Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Just remember, the Samsung version GX-20 is supposed to have a flip-out screen as live view is for ease in shooting ground level without the head on the ground, or overhead.
Really? I have not heard this. Are you saying that the samsung is suppose to have a flip down screen but the pentax does not?

01-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Really? I have not heard this. Are you saying that the samsung is suppose to have a flip down screen but the pentax does not?
Yup thats what he's saying

Oh and the new camera will come with racing stripes!
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
This little tidbit suggests to me that the Pentax K20D will have a 12mp Sony sensor, and it will be a direct competitor of the Nikon D300. He is right, Nikon would probably have to cut prices, but not by much. The D200 price was undercut by the K10D severely, but Nikon never cut prices much on that old camera. Nikon is a prestige brand, and it is able to charge higher prices than its competitors for cameras with similar specs. That is unlikely to change. I think Nikon's response to the K20D will be a D90, with the same 12mp sensor as the D300 and K20D, but with far fewer features than either. The D90 will likely cost about the same as the K20D and it will unfortunately probably outsell the K20D.

The K20D will get its share of awards, but the lion's share of the market goes to Nikon and Canon.
he's still here???
01-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's the best news I've heard this year. (pun?)

If the rumours/NDA talk prove to be at least partially true, then Canikon will have a very big fight on their hands, regardless of their status as kings of the hill.

Here comes the underdog, to take back the crown!

01-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #35

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
This little tidbit suggests to me that the Pentax K20D will have a 12mp Sony sensor, and it will be a direct competitor of the Nikon D300.
You like to swim against the tide don't you :P

bazz.
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
If the rumours/NDA talk prove to be at least partially true, then Canikon will have a very big fight on their hands, regardless of their status as kings of the hill.
Here comes the underdog, to take back the crown!
Well, I don't think Canikon's dominance is under any threat. Yes, it would boost Pentax's status if all the hype comes true. But Pentax simply does not have the production facility to worry Canon/Nikon. Any single one of their popular models would outsell the entire Pentax line up.
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All very interesting posts... now, back to NDA...

01-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #38
Veteran Member

The Dude...

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
Sadly no - my lips are sealed.
You are the DUDE Steve....Your my choice if I needed a brother in arms whilst being interrogated by the enemy.

Sorry guys, but an NDA is an NDA...It is really for the good of Pentax. Everything must be choreographed precisely to have a given effect.

Ben
01-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #39
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
You must be the luckiest person in the world to happenstance ,, met the same guy again
and talk to him , too.

What a waste of time , you are
So, Jesus (if that is your real name), you've never seen someone, then seen them again? If you've lived a life without ever experiencing coincidence, it must be a life barely lived.

My life's always been blessed with coincidences... if you live in synch with your purpose, your intention attracts these situations. Either this will blow by you, or you'll know what I mean.

As for the conversation, my main interest in him wasn't that I originally saw him shooting a new pentax camera - new ones comes and go, much as it was a novelty.

What really got me was that this guy commanded a crew of photogs like he could do it in his sleep. Finding out how someone goes from zero, to running a high-end photog business, with passion, is what we spent most of the time talking about. As for identifying him by mentioning his back problems - to quote him, he said "let's just say I have a bad back", which for all I know, was a euphemism for something else... christ, who knows?

Since then, I've seen some of his work (through a close friend in Toowoomba who used to run Showtime Advertising in Sydney, who knows his stuff, and his web presence). I'm no expert, but to my eyes, his portfolio was breathtaking. If he was lying to me about the pentax stuff, I could care less, it's everything else that he shared that has changed and inspired me, far more than anything else to this point in life - photography wise.

And if you think I write this for the attention, all I can say is "Jesus!"
01-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Totally

QuoteOriginally posted by 123K10D Quote
So, Jesus (if that is your real name), you've never seen someone, then seen them again? If you've lived a life without ever experiencing coincidence, it must be a life barely lived.

My life's always been blessed with coincidences... if you live in synch with your purpose, your intention attracts these situations. Either this will blow by you, or you'll know what I mean.

As for the conversation, my main interest in him wasn't that I originally saw him shooting a new pentax camera - new ones comes and go, much as it was a novelty.

What really got me was that this guy commanded a crew of photogs like he could do it in his sleep. Finding out how someone goes from zero, to running a high-end photog business, with passion, is what we spent most of the time talking about. As for identifying him by mentioning his back problems - to quote him, he said "let's just say I have a bad back", which for all I know, was a euphemism for something else... christ, who knows?

Since then, I've seen his some of his work (through a close friend in Toowoomba who used to run Showtime Advertising in Sydney, who knows his stuff, and his web presence). I'm no expert, but to my eyes, his portfolio was breathtaking. If he was lying to me about the pentax stuff, I could care less, it's everything he shared that has changed and inspired me, far more than anything else to this point in life.

Totally...There are some people that can't grasp that notion of happenstance...Let it go. I believe you.
01-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #41
Veteran Member

So it all goes down on January 10, eh? I can wait.

PMA's looking to be more and more interesting. Rumors over at the other forum say that Sony has something for CES this week. Most likely a competitor for the K200D.

In any case, photographers from all over are in for a ride. PMA + Photokina + Olympics (a possible showcase for new bodies and lenses) = fun!
01-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #42
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Totally...There are some people that can't grasp that notion of happenstance...Let it go. I believe you.
Dude, you don't have time for moral support... haven't you got a killer press conference to orchestrate? Actually Ben, while you're there, can you throw up a link with some of your non-fashion shots? I'd really like to see somthing blurry, maybe a little bokeh, and some lighting without precision... oh, wait a minute, that'd be my stuff.

What I like best about life is that most of the coincidences are happy ones, 'serendipity' is a nice friend to have walking beside you.
01-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #43
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Since then, I've seen some of his work (through a close friend in Toowoomba who used to run Showtime Advertising in Sydney, who knows his stuff, and his web presence). I'm no expert, but to my eyes, his portfolio was breathtaking. If he was lying to me about the pentax stuff, I could care less, it's everything else that he shared that has changed and inspired me, far more than anything else to this point in life - photography wise.

Well said. Totally unwarranted and baseless comments. He doesn't know you or anything about your life.

When the press conferences are held and all the speculation is over I'd like to see this guy's web site. I think it should remain anon until then, his NDA should be protected for now. Would you share it with us then?
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

I am glad you said something and well said at that...
01-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Rumors over at the other forum say that Sony has something for CES this week. Most likely a competitor for the K200D.
Apparently, Jan 7 is the big day for Sony.