Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #91
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by arnie0674 Quote
Can I stack the Q -> K mount and the K mount -> 645 adapter and use 645 lenses on the Q?

Of course! focusing is a bitch though IMO. And you'd better plan on using a tripod, again IMO.

02-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #92
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,274
QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
I wonder... optics used in astronomical telescopes to provide better image quality for distant subject... is there some kind of atmospheric turbulence reduction ? For examples via a slightly move of the sensor coupled to the lens ?
There are 2 visible switches ; one is for AF/MF, the other ?
Some telescopes use adaptive optics (AO) to stabilize a pinpoint start's image against turbulence. That sounds similar to shake reduction but it works very differently. SR senses motion and compensates. AO monitors the image itself and in theory can compensate for motion as well as atmospheric turbulence. AO needs to monitor a bright pinpoint within the image field, either from a star or laser-generated artificial star. I strongly doubt the new Pentax lens uses AO.

The astronomical optics they're taking about might be coatings to improve contrast or apochromatic glass to reduce CA. An AO solution usable with existing Pentax cameras would require an electronics suite built into the lens. Sticker-shock might be comparable to the $32000 200-500mm F2.8 APO EX DG - Telephoto Zoom Lenses - SigmaPhoto.com.

(If I'm wrong and Pentax managed to squeeze AO into a reasonably priced lens they can make a killing by reentering the telescope business)

Last edited by DeadJohn; 02-09-2012 at 05:55 PM.
02-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #93
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,147
QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
I think I remember to have seen a video one or 2 years ago from Pentax to illustrate the image improvement obtained by atmospheric turbulance reduction on one of their product. T
It is a real issue for birders. When there is some strong wind here (50 % of the time) images obtained from the FA*600 from birds at let's say 20 meters are clearly degraded over those obtained with quiet weather conditions. So it would be useful and a clear advantage vs competitors
Here it is, resolution not good for photography

02-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #94
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Holy Cow! It's like Ricoh walked into the Pentax skunkworks and greenlighted everything! Go Ricoh! Go Pentax!
Absolutely! I think we all hit BINGO at the same time. AND they're trying to rehire the designers that Hoya let go......

02-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,324
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Absolutely! I think we all hit BINGO at the same time. AND they're trying to rehire the designers that Hoya let go......
The trick now that the Titanic is turning away from the iceberg is to keep releasing something every month - at least a rumor - but a lens, or details on the new lenses. There will be the first shipments of the K-01 (better have a major test cycle and samples in the hands of media and selected users); then rumors, release and shipments of the new K-r; then same for the K-5 replacement; then same for the 645D upgrade; more lenses; new distribution agreements; new hires; seminars, workshops and demonstrations; sponsorships; TV ads on the NCAA Basketball Final Four (well, we can dream, can't we); then the big enchilada k-24x36 aka D-ILX.

Then there will be Photokina
02-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #96
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The trick now that the Titanic is turning away from the iceberg is to keep releasing something every month - at least a rumor - but a lens, or details on the new lenses. There will be the first shipments of the K-01 (better have a major test cycle and samples in the hands of media and selected users); then rumors, release and shipments of the new K-r; then same for the K-5 replacement; then same for the 645D upgrade; more lenses; new distribution agreements; new hires; seminars, workshops and demonstrations; sponsorships; TV ads on the NCAA Basketball Final Four (well, we can dream, can't we); then the big enchilada k-24x36 aka D-ILX.

Then there will be Photokina
As I have said - Ricoh has the resources, now we need to give them the time. So far they have done everything and more than any REASONABLE person could have dreamed of by all these releases, putting their own in-house camera division UNDER Pentax, announcing that they will rehire designers, etc. Really solid momentum, very positive spin from most who aren't drinking the Canikon Koolaid, and even some here are rethinking their position re the K-01
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #97
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 108
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The Sony 500mm f/4 is only available as a built to order option, with UK price to be confirmed. Sony Japan is listing the price of the lens as1,312,500 Yen, which is a whopping 10, 783... better get saving now.
1 312 500 YEN = 17 000 USD

New Sony 500mm f/4 Alpha mount lens launched | News | TechRadar
Oh...with that price... I might as well go Medium Format with 645D.....
02-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #98
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,215
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
Q with the K adapter + a Zeiss lens:



Hmm.
It's really fun...

