Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Unless Canon is also holding a secret Dubai press conference.

Seriously, though, it's not sure exactly what will be revealed when. This might just be about the new 200mm and 300mm lenses, so let's not all get our hopes up too high.
I will be happy if it is just the 200mm and 300mm lenses.

01-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
dunno if you'll read this regken, as Kaimarx happened to have answered your question right before your post [!], but because the place is one of the most incredible places on earth (as my wife tells me from passing through).
I didn't know Hoya is looking for investors. Dubai is great for that but it's a little short on middle income buyers of a retail item. London, Paris, Tokyo, or New York would make more sense.

Hay M80. That's a great mooring you have!!
01-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I am not too hopeful of hearing any news from Dubai. Pentax needs maximum media presence, and I can't imagine them announcing anything major outside the three major markets. For Canon and Nikon, the media will fly to wherever the announcement is made, but not Pentax.
01-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #19
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
I am not too hopeful of hearing any news from Dubai. Pentax needs maximum media presence, and I can't imagine them announcing anything major outside the three major markets. For Canon and Nikon, the media will fly to wherever the announcement is made, but not Pentax.
If they fight off the press to dubai is a good way to ensure that the reporters are in the right mood to accept what they have to show. About the profile of the Dubai inhabitants I will wildly suggest that maybe Hoya have something to say about the 645D, thought I recognize that it is more a wet dream than other thing.

01-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Hay M80. That's a great mooring you have!!
I forgot to add the or
01-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #21

As much as I think it would be wonderful to visit Dubai, I'm not sure a cramped plane ride from here to there would make me in a good mood, regardless of where here originates from.

But that's just me. I get crabby after only an hour plane ride, more or less 12 to 15 hours.
01-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #22
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
As much as I think it would be wonderful to visit Dubai, I'm not sure a cramped plane ride from here to there would make me in a good mood, regardless of where here originates from.

But that's just me. I get crabby after only an hour plane ride, more or less 12 to 15 hours.
Good point.

01-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I dont think Hoya are looking for investors regken, its more to do with hogging the limelight i think. Add to that the fact that Dubai is a major international media hub. Almost all of the major news networks including bbc, reuters and cnn etc... have regional offices operating out of Dubai. In a way i guess you can say Pentax is going to the press rather than waiting for the press to come to them. You've got the world watching without any distractions from the competition. Some how i dont think Pentax would get the same attention in London, Paris or New York where C and N camps dominate the media although those locations remind of my Dunhill reds which is a pretty good cue for a smoke break...
01-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #24
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
I dont think Hoya are looking for investors regken, its more to do with hogging the limelight i think. Add to that the fact that Dubai is a major international media hub. Almost all of the major news networks including bbc, reuters and cnn etc... have regional offices operating out of Dubai. In a way i guess you can say Pentax is going to the press rather than waiting for the press to come to them. You've got the world watching without any distractions from the competition. Some how i dont think Pentax would get the same attention in London, Paris or New York where C and N camps dominate the media although those locations remind of my Dunhill reds which is a pretty good cue for a smoke break...
I would be astonished if the new equipment appears in BBC, CNN... but I see your point, they have the facilities to deliver the information world wide
01-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #25
Veteran Member

The camera will be shown before this place

Just so everyone knows!
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #26

^ "Before" meaning before the 10th of January or "before" meaning before onlookers in Dubai?
01-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I would be astonished if the new equipment appears in BBC, CNN... but I see your point, they have the facilities to deliver the information world wide
Haha yeah so would i lol But yeah its basically about media coverage and timing so everyone gets the news at the same time...

Codiac...you cheeky bugger! Again with the mind games lol Spill the beans jack or Toto gets it!
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JanG Quote
I doubt that a "first international press conference" will be dedicated to "just" two lenses.
Well, there's a big difference between "first international press conference" and "
first international press conference in Dubai", and since I'm pretty sure Pentax has been having the former for years, the article probably means the latter. Which is exciting if you're from Dubai, but otherwise....
01-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Before January 10th...

The two cameras have arrived in the US for show and you just have to figure out when it will be shown
01-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Well, there's a big difference between "first international press conference" and "
first international press conference in Dubai", and since I'm pretty sure Pentax has been having the former for years, the article probably means the latter. Which is exciting if you're from Dubai, but otherwise....
I do not think Pentax ever had an international press conference before.