Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #1

CP+ show 2012

Is this true, nothing new introduced in CP+ show?
No new K-5+
No- FF body
No- new Kr
No nothing?????

02-09-2012, 12:14 PM - 6 Likes   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by markku55 Quote
No new K-5+
No- FF body
No- new Kr
No nothing?????
Aside from a new mirrorless k-mount camera, a lens roadmap, multiple new lenses, and a complete restructuring of the organization, they've announced nothing.
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

True, but there were rumors of a DSLR announcement, too.
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I was pretty sure that rumor was squashed last week and that a new DSLR isn't going to be announced for another 4-5 months.

02-09-2012, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Look at the bright side of it: We can continue to speculate about cool features in new DSLR bodies possibly being released soon (there was some talk about K-r replacement in spring, right? Just a couple of months away...) instead of having angst-ridden threads about possible manufacturing faults in the new bodies
02-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Horrible Quote
Aside from a new mirrorless k-mount camera, a lens roadmap, multiple new lenses, and a complete restructuring of the organization, they've announced nothing.
02-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
I was pretty sure that rumor was squashed last week and that a new DSLR isn't going to be announced for another 4-5 months.
I think april/may is when the kr replacement is supposed to come, every thing else will be at Photokina is my guess (with some leaks before I'm sure )
kr replacement leaks will probably start at the end of march
I'm fine with that, I'd rather the next DSLR be more about where Ricoh wants things to go than a green lighted Hoya project that had been delayed like the K-01 (which i like more and more i just don't think it's really indicative of Pentax Ricoh's direction on the whole lineup)
Even the lens roadmap contains a lot of stuff hoya had shelved i think

02-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I was expecting a GXR-K Mount module along with the Pentax|Ricoh management announcement.
02-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
I was expecting a GXR-K Mount module along with the Pentax|Ricoh management announcement.
I think it's probably not ready yet but they have said it's in the plans at one point. The m module apparently has sold so well there will be a version 2 using likely the same sensor as the k-01
so maybe it's a GXR series 2 revamp with several announcements coming
02-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I would say that 7 lenses and 3 new cameras is a good start to the year. Remember, it's only February! Talk of the DSLRs should start around Q2/Q3.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-09-2012, 01:34 PM - 2 Likes   #11
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Horrible Quote
yeah! Apart from: the aqueduct; sanitation; education; and the roads go without saying... what have they ever done for us
02-09-2012, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by markku55 Quote
No new K-5+
No- FF body
No- new Kr
No nothing?????
Nothing exciting.....

A road map with no FA lenses. No fast primes. No plans to fill the gap from 77mm to 200mm.
A 1.4x TC that has been under development for 5 years and is still not ready, but they will try to get one out in the next 2 years.... maybe..... If you are lucky....

I think they had a map at the Pentax booth showing people how to find the Sigma booth if they had any lens questions.
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Nothing exciting.....

A road map with no FA lenses. No fast primes. No plans to fill the gap from 77mm to 200mm.
A 1.4x TC that has been under development for 5 years and is still not ready, but they will try to get one out in the next 2 years.... maybe..... If you are lucky....

I think they had a map at the Pentax booth showing people how to find the Sigma booth if they had any lens questions.
A 1.4x TC that has been under development for 5 years..

...under who's ownership of Pentax, I wonder..

..and now that Pentax is part of someone else it pops up again..
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
Veteran Member

There was another thread that stated that DSLRs are behind schedule. Beside, the K-5 isn't due for a replacement for a few months yet if the 16 month schedule they have used on the last 4 generations of their camera line is taken into consideration.
02-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
yeah! Apart from: the aqueduct; sanitation; education; and the roads go without saying... what have they ever done for us
Irrigation? Medicine? and the wine?