02-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #99
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,215
Original Poster
Google Translate

more info about lens roadmaps for Q and 645 system


It seems to me

DA16.5(17)-225 (DA HIGH MAGNIFICATION ZOOM) - IT COULD BE ON 2012!!!

2013
DA*15-85 (DA*ZOOM)
DA110-380 (100-400) (DA TELEZOOM)
DA21(22)-DA38 (20-40)(DA LIMITED ZOOM)
DA12-28 (DA WIDE ZOOM)
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ogl; 02-10-2012 at 01:14 AM.
02-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #100
axl
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
I think I remember to have seen a video one or 2 years ago from Pentax to illustrate the image improvement obtained by atmospheric turbulance reduction on one of their product. T
It is a real issue for birders. When there is some strong wind here (50 % of the time) images obtained from the FA*600 from birds at let's say 20 meters are clearly degraded over those obtained with quiet weather conditions. So it would be useful and a clear advantage vs competitors
I've seen the video you are referring to.
It would be nice if they put in the lens but I doubt it. Plus, the price tag would sky rocket IMO
02-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #101
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,773
I hope the hood on this thing isn't as flimsy as it is on the F* lens!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #102
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,502
2012: not = end of the (Pentax) world

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
As I have said - Ricoh has the resources, now we need to give them the time. So far they have done everything and more than any REASONABLE person could have dreamed of by all these releases, putting their own in-house camera division UNDER Pentax, announcing that they will rehire designers, etc. Really solid momentum, very positive spin from most who aren't drinking the Canikon Koolaid, and even some here are rethinking their position re the K-01
Bonjour,

Agreed, more than could be been expected given the circumstances, ie the buyout, etc ... Time & money, time & money.

Looks like the money's there and has be committed towards a definite set of goals.

What's lacking ... obviously time. Be patient until the end of the world, erh ... it's in December, isn't it.

Re-organizing and picking up the pieces takes a moment or two ... Allez, enough said - J Frog

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine ..." (Repeat often)

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 02-10-2012 at 02:36 AM.
02-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,502
I'm betting on a 18-200 ..

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Google Translate

more info about lens roadmaps for Q and 645 system


It seems to me

DA16.5(17)-225 (DA HIGH MAGNIFICATION ZOOM) - IT COULD BE ON 2012!!!

2013
DA*15-85 (DA*ZOOM)
DA110-380 (100-400) (DA TELEZOOM)
DA21(22)-DA38 (20-40)(DA LIMITED ZOOM)
DA12-28 (DA WIDE ZOOM)
Salut et merci,

Thanks for your post, but I'll bet you "dollars to dough nuts" that it'll be a 18-200 (for 2012), like that Pentax Rep told me back in June ...

On verra, J
02-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #104
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,215
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Salut et merci,

Thanks for your post, but I'll bet you "dollars to dough nuts" that it'll be a 18-200 (for 2012), like that Pentax Rep told me back in June ...

On verra, J
It's longer than 200 mm in roadmap.
02-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #105
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,190
18-250 MkII.... with Macro?
and DC motor like the one in the 18-135? that sounds cool..
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K100D Super taking 3GB sized photos, cant open photos. icedomin8r Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 01-08-2012 01:07 PM
Misc Assorted Autumn Photos from an Afternoon Stroll (8 photos) Rense Post Your Photos! 22 11-02-2010 02:37 PM
K-5 + DA 35mm/2.4 - a very nice combo for street photos (many photos) frank Pentax K-5 72 10-28-2010 05:26 PM
Brief info about K-5 and KR ogl Pentax News and Rumors 569 09-13-2010 12:06 PM
Misc Photos from my ride around Malibu Hills (7 Photos) EdwardConde Post Your Photos! 4 08-11-2010 10:44 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top