Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
racinsince55

Only 20 days and I can hardly wait

Just 20 days and no more about "NDA's" or "I ran into a guy" or "this is what I think it will have". Just 20 days and we'll all know.

Unfortunately, that will be followed by a year or RichHigh telling us about everything wrong with Pentax new offerings and flooding the forums with his garbage.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got my checkbook ready.

01-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep i've got my flourescent waterpistol loaded and my grannies underwear for a mask ready for the pounce on the local bank come the announcement. I just hope they have internet connections in jail here so i can post a pic of my future cellmate "Tiny" and his girlfriend John.
01-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

No checkbook here... at least I hope not... Since I'm getting married around the time of the expected market availability (April or May) , I expect Pentax to send me the new goodies as a wedding present... Or am I being a bit naive here?

Wim
01-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
No checkbook here... at least I hope not... Since I'm getting married around the time of the expected market availability (April or May) , I expect Pentax to send me the new goodies as a wedding present... Or am I being a bit naive here?

Wim
Wim, why don't you put it on your Gift Registry.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
Yep i've got my flourescent waterpistol loaded and my grannies underwear for a mask ready for the pounce on the local bank come the announcement. I just hope they have internet connections in jail here so i can post a pic of my future cellmate "Tiny" and his girlfriend John.
You could of course endup being John's bitch.

QuoteOriginally posted by racinsince55 Quote
Unfortunately, that will be followed by a year or RichHigh telling us about everything wrong with Pentax new offerings and flooding the forums with his garbage.
Why must you center-out an individual and start this again. If people don't like what an individual has to say just ignore him/her.

01-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=JCSullivan;145554

You could of course endup being John's bitch.

QUOTE]

That would complete the love triangle wouldnt it...
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
Ed in GA

Just 20 days and no more about "NDA's" or "I ran into a guy" or "this is what I think it will have". Just 20 days and we'll all know.

I'm ready.

QuoteQuote:

Sadly, you're correct.

QuoteQuote:

Not me. Just bought the K10D.
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #7

I can tell me right now what the new cameras will be like. The K200D picture has already been leaked, and it looks like a camera with a mixture of K10D and K100D features. It will almost certainly have the 10mp CCD Sony sensor, since the K10D appears to be discontinued.

The second camera Pentax will introduce, known on the web as the K20D, will have the 12mp Sony CMOS sensor. It will likely have the same 3 inch LCD screen, found on the Sony Alpha 700 and Nikon D300, that everybody is raving about. It will likely have live view, and be able to shoot at around 5 fps. Other features should be very similar to the K10D, including shake reduction and weather seals, no aperture coupling ring, and P-TTL only flash support. It will likely be sold at the same price as the Alpha 700 is selling for, perhaps even a bit lower, and therefore it will undercut the Nikon D300 in price substantially.

I am not waiting for the PMA announcement from Pentax, but I am waiting for the Photokina announcement. By then, the Canon 5D full frame will have appeared on the scene, and possibly the Sony flagship full frame as well. The next logical move for Pentax would be an announcement of a full frame DSLR, likely 14mp in resolution, and likely to be similar to the Canon EOS 5D replacement in price. I cannot wait.

01-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
The second camera Pentax will introduce, known on the web as the K20D, will have the 12mp Sony CMOS sensor.
LOL Will you even say something else when the truth will enlight you?
01-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
LOL Will you even say something else when the truth will enlight you?
I have him on my Troll block list now as he is convinced he needs Canon Full frame, yet needs Pentax users to hold his hand. I think someone else on this board has him on troll block too.
On another board he was accused of drive by postings or something like that...as he never responds to his rhetorical nonsense or provides any proof for his rants. Oh well, whatever turns people on I guess.

But I digress, I am waiting for more info on possible sealed flash units and lens roadmap *Shipping* along with the new cameras. I wonder how many people are more interested in glass, more than bodies.
01-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
I can tell me right now what the new cameras will be like. The K200D picture has already been leaked, and it looks like a camera with a mixture of K10D and K100D features. It will almost certainly have the 10mp CCD Sony sensor, since the K10D appears to be discontinued.

The second camera Pentax will introduce, known on the web as the K20D, will have the 12mp Sony CMOS sensor. It will likely have the same 3 inch LCD screen, found on the Sony Alpha 700 and Nikon D300, that everybody is raving about. It will likely have live view, and be able to shoot at around 5 fps. Other features should be very similar to the K10D, including shake reduction and weather seals, no aperture coupling ring, and P-TTL only flash support. It will likely be sold at the same price as the Alpha 700 is selling for, perhaps even a bit lower, and therefore it will undercut the Nikon D300 in price substantially.

I am not waiting for the PMA announcement from Pentax, but I am waiting for the Photokina announcement. By then, the Canon 5D full frame will have appeared on the scene, and possibly the Sony flagship full frame as well. The next logical move for Pentax would be an announcement of a full frame DSLR, likely 14mp in resolution, and likely to be similar to the Canon EOS 5D replacement in price. I cannot wait.
I'm impressed. You really have a lot of time in your hands. Or maybe you wrote a script to automate answers?
01-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #11
Not Registered

I will suggest to add a fanboy block list for the people who doesnt allow people to disgress from the mainstream-mantra chant of "Pentax is my savior".
01-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

In anticipation of this, and the Dubai announcement, I have added RH to my ignore list. His stupidity I can take for a posting, but the rest of us just overdo it ...
01-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I will suggest to add a fanboy block list for the people who doesnt allow people to disgress from the mainstream-mantra chant of "Pentax is my savior".

Thats the beauty of the thing, you can use it against anyone. Sort of like hiding behind our computer screen and sticking out toungue out at people we disagree with, but don't want to get in a flame war with.

Personally, I hope the NDA people on this forum are correct in that the new K-whatever-it-is-D is a generation beyond the Pentax cameras we are using. Since those with the K10D are producing such great results, it may or not be an upgrade for them.

For my overworked istDs, I am just waiting to see what the new model offers. I know the K10D would be a sort of upgrade, however there are many things I did not like which made me hesitate from purchasing. I am not brand loyal as it is a tool and I own three different brands(2 fixed lens) of cameras. Maybe I am a PenOlyCan fanboy
01-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
Mef
Inactive Account

The wait becomes more and more interesting. Really fun !

I wish pentax would start making a K20D every 6 monthes. Then they could start to sell pacemakers to their customers - it's maybe the new ultimate and hidden function of the K20D, the life-saving camera ?
01-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
I wonder how many people are more interested in glass, more than bodies.
That would be me!
I'm not gonna be happy till I get a DA* 300/4. I just have to figure out how to pay for it:-).