Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #31
JMS

I don't wanna buy his finger, I wanna buy his camera! At least some of that magic dust must have rubbed off on it!

01-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #32
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by travis_cooper Quote
I agree, only 10 days now and then we can get rid of all these rumor threads. I am getting really tired of them. Nothing new is coming from them and they are just taking up space. In fact I have rarely been coming here to check things out lately because I am getting so sick of it. Hopefully I'll be coming back as often as I used to after the announcement is made; however, I have a feeling we will just be full of threads talking about the new cameras at that point. Will this ever end, will we ever get back to "normal"?
You make a post in the rumours section that there are too many rumours?

The logical thing to do would be to keep to the parts of the forum where practical things are discussed, and then you won't get upset. Keep cool and well.
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pardon Travis...

I swear, I had no idea Travis had a K110 and the kit lens. It was the first thought that popped up in my mind while writing the text. I just wanted to lighten up the thread with a bit of light hearted wit. I am sorry if I upset you Travis. It was not directed to you in any way regarding your talent or gear.

Ben
01-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow....

Wow, you really are a prick aren't you? I see a lot of complaints about RiceHigh, but I think you are 10 X's worse than him. Sure a lot of people ask questions like that, and that is what a community is all about, helping people out. I prefer those threads over the ones you start, hey I know all this stuff about a camera, sorry I can't tell you about it, I'm getting a press conference ready here in France, too bad I can't tell you anything about it, hey anybody want to buy my finger, oh the right half of my body is massive because I masturbate all day long. You may be a good photographer, heaven knows you love to brag about it. All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have to associate with you in any way, shape or form outside of this forum. I'm sure it won't be long before I block your posts and then I won't have to deal with you ever again. Enjoy masturbating to all the accomplishments you love to brag about in France without that finger you just sold during your press conference about that camera.
Travis, baby, I think he was attempting humour, injected with a bit of a French accent, which may not quite be the style of humour we're used to in North America.

And boy, that would be quite a press conference!

Cheers,
Cameron

01-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Travis. Dude. Check the med levels, m'kay?
01-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I am doing a shoot this weekend. Can someone recommend which kit lens I should use on my K110D.? I am a bit worried that I might not be in focus. Should I use a UV filter on the lens or will that degrade the image quality? I am thinking of using the flash. Is that a good idea or should I use an off camera flash. Should I use RAW or JPEG? What is a good f stop? Is there a bad f stop and can it become good. Who judges what is a good one or bad one. I think we should decide. What about the shutter speed. Is there a speed limit? Can you do a shoot while drunk? Is it illegal. Do I need to get a degree to take photos of "Hot Chicks" or can I do it via the internet? Shit this is getting me nervous..Getting very sick to my stomach. I hope the model brings clothes for the shoot otherwise it will be X Rated and my girlfriend will leave me . I can't afford a lawyer and she will cut my balls off and that will be the end of my career of being a Fashion Photog. Do I need clothes when shooting or is that just for the model? I heard that it helps if I cover my self in case it gets cold. If it gets cold will my batteries die and if they do will I be able to use other batteries? Should I get an extra battery for the shoot. I am worried that my JPEG's are too soft, well that's what PHIL at you know where told me...Aw F-ck I quit!
Start by switching to Nikon. It's a much better system and even has a dedicated ISO button.
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Travis, baby, I think he was attempting humour, injected with a bit of a French accent, which may not quite be the style of humour we're used to in North America.

And boy, that would be quite a press conference!

Cheers,
Cameron
Nope...No French accent. Born in Toronto, Canada, lived in Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York before moving to Paris...It is definitely North American humour with some wit hopefully...

01-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Nope...No French accent.
English: "Are you sure he's got one (grail)?"

French: "Oh, yes, it's very nice..."

01-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #39
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duck Dodgers Quote
English: "Are you sure he's got one (grail)?"

French: "Oh, yes, it's very nice..."

French: (to other French) "I told him we already got one"

English: "Can we come up and have a look? "

French: "Of course not. You're English types. "

English: "What are you then? "

French: "I'm French! Why do you think I have this outrrrrraaageous accent, you silly king? "

English: "...What are you doing in England? "

French: "Mind your own business."

English: "..Is there someone else up there we can talk to?"
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #40
Veteran Member

i LOLing at that and my gfrind is hmmmm you need cofee LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
01-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #41
Lou
Inactive Account

Nope...No French accent. Born in Toronto, Canada, lived in Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York before moving to Paris...It is definitely North American humour with some wit hopefully...
A Canuck! Yeaaargh! And in Paris, too, no less.

Well, Mr. Great White North, you may be having fun with us now, playing your little NDA games while we wallow in a sloth of Pentax despair, but sooner or later you'll get knocked off your high moose -- and then where will you be? Friendless and alone, and even your girlfriend will leave you flat to frolic with the magnificently staunch Travis Cooper.

At least the soon-to-be-public K20D, with its silky smooth high ISO 14MP sensor, will give you some measure of pixel-peeping comfort in your suddenly empty and loveless chateau, mon triste ami...

--Lou
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #42

Nope...No French accent. Born in Toronto, Canada, lived in Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York before moving to Paris...
It's odd, take this lightheartedly, but in that avatar, you look like Sideshow Bob just without hair. I'd imagine you'd have his accent too.

"Die Bart, die."
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #43

1 week to go.
01-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #44
Veteran Member

I agree, only 10 days now and then we can get rid of all these rumor threads. I am getting really tired of them. Nothing new is coming from them and they are just taking up space. In fact I have rarely been coming here to check things out lately because I am getting so sick of it. Hopefully I'll be coming back as often as I used to after the announcement is made; however, I have a feeling we will just be full of threads talking about the new cameras at that point. Will this ever end, will we ever get back to "normal"?
Hi Travis, my friend. I agree with your former post, I’ve stayed out of many of the rumour threads myself.
I don’t read Ben’s reply as directed towards you. I own the K10, not that I really could afford it, but I’ve seen many on the board that take better pictures than me with their K110, *Ist DL, whathaveyou.
When on the Internet, irony and jokes can sometimes miss their target. So we need to be large, or else just clear up the things afterwards. Hope the weather is good in Utah, I’ve heard skiing should be great there.

Things are seldom back to normal, or the good old days. When the camera hits the stores, I’m sure there is gonna be something else to complain about. But then it gets in the hands of more users, and things even out. At least on this board, you don’t get all the trolls from C&N that you get on DPr.

Grab some more shots from Utah and show us. I don't have the gear and lenses that many do, but it doesn't mean I can't have fun with mine; and have fun reading about theirs.