Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Adam for pulling this all together. I don't recall Pentax being so "cooperative" and optimistic in recent memory. First the interview and then being granted access to the new lenses. This is terrific!

02-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
The interview being with a Japanese representative of Pentax Japan/global, they will certainly not concern themselves with the US market. I really don't understand all these people expecting information on the US market, that's Ned's business and he wasn't there. Also it strikes me that no members from the rest of the world are making similar requests, but that these members prefer asking about products... Not trying to generalise or start a controversy, but the world is larger than the US... ;-)

Wim
Not sure if you were joking, but if you weren't,

1. Many of the requests for info from CP+ posted on this forum are from non-USA members.
2. Pentax USA only distributes what Pentax Japan/gobal designs and manufactures.
3. Experience has shown that Pentax Forum has info on plans and new products long, long before Pentax USA reps will say anything.
02-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The interview being with a Japanese representative of Pentax Japan/global, they will certainly not concern themselves with the US market. I really don't understand all these people expecting information on the US market, that's Ned's business and he wasn't there. Also it strikes me that no members from the rest of the world are making similar requests, but that these members prefer asking about products... Not trying to generalise or start a controversy, but the world is larger than the US... ;-)

Wim
I'm actually interested in what Pentax is releasing AND whether it will be available here. As for there being more to the world than the US, yes - Japan too because that's the home of Pentax and Seiko
02-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam. Can't wait!

02-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Merci beaucoup Adam ...

Bonjour Adam,

Thanks a lot for your efforts and looking forward to the intreview, etc.

Bien cordialement, J

PS - If you are interessed in translating part of the interview in French, let me know ... maybe I could help out with an "executive summary" type document or something equivalent for the Francophone community ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 02-11-2012 at 09:25 AM.
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #66
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Also it strikes me that no members from the rest of the world are making similar requests, but that these members prefer asking about products...
While we're waiting for the translation of the actual interview; would you mind posting the transcript of it, and those from the rest of the world's interviewers as well.
You seem to know exactly what questions are being asked by whom and it sounds fascinating. Please share.
02-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote

PS - If you are interessed in translating part of the interview in French, let me know ... maybe I could help out with an "executive summary" type document or something equivalent for the Francophone community ...
Yep, ready to help translating as well, or second lecture or whatever

02-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Seems most people missed the wink at the end of my post...

Anyway, I just wanted to avoid disappointed members from the US, should it become clear that a Japanese Pentax representative would not provide answers to their US related questions. I understand the importance for concerned members as to the availability of products in their market, but just wanted to indicate that this didn't seem the right place to request these questions being asked. Sorry to have upset people by my apparently too clumsy wording...

Wim
02-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Adam, even before I hear and see the translation of the interview I do wish to thank you and the other Pentax Forum Volunteers who are participating in what I can only say is a 'Landmark' Moment in the modern story of Pentax. I am eager to hear the enthusiasm of the Pentax Reps on the present and future direction of Pentax-Ricoh Imaging.

Waiting with baited breath..................................
02-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Bonjour Adam,

Thanks a lot for your efforts and looking forward to the intreview, etc.

Bien cordialement, J

And here for Italian, if it is considered a good idea...
02-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #71
Veteran Member

To compensate for my drifting off topic () I offer to take on the translation to Dutch (if Asahiflex hasn't already).

Wim
02-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Sounds good, maybe there will be a few hints in there for us. (No, I don't mean us as one country, but all Pentax users on the planet... :P )
02-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Woke up and checked the forums first... I'll be checking in every few hours for sure!
02-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wim
Heh - Yes, Americans are US-centric, but in this case we, Canada and Australia are starved for information. You at least have Pentax EU, with UK, France and Germany as divisions. Just compare your websites to ours to understand. And yes, I caught the emotican at the end. One serious question, though -- If Ned really wasn't there, where was he?
02-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One serious question, though -- If Ned really wasn't there, where was he?
Surfing!! or working for Olympus
Closed Thread