Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #31
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Adam or OLE: Please confirm whether or not the 40 XS and future XS lenses are compatable with dSLR bodies or not. Information on the PentaxImaging site says the 40XS is.
40 XS is. No doubt. There are photos with 40XS mounted at K-5.

02-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great work Adam. I know you're going to represent us well. Perhaps the way to phrase the FF question would be:

"What would you like to say to the many enthusiast and professional Pentax users that continue to jump ship for a brand with a FF system?" - That way it'll be too awkward for them to just say "we're keeping our options open".

If they say, "We'd recommend they look into our 645D system", you can counter with: "How would that help the hundreds of portrait/wedding photographers that could not feasibly afford such a platform?".

Then if they say, "We're committed to APS-C professional equipment", a good follow-on could be: "In that case, will you be releasing significantly faster lenses like a 50/1.0, 85/1.2, DA 135/1.8 to make up for the frame size?"

Just some suggestions...
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Jeff, for that sort of questions they have invented "no comment" as an answer
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #34

Thanks Adam, fingers crossed for FF

Thanks for your work Adam. Many photographers have grown and polished their skills with Pentax gear...now they want to progress in their work and they are ready for a Full Frame body. I'm ready now to purchase a Full Frame body...if I had a US $1 for each time I considered jumping ship on this issue, I would have nearly enough to buy a good Full Frame Zoom lens. I remain hopeful that it will be this year and within the next few months. I'm guessing they are going to make an announcement for the Photokina show in September.

02-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Jeff, for that sort of questions they have invented "no comment" as an answer
Indeed, but the same could be said (and less awkwardly roll off the tongue) for "What are your FF plans?", "Will you be releasing faster lenses?", etc.

It's far more awkward for them to respond to a "What would you like to tell your customers jumping ship..." question with "no comment", as that comes off as showing neglect for their user base. (Ah word games...)

Last edited by jeffshaddix; 02-10-2012 at 10:54 AM.
02-10-2012, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K1D27H Quote
Not really made a jump as I already "added" a full frame to my collection. But if Pentax decide to go full frame, they will get more money from me. That is for sure.
I'll jump on the full frame bandwagon too. My next planned digital camera purchase will be in one to two years. It will be a full frame DSLR with at least a 24MP sensor. If Pentax doesn't come through, It will be another brand, as will new lenses.

In MF days lenses in themselves were a good reason for going with Pentax, but other manufacturers have more than caught up.

I'm a professional looking to shift from medium format film to digital, but cannot justify the cost of a 645D. I have a large selecition of vintage Pentax lenses that I'd like to continue to use, but I do need to get on with things.

cheers.
02-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #37
Veteran Member

will we see more colors, or better yet, lack of colors (all-black) for the K-01 soon?

can we expect a GXR-K module this year? GXRII body?

02-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #38
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I think you guys will like the questions that we have prepared

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
can we expect a GXR-K module this year? GXRII body?
Yup, this was already announced on some roadmap somewhere

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #39
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
40 XS is. No doubt. There are photos with 40XS mounted at K-5.
Yeah, but those photos don't show whether or not the mirror is whacking the crap out of the back of the lens or not. While the PentaxImaging site says the 40 is fine, there is also conflicting info. As far as future XS lenses, there are a lot of people and rumors that they aren't reverse compatible. That was the point of my question, i.e. and official answer from Pentax Japan.
02-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #40
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Yeah, but those photos don't show whether or not the mirror is whacking the crap out of the back of the lens or not. While the PentaxImaging site says the 40 is fine, there is also conflicting info. As far as future XS lenses, there are a lot of people and rumors that they aren't reverse compatible. That was the point of my question, i.e. and official answer from Pentax Japan.
One of the Singapore users took a shot with the 40 XS on his K5 of a woman, its here somewhere- Maybe he was using MLU to trick us! <j/ks>
02-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
One of the Singapore users took a shot with the 40 XS on his K5 of a woman, its here somewhere- Maybe he was using MLU to trick us!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01-forum/174006-hands-photos-k-0...ml#post1808906 <- Maybe (looks like he meant to put K5 instead of K01)

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01-forum/174006-hands-photos-k-0...ml#post1808929
02-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #42
Site Supporter

Should have known Frank would be the first one to get hold of the k-01 and 40 xs.
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #43
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
One of the Singapore users took a shot with the 40 XS on his K5 of a woman, its here somewhere- Maybe he was using MLU to trick us! <j/ks>
Regardless, it still doesn't address planned XS including the mystery lens in the circulating pic. That is the main point that gets overlooked in my question. As I mentioned and linked in several post, the PentaxImaging site lists the 40 XS as kaf compatible. The biggest speculation is that the other XS lenses may not be and some of those rumors come out of Singapore.
02-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #44
Veteran Member

I'm interested in their marketing and distribution plans for Canada and the US., the US in particular. Pentax has pretty well dissapeared at local camera stores in the states and Ricoh has no presence in Canada.

Would like to see a major shift to work with retailers to get the products onto the shelves and to help the retailers better understand the product.

One last thing. Is there a plan afoot to adress now dated features of the Pentax Flash system. Nikon's system is sooooo good., would be nice to see Pentax spent some resources in that direction especially if a full frame camera is in the works.
02-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #45
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
I'm interested in their marketing and distribution plans for Canada and the US., the US in particular. Pentax has pretty well dissapeared at local camera stores in the states and Ricoh has no presence in Canada.

Would like to see a major shift to work with retailers to get the products onto the shelves and to help the retailers better understand the product.

One last thing. Is there a plan afoot to adress now dated features of the Pentax Flash system. Nikon's system is sooooo good., would be nice to see Pentax spent some resources in that direction especially if a full frame camera is in the works.
+1 on this.
Closed Thread