Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #316
Veteran Member
GordonZA's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
A bit of fun speculation for you all..
If you look carefully at the photos of the sample lens where the DA 560 F5.6 is you will notice some tape to hide additional lettering...
What if this is actually a super zoom?

Maybe it's actually a DA 560 F5.6 - 800 F8.0..... With a push-pull type construction similar to the Canon 100-400mm... That would make this a "cheap" super zoom that would be completely unique and different?

Note that the name of the lens given on the Pentax Japan site is tentative... Ie not yet final...

Just some fun for you all....


Last edited by GordonZA; 02-24-2012 at 12:06 PM.
02-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #317
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Vylen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,250
QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
A bit of fun speculation for you all..
If you look carefully at the photos of the sample lens where the DA 560 F5.6 is you will notice some tape to hide additional lettering...
What if this is actually a super zoom?

Maybe it's actually a DA 560 F5.6 - 800 F8.0..... With a push-pull type construction similar to the Canon 100-400mm... That would make this a "cheap" super zoom that would be completely unique and different?

Note that the name of the lens given on the Pentax Japan site is tentative... Ie not yet final...

Just some fun for you all....
Nope, because this is telephoto prime lens as listed in the K-mount lens roadmap.
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #318
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 594
I just want to know how much this thing will be and when will we see the sample photos from it....
02-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #319
Veteran Member
GordonZA's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Nope, because this is telephoto prime lens as listed in the K-mount lens roadmap.
All specifications and names are tentative and subject to change without notice...

02-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #320
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 969
Quick question related to how TC affect optical properties of lenses.
Lets say hypothetically a lens is sharpest at F8 and we add a 1.4 TC to a 5.6 lens.
Disregarding the sharpness loss of adding glass is that lens now at optimum aperture?
Or would it be sharpest being at F8 and THEN adding the TC?
(just one answer thanks to keep the thread on topic)
02-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #321
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,294
QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
All specifications and names are tentative and subject to change without notice...
But not too much. 560 mm and f/5.6 are real. IMO.
02-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #322
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Paris
Posts: 175
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
Quick question related to how TC affect optical properties of lenses.
Lets say hypothetically a lens is sharpest at F8 and we add a 1.4 TC to a 5.6 lens.
Disregarding the sharpness loss of adding glass is that lens now at optimum aperture?
Or would it be sharpest being at F8 and THEN adding the TC?
(just one answer thanks to keep the thread on topic)
I believe the TC is just a magnifier, so the TC + lens combination would be at its sharpest at the same aperture as the lens itself (effective aperture would be that of the lens multiplied by the magniffying factor of the TC: if the lens is sharpest at f/8, a 1.4x TC + lens would be sharpest at the effective aperure of f/11).
02-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #323
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 969
QuoteOriginally posted by nicolas1970i Quote
I believe the TC is just a magnifier, so the TC + lens combination would be at its sharpest at the same aperture as the lens itself (effective aperture would be that of the lens multiplied by the magniffying factor of the TC: if the lens is sharpest at f/8, a 1.4x TC + lens would be sharpest at the effective aperure of f/11).
Got it, makes sense.

02-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #324
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 804
QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
A bit of fun speculation for you all..
If you look carefully at the photos of the sample lens where the DA 560 F5.6 is you will notice some tape to hide additional lettering...
What if this is actually a super zoom?

Maybe it's actually a DA 560 F5.6 - 800 F8.0..... With a push-pull type construction similar to the Canon 100-400mm... That would make this a "cheap" super zoom that would be completely unique and different?

Note that the name of the lens given on the Pentax Japan site is tentative... Ie not yet final...

Just some fun for you all....
I think that the tape is here to hide the AF system; according to the interview I'm not sure that the AF system is definitvely choosen
02-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #325
Veteran Member
GordonZA's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
One thing that might make it a zoom is the expanding body?

Yes to the 560mm F5.6 but maybe also a zoom too, hence hiding the extra lettering...

That would also explain that extra locking screw... To keep it locked for transport... Unlock it and you can slid it in and out for zoom, maybe going up to an 800mm or 900mm ??

That would make this a completely unique super tele zoom that is affordable....

Nice to dream.... Whatever its final specs I hope I will be able to use it for birds....
02-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #326
Senior Member
vicentesagredo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Concepcion
Posts: 100
so now this lens just became an 560-900mm f5.6 through its entire range?
j/k :P
02-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #327
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Innsbruck
Posts: 283
far too innovative, dont think that it will be something like that.

There were some hinds that it is in fact not even a "real" telephoto lens, rather then a "redesign" telescope. Well one way to be unique

I think it all depends on the optical capabilities of this lens. I better should be very impressive, or very cheap.
02-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #328
Veteran Member
demp10's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta
Photos: Albums
Posts: 602
QuoteOriginally posted by vicentesagredo Quote
so now this lens just became an 560-900mm f5.6 through its entire range?
j/k :P
To be F5.6 at 900mm the front element will have to be at least 160mm to match the iris. From the pictures is more like 100mm which is what needed for a 560mm at F5.6.
02-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #329
Veteran Member
Frogfish's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 4,490
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
far too innovative, dont think that it will be something like that.

There were some hints that it is in fact not even a "real" telephoto lens, rather then a "redesign" telescope. Well one way to be unique

I think it all depends on the optical capabilities of this lens. I better should be very impressive, or very cheap.
Anyone into digiscoping can tell you there are some fantastic ED scopes giving superb, sharp and CA/PF free photographs and that are fully WR. If it's anything like them I'll be a happy bunny as I was on the verge of buying one.
02-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #330
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Innsbruck
Posts: 283
I dont doubt that!

But i think most really good scopes are absurdly expensive and most of them are a "bit" bulky...

I am really looking forward for this lens, but i "fear" that even with a "good" optical performance it might get "out-played" by he Sigma 50-500 which is optical ok, its a huge zoom, its 1 stop slower and it is cheaper. The "collapsed" size cant be taken into consideration right now, because we just dont know how big/small the 560mm is going to become(if it will be collapsable etc.) and maybe it will be WR !

But i think it is wonderfull to see that Pentax decided to build a telephoto lens and maybe (if the 560 is no DA*) they might build a "better" version.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
500mm, lens, pentax 560mm, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DA 50mm, DA 560mm, D-FA 645 90mm to be revealed at CP+ Adam Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 56 02-10-2012 08:56 AM
Leitz 560mm f/6.8 Telyt-R - first shots and impression Piotr Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 05-11-2009 02:42 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top