Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20120208_510376.html

02-07-2012, 08:14 PM - 1 Like   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
#4: what a nasty protruding rear element!!
Yea, but who is gonna see it!? I feel that the boxy K-01 design is good if it allows them to use that 'mirror box' space for flat XS pancakes with longer focal lengths. It really is a new lens mount.
02-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #48
Forum Member

the 560mm is super long and thin. It can't be a mirror lens
02-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There should be no more debate about the 560mm f/5.6. It's clearly not a mirror.

Last edited by audiobomber; 02-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Suddenly, having all this news from Pentax is terrifying. I'm not used to it. Someone, hold me.
Break out the popcorn and hang on for the ride. This is just the beginning.
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All these DA, Q, and K-01 lenses make it awfully hard for me to believe a FF is to be announced May-Sept as the rumors suggest.

As for lenses, the 560 and the new K-01 lens look interesting. I bet it's a DA21XS, and I love that they're using recessed elements to take advantage of the extra mount space.
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pure Speculation

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
All these DA, Q, and K-01 lenses make it awfully hard for me to believe a FF is to be announced May-Sept as the rumors suggest.

As for lenses, the 560 and the new K-01 lens look interesting. I bet it's a DA21XS, and I love that they're using recessed elements to take advantage of the extra mount space.
I think Ricoh will move faster than any of us imagine can be possible. I bet there will be a constant drumbeat of announcements of lenses, upgraded bodies, system attachments etc. at least for Japan and Europe (N/A might not immediately have all items).

Purely speculatively I think 2013 and 2014 will be even more exciting.

4 Camera Lines
  • Q
  • MILC (K Line)
    • K-01
    • Small traditional body EVF
  • OVF traditional (L Line)
    • Hi APSc (# series)
    • FF (X Series)
  • 645D
    • line extensions
    • larger sensor?
All these lines will need lenses, attachments, TC's and the like - constant flow of new stuff. [EDIT: Not even considering compact cameras like the WG series.]

Last edited by monochrome; 02-08-2012 at 07:31 AM.
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
I bet it's a DA21XS, and I love that they're using recessed elements to take advantage of the extra mount space.
+1 to this. XS editions of the DA Limiteds!
02-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think Ricoh will move faster than any of us imagine can be possible. I bet there will be a constant drumbeat of announcements of lenses, upgraded bodies, system attachments etc. at least for Japan and Europe (N/A might not immediately have all items).

Purely speculatively I think 2013 and 2014 will be even more exciting.

4 Camera Lines
  • Q
  • MILC (K Line)
    • K-01
    • Small traditional body EVF
  • OVF traditional (L Line)
    • Hi APSc (# series)
    • FF (X Series)
  • 645D
    • line extensions
    • larger sensor?
All these lines will need lenses, attachments, TC's and the like - constant flow of new stuff.
Someone at Ricoh probably stumbled on our poor forum and was like, "god damn, do these people ever get satisfied by anything? Let's just inundate them with stuff to make them shutup."

Little do they know...
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #55
Veteran Member

...we cannot possibly shut up?
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #56
MSM
Veteran Member

WOW. Pretty exciting times for us Pentaxians. I can't wait to mount the DA560 to the K-01!

The lens coming out for the K-01 looks like a limited lens similar to the DA 40 mm limited. Now where on the newly released roadmap does this fall? I wonder if this is a prototype and the 40 xs is really what should be pictured there.
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #57
ogl
Banned

Super-thin interchangeable lens especially designed for PENTAX K-01

I'm interested in specs...length, speed.
02-07-2012, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #58
Veteran Member

My bet is the K-01 specific lens is a fish eye.

Reminds me of the old wide angle lenses that required mirror lock up.
02-07-2012, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Someone at Ricoh probably stumbled on our poor forum and was like, "god damn, do these people ever get satisfied by anything? Let's just inundate them with stuff to make them shutup."

Little do they know...
I'm not asking for anything. I'll never be able to buy any of this stuff. I'm just imagining what Ricoh might do if they really do plan to take a market-share run at Canon (Nikon is a different story). Obviously, pure speculation, but I just pre-ordered a K-01 for the fun of it and first-in rights some day.

I do think Ricoh has a corporate history of relentlessly attacking a market leader and taking market share. Canon is a candidate. Ricoh did say in December that Pentax wouldn't look at all the same within a year, that they would invest and devlop manufacturing capacity. We've read they are hiring engineers. Put it all together -

Whatever the end result is, though, the next three years are going to be a thrill ride.
02-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'm not asking for anything. I'll never be able to buy any of this stuff. I'm just imagining what Ricoh might do if they really do plan to take a market-share run at Canon (Nikon is a different story). Obviously, pure speculation, but I just pre-ordered a K-01 for the fun of it and first-in rights some day.

I do think Ricoh has a corporate history of relentlessly attacking a market leader and taking market share. Canon is a candidate. Ricoh did say in December that Pentax wouldn't look at all the same within a year, that they would invest and devlop manufacturing capacity. We've read they are hiring engineers. Put it all together -

Whatever the end result is, though, the next three years are going to be a thrill ride.
I enjoy your constant optimism monochrome, here's hoping you're right!

Pentax/Ricoh has such a huge opportunity ahead of them, and they certainly have the best engineers to back them up. I want to see those innovative products roll out...FF K-01 anyone?