Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Surfing!! or working for Olympus
Sorry - what I meant was (since he must certainly have attended CP+) is there a reason he wasn't present for Adam's interview?

02-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #77

Hi,

I can help for the English/French translation if needed.

Regards.

Malsi
02-11-2012, 12:29 PM - 3 Likes   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can translate from American english to Canadian English.. but that's mainly replacing "HUH" with "EH"
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Who let the moose in the hoose?

02-11-2012, 12:48 PM - 1 Like   #80
Veteran Member

I can help with American English to English English. Theater with theatre, color with colour, awesome with cracking good show wot wot and all that.
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Ohh yeah.. I guess I'd have to do the colour, theatre, centre type of editing too.. replacing words like idiot with "hoser".. may end up being a lot of work!
02-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #82
Forum Member

I can do the translation from english (all kinds) to swedish. You just replace speed with fart, ending with slut and dot with prick. Itīs so easy.

02-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #83

asg!!
02-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #84
Veteran Member

I wish I was Swedish
02-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I wish I was Klingon

the kids are getting restless
02-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So, can Adam score an interview with Ned and the rest of Pentax USA as a follow up? ..... Denver or San Clemente is just a "Bonzi Run" away....

02-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #87
Veteran Member

I can translate into fluent gibberish, no problem. Translating FROM gibberish is even easier.
02-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrmentera Quote
I can do the translation from english (all kinds) to swedish. You just replace speed with fart, ending with slut and dot with prick. Itīs so easy.
Yeah, and to get to the filling-station we use the infart: Don't try that at home, yankee doodle dandys!

Kjell
02-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks a ton Adam, you are the man. This truly is an exciting time for the die hard pentaxian. The question about Ned is a very legitimate one I think, unless I have missed it, there has nothing but silence from Ned recently. It sure looks to me like Adam is doing more for promoting the brand than Ned. How would you like to swap salaries with him Adam?
02-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #90
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
So, can Adam score an interview with Ned and the rest of Pentax USA as a follow up? ..... Denver or San Clemente is just a "Bonzi Run" away....

Here are a few preliminary "off the top of my head" points from the Japanese interview:

In response to our congratulating them on the release of the K-01: Pentax says that they are trying to address the needs of the niche market while keeping things moving forward.

Pentax Japan has heard of our website, though they say that the multitude of Japanese Pentax sites out there have a much bigger reach within Japan, hence we don't see many Japanese users here.

In response to whether or not mirrorless cameras are the future of the camera industry: the K-01 is the first mirrorless camera to maintain a reasonable flange distance and not sacrifice optical performance that way. Image quality is a top priority for Pentax with these cameras.

When asked what the best lens for the K-01 would be: the telephoto zoom lenses announced on the roadmap (hint hint).

Is the FA 50mm being discontinued due to the announcement of the DA 50mm? (indirectly No.

An optical viewfinder for the K-01 would be pointless due to the wide range of lenses offered. There are no plans to make an EVF, either (bummer).

Pentax was happy to hear that the favorite color combination for the K-01 was black and silver, as it was part of Newson's design. However, they did not deny that more color options were being considered or explored.

All current product lines are of great importance to Pentax: the K-mount mirrorless, K-mount DSLR, medium format DSLR, and Q system.

Pentax will only create a full-frame camera if they are able to address a market which would be unique in some way or another (hinted that such a camera wasn't coming in the foreseeable future).

Regarding SDM vs DC: each technology has its advantages and disadvantages and they address different markets and have different price points (personally I can't wait to hear the full response here, as I'm not sure what SDM has got over DC).

That's all for now- and this is all based on the recollection of the interviewer. We'll have the full text for you soon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread