Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #226

so when we gonna get to read the transcript of the interview?

02-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #227
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Truesense Imaging, Inc. (Kodak sensor manufacturer) is sold to Platinum Equity

And producing sensor is not stop at all...

As an independent company, Truesense Imaging will continue to provide a broad range of image sensor devices that combine high resolution, ultra-fast frame speeds, and unmatched image quality – features relied on by camera manufacturers around the world for use in their most demanding commercial, industrial, and professional imaging applications.

DALSA produces FF sensors too. Just make new 24 MP CCD sensor FTF6040C 24 MP Color CCD - Product Detail - Teledyne DALSA

Maybe, for Leica M10.
I know Truesense has not stopped, but they did cancel contracts. They cancelled one with Plustek.

Leica is probably wrestling with the CCD/CMOS issue, especially with regards to ISO performance. Rumours of video capability in a Leica have been around since last year..
02-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #228
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Rumours of video capability in a Leica have been around since last year..
Leica must be rather keen to get hold of this D800E sensor for an M9+ ...
02-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #229
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Leica must be rather keen to get hold of this D800E sensor for an M9+ ...
I think Leica is keen to get cmos for Medium format as well, I seem to remember a statement that the S2 successor will have video added so that says cmos to me (and at the s2 price they can afford to have the fab developed i would guess)

02-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #230

16 pages now. I hope the guy you interviewed did not say something too ambiguous that cause a headache to the translators...
02-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #231
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K1D27H Quote
16 pages now. I hope the guy you interviewed did not say something too ambiguous that cause a headache to the translators...
Isn't Japanese an utterly ambiguous language in itself? I hope it's translated by a native speaker although I certainly applaud any and all initiatives to talk to Pentax.
02-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #232
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I think the Nikonians with the D7000 might disagree.

Again, same as above.

So why should Pentax artificially limit itself to unique-ness? Does everything about Pentax have to be unique to Pentax? I love the limited lenses (which in a way ARE unique to Pentax), and I also have a FA 50 f/1.4, which is decidedly NOT unique to Pentax. Does that mean it shouldn't be sold?
The Nikon's magnesium frame isn't complete. Plus, it had its issues.

02-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #233
Pentaxian

French is the same - the language of diplomacy

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Isn't Japanese an utterly ambiguous language in itself? I hope it's translated by a native speaker although I certainly applaud any and all initiatives to talk to Pentax.
Bonjour,

I can attest that French can be uttrely ambiguous as well ... dialogs that can go in polite circles without any progression in any direction.

It'll be interesting to translate from Japanese to English and then to French, Dutch, Italian, etc ... we'll definitely be lost in translation!

A+, J

PS - also forgot that I could translate in "Okie" if needed - grew up there ...
02-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #234
Pentaxian

No, it's not. It just happens so from time to time you have no subject, and everything should be taken from the context
The Japanese people should be similarly confused by the western languages.
02-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #235
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The Nikon's magnesium frame isn't complete. Plus, it had its issues.
I wasn't saying that I loved the D7000. I could've bought one and instead I bought the k-5.

I'm saying that calling the k-5's potential market 'unique' is a stretch that makes the word 'unique' meaningless.
02-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #236
Site Supporter

I wasn't saying that I loved the D7000. I could've bought one and instead I bought the k-5.

I'm saying that calling the k-5's potential market 'unique' is a stretch that makes the word 'unique' meaningless.
It does or (at time of release) have unique features. A full magnesium frame, In body shake reduction and a few other features. The body is weather sealed at that price point for a magnesium body compared to the 60D. The D7000 frame wasn't completely magnesium, especially in the mount area. I wasn't saying you did or did not love the D7000.
02-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #237
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax will only create a full-frame camera if they are able to address a market which would be unique in some way or another (hinted that such a camera wasn't coming in the foreseeable future).
Is 'people who want a FULLY magnesium body' a unique market?

Perhaps it's just a mistranslation or misinterpretation, but 'only... address a market which would be unique' doesn't seem to be a good way to decide whether or not to sell most of your products.

Is the FA 50/1.4 really 'unique'? Is the 18-55? Is the k-5's battery unique? Pentax sells all those things, so it seems to be at least a little arbitrary to apply the 'address a market which would be unique' standard to a camera, especially when the k-5 and the k-x weren't decidely UNIQUE, and most certainly did not address a unique market, and yet were fantastic hits (and awesome cameras!) that grew the brand.

Last edited by ElJamoquio; 02-13-2012 at 09:47 AM.
02-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #238

Is 'people who want a FULLY magnesium body' a unique market?

Perhaps it's just a mistranslation or misinterpretation, but 'only... address a market which would be unique' doesn't seem to be a good way to decide whether or not to sell something.

Is the FA 50/1.4 really 'unique'? Is the 18-55? Is the k-5's battery unique? Pentax sells all those things, so it seems to be at least a little arbitrary to apply the 'address a market which would be unique' standard to a camera, especially when the k-5 and the k-x weren't decidely UNIQUE, and most certainly did not address a unique market, and yet were fantastic hits that grew the brand.
One thing I know about Pentax product that is not unique. Pentax Q battery can be used with Fuji X10. Heh, take that uniqueness!
02-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #239

I do not think I can comment on that. Japanese is something I consider alien to me even if their kanjis are the same characters in Chinese language.
02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #240
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

RE: Translation of unique, my view is that Pentax strives to exploit the market by being different in some way from the standard players, and doing that at an attractive price point. Some desireable features may be victims of the price-point decision; others may be victims of a culture that eschews following the traditional path. The Pentax Experience (the whole thing, including the frustration) is UNIQUE.

Pentax will always be different. The question is whether we want to be different. But . . . .

Be of good cheer, Pentaxians. Ricoh has a plan and you will be happy.
Closed Thread