Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #256
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Another update, and probably the last one before we start publishing the interview:

Half of the transcript has been translated, and we aim to have the other half ready within a few hours, meaning that tomorrow has become feasible for publication of the text, with the video to follow Thursday.

Did I miss the transcript somewhere?

02-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #257
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's not posted yet- it'll come up together with the video tomorrow You'll get an e-mail when it's up.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #258

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
That would be my expectation too....mirrorless FF. It covers the "unique" statement made by Pentax reps
That is a big stretch. They could just as easily be referring to the 'unique' design.

In fact, every new camera model is 'unique'. The rep statement is meaningless.
02-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #259

"Unique" is one of those unregulated terms.

Like "All Natural."

02-16-2012, 12:24 PM - 3 Likes   #260
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The video is ready as is the transcript, but there are a few issues with the translation. Therefore, we are moving the launch of the interview video to Monday.

Now that I've read the full text, though, it seems that Kawauchi pretty much implies that Pentax has been toying with full-frame designs/ideas. Also, he personally feels that the SLR camera will never be replaced by mirrorless because of the invaluable OVF...so rest assured that more Pentax DSLRs are on the way

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #261
Veteran Member

you mean Adam Pentax was toying with mirrorless ideas of ff or with pentax ff ideas in general?
02-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #262
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
you mean Adam Pentax was toying with mirrorless ideas of ff or with pentax ff ideas in general?
or a FF toy camera

02-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #263

Hope the Pentax EVIL FF comes with a pinhole lens.
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #264
Veteran Member

The video is ready as is the transcript, but there are a few issues with the translation. Therefore, we are moving the launch of the interview video to Monday.

Now that I've read the full text, though, it seems that Kawauchi pretty much implies that Pentax has been toying with full-frame designs/ideas. Also, he personally feels that the SLR camera will never be replaced by mirrorless because of the invaluable OVF...so rest assured that more Pentax DSLRs are on the way
Well that's all reassuring.
02-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #265
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Take a look at a snippet of the interview here. Thanks all you're getting until Monday, though!

Adam

02-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #266
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take a look at a snippet of the interview here. Thanks all you're getting until Monday, though!
Can I change my User Name to Vladimir? or maybe Estragon?
02-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #267
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Also, he personally feels that the SLR camera will never be replaced by mirrorless because of the invaluable OVF...so rest assured that more Pentax DSLRs are on the way

What did I say!
02-16-2012, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #268
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kawauchi pretty much implies that Pentax has been toying with full-frame designs/ideas. Also, he personally feels that the SLR camera will never be replaced by mirrorless because of the invaluable OVF...so rest assured that more Pentax DSLRs are on the way
Like.

They know to keep a good thing going rather than just switch over to what seems like is 'new' and might sell more...
02-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #269
Pentaxian

Also, he personally feels that the SLR camera will never be replaced by mirrorless because of the invaluable OVF...so rest assured that more Pentax DSLRs are on the way
Yay!

My dream is that they come up with a hybrid SLR that turns the OVF into an EVF when the mirror is up - would be extremely nice for video - but also maybe when using manual lenses, or for working with constant mirror-up on a tripod.
02-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #270
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Yay!

My dream is that they come up with a hybrid SLR that turns the OVF into an EVF when the mirror is up - would be extremely nice for video - but also maybe when using manual lenses, or for working with constant mirror-up on a tripod.
Yep... +1 +1 +1 +1
Closed Thread