Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Thanks, expecting to see the whole interview!

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There are no plans to make an EVF, either (bummer).

Pentax will only create a full-frame camera if they are able to address a market which would be unique in some way or another (hinted that such a camera wasn't coming in the foreseeable future).
Now that's a major bummer x 2!

02-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Pentax will only create a full-frame camera if they are able to address a market which would be unique in some way or another (hinted that such a camera wasn't coming in the foreseeable future).
Inexpensive, no video etc?
Compatible with gazillions of lenses already?
Has a Pentax Logo?

Sad trombone...
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Inexpensive, no video etc?
Compatible with gazillions of lenses already?
Has a Pentax Logo?

Sad trombone...
Mirrorless. And only if a CMOS for the 645D will never be available.
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #94
Veteran Member

How is the K-5 'unique'?

Is the K-5 a failure?

02-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
How is the K-5 'unique'?

Is the K-5 a failure?
Yeah, sure thing!
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #96
Pentaxian

To be honest: the same Pentax spokesperson, one year ago at the CP+ 2011, said almost the same about a Pentax mirrorless. Like 'Pentax would only do that in an unique way'. And now we have the K-01, which is unique indeed. To me it sounds like a FF mirrorless will come in a year :-)

And if I read that correctly, a XS zoom for the K-01 will follow soon.
02-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #97
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I can translate into fluent gibberish, no problem. Translating FROM gibberish is even easier.
Rio,
You must know our Board of Education and the interim Superintendent who succeeded the Superintendent who hired the head of data that pronounced a 98% on-time graduation rate who had to resign when he spoke too much jibberish with fabricated educratic data. Common affliction in public and for profit education. Unfortunately our folks haven't found a Rosetta Stone for Jibberish. Too much data.

02-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Thanks for the Precis of the interview. Not sure why the lack of a EVF for the K-01 is disappointing - get a K-05 is you need a VF The rest is very positive and in line with previous info directly from Pentax. I'm most interested in both the full interview, of course, but also the playing around with the equipment after the show that was promised. More clear info on the lenses - Yeah!
02-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Isn't morrorless FF camera a NEW product that isn't on the market?? Well I guess the K-5 will be replaced with a D800... crappy.
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #100
Veteran Member

If they said a similar thing about mirrorless and then went on to announce the Q and the K-01 then brace yourselves for some very strange cameras coming over the horizon.

I'm pretty stoked to be honest. I'm getting a D800 or something similar for professional work sooner or later, but my K-5 will always come with me, runnning dual systems can't be that hard, and the K-5 has treated me well so far.
02-11-2012, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
If they said a similar thing about mirrorless and then went on to announce the Q and the K-01 then brace yourselves for some very strange cameras coming over the horizon.

I'm pretty stoked to be honest. I'm getting a D800 or something similar for professional work sooner or later, but my K-5 will always come with me, runnning dual systems can't be that hard, and the K-5 has treated me well so far.
I think I got a similar plan.
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #102
Veteran Member

I like to see that the PRI remains realistic about the market.
And it is sad to see so many people here wanting something commercially not viable.

Come on, Sony alrady tried to make a full frame DSLR for a minority and they failed badly. And the succeeded with, surprisingly EVIL camera without EVF. Is that so difficult to see?
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #103
Forum Member

It seems now I understand why it's so hard to get official information from pentax, because they are closer to local communities in Japan, which seems pretty crowded. However the most annoying side of pentax is that they are so stubborn not to immediately release FF camera. Please, at least upgrade the flash system!
02-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #104
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
I like to see that the PRI remains realistic about the market.
And it is sad to see so many people here wanting something commercially not viable.

Come on, Sony alrady tried to make a full frame DSLR for a minority and they failed badly. And the succeeded with, surprisingly EVIL camera without EVF. Is that so difficult to see?
maybe you're right about sony, but pentax has so many FF lenses since decades ago..
02-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
^ so has Sony via Minolta
Closed Thread