Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #121
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 209
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's not small camera. It's BIGGER lens mounted at it. It's illusion that camera is small
Well, looking at the lens mount it certainly looks smaller to me than the previous versions. Of course, you never know until the official specs are released... I guess we have to wait until next week..

02-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #122
Pentaxian
maxfield_photo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,215
The hotshoe is the key to comparison. I'd estimate the 5D3 to be about 131.5mm wide, only 2 mm wider than the K-5.
02-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #123
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
The hotshoe is the key to comparison. I'd estimate the 5D3 to be about 131.5mm wide, only 2 mm wider than the K-5.



I don't see any difference between parts of Mark II and Mark III
02-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #124
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114



02-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #125
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,238
QuoteOriginally posted by feishui Quote
Rumor: Pentax FF Sept 18-23, 2012
02-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #126
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,511
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote


I don't see any difference between parts of Mark II and Mark III
I think the Mark III looks somewhat thicker close to the mount.
02-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #127
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I think the Mark III looks somewhat thicker close to the mount.
Anyway Mark III is not small...
02-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #128
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,675
Dual deal for FF and 645D-2

Maybe not ideal, but with 24 megapixel and a max of 3.6 fps not to bad in speed. No videofunction, but for that you can make the next APS-C camera better. Canon also doesnt'use the whole sensor for video in 1Dx, but only the APS-H size of the sensor.

wow and we may as well order this: FTF6080C 48 MP Color CCD - Product Detail - Teledyne DALSA sensor for 645D-2 same pixel size as 645D but 20 % larger sensor due to 48 megapixel and faster readout (1.6 fps).

But for both 645D-2 and FF there is a need for fast processing, so put in two of those Milbeaut processors and make it snappy fast in using the max writespeed of UHS-I to use everything that is in those sensors.

Maybe by ordering both sensors from Dalsa the price could be just good.

This is funny:
Teledyne DALSA - Professional Imaging
Sales Department
High Tech Campus 27
5656 AE Eindhoven
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 40 2599009
Fax: +31 40 2599015
Teledyne DALSA Image Sensor Solutions
sales.sensors@teledynedalsa.com


I live about 13 km from this side.


Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 02-28-2012 at 09:45 AM.
02-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,243
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Maybe not ideal, but with 24 megapixel and a max of 3.6 fps not to bad in speed. No videofunction, but for that you can make the next APS-C camera better. Canon also doesnt'use the whole sensor for video in 1Dx, but only the APS-H size of the sensor.

wow and we may as well order this: FTF6080C 48 MP Color CCD - Product Detail - Teledyne DALSA sensor for 645D-2 same pixel size as 645D but 20 % larger sensor due to 48 megapixel and faster readout (1.6 fps).

But for both 645D-2 and FF there is a need for fast processing, so put in two of those Milbeaut processors and make it snappy fast in using the max writespeed of UHS-I to use everything that is in those sensors.

Maybe by ordering both sensors from Dalsa the price could be just good.

This is funny:
Teledyne DALSA - Professional Imaging
Sales Department
High Tech Campus 27
5656 AE Eindhoven
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 40 2599009
Fax: +31 40 2599015
Teledyne DALSA Image Sensor Solutions
sales.sensors@teledynedalsa.com


I live about 13 km from this side.
maybe you can get in for a Demo of the tech

I agree it's not ideal on speed and lack of video is a limiting factor (and Being CCD hi iso probably isn't as good but low iso should be superior) it could make a really good Studio and landscape DSLR though beating the others in those areas if proper tethering is made available and a fast processor setup. If the apsc is the companion with faster AF more FPS and great hi iso and good movie then for the price of a D800 you have both areas covered Could be interesting. Certainly the idea af an LXD that focuses on high quality Still imaging and ignores the video side isn't a bad idea at all.
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #130
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,675
And D800 also just does 4 fps so with 3.6 fps it isn't to bad (not what I was hoping). As long as it can perform up to iso 3200 and be good at it.
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #131
Site Supporter
Douglas_of_Sweden's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,348
If RIcoh are wise (and they have done good so far), they focus on better processors for Pentax before new sensors. Pushing APS-C performance beyond K-5 requires it. A 645D with more pixels would require it. A FF would require it. So an upgraded APS-C that push what the K-5 does in speed and resolution thanks to a better processor likely comes before a FF. My five cents.
02-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #132
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,675
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
maybe you can get in for a Demo of the tech
I just sended them an email with a few questions. Who knows, we may even get a few answers.
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #133
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,675
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
If RIcoh are wise (and they have done good so far), they focus on better processors for Pentax before new sensors. Pushing APS-C performance beyond K-5 requires it. A 645D with more pixels would require it. A FF would require it. So an upgraded APS-C that push what the K-5 does in speed and resolution thanks to a better processor likely comes before a FF. My five cents.
Absolutely true. But you know, that is only one process to develop. Once you make that new processing module with dual processors and DIMM3 memory and USB 3.0 output you can just put that in all three camera's (APS-C, FF and 645D).
02-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #134
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,243
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Absolutely true. But you know, that is only one process to develop. Once you make that new processing module with dual processors and DIMM3 memory and USB 3.0 output you can just put that in all three camera's (APS-C, FF and 645D).
And in fact this idea makes more sense than just working on it for apsc. Put it in the K5 replacement the Ff and the 645DmkII and it spreads the cost out. leave the older processor in the lower level apsc for the first generation or 2 of the new processor giving another reason to move up a level
02-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #135
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 260
with the Sony NEX full frame around the corner I would rather Pentax to hurry up (but of course lots of us FF fanatics would and have been doing for years). Although I cannot imagine a FF announcement by PRI I really really hope because I'd love to keep my equipment but decided to go FF next year. Keeping 2 systems where other manufacturers provide me with FF and APS-C is no option.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
nikon, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picture of the Week POTW #181 Sept. 11, 2011-Sept 25, 2011 lukulele Weekly Photo Challenges 49 09-24-2011 01:00 AM
Picture of the Week POTW #180 Sept. 4, 2011-Sept 18, 2011 lukulele Weekly Photo Challenges 57 09-18-2011 06:30 AM
Pentax Q price rumor - $699 Adam Pentax News and Rumors 50 07-05-2011 07:08 AM
Rumor of Pentax D FA 645 25mm f/4 Noisychip Pentax News and Rumors 94 04-24-2011 02:41 PM
Rumor: One SLR, one prime plus two compacts on Sept. 9th Noisychip Pentax News and Rumors 75 09-09-2010 02:46 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top