic side knows it's just some industrial warehouse in an industrial park with no view except for the trucks going by.

02-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
Since you're in Boulder, why not take a drive by headquarters and post a pic or two of the new digs. My romantic / artistic side side says it's in this beautiful location with wonderful scenery. My realistic side knows it's just some industrial warehouse in an industrial park with no view except for the trucks going by.
Not either one, exactly. Ned Bunnell (President of Ricoh/Pentax Imaging USA) already posted a photo of it on his blog.

Oh yeah, I'll take some photos tomorrow...
02-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, a headquarters round up would be cool. I would hope none of them would be there, but judging by the way they've been hustling lately, I wouldn't be surprised to find some weekend oil burners. Even if nothing significant comes together this for tomorrow, I'd love to work with them to put together some sort of rad community events in the near future.

Calicojack, the new dig is pretty rad. In a nice part of downtown denver, with a pretty killer view of the mountains from some of the offices. Here's a view out one of their 17th floor windows, looking down on the city. https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117783113906561198831/albums/posts/5660131099100474114 (sorry, but I can't at the moment figure out how to directly link to an image hosted on Google+)
02-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #7

I was out, in Wyoming, no new snow up north.