Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OK...Cool

QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
I can tell me right now what the new cameras will be like. The K200D picture has already been leaked, and it looks like a camera with a mixture of K10D and K100D features. It will almost certainly have the 10mp CCD Sony sensor, since the K10D appears to be discontinued.

The second camera Pentax will introduce, known on the web as the K20D, will have the 12mp Sony CMOS sensor. It will likely have the same 3 inch LCD screen, found on the Sony Alpha 700 and Nikon D300, that everybody is raving about. It will likely have live view, and be able to shoot at around 5 fps. Other features should be very similar to the K10D, including shake reduction and weather seals, no aperture coupling ring, and P-TTL only flash support. It will likely be sold at the same price as the Alpha 700 is selling for, perhaps even a bit lower, and therefore it will undercut the Nikon D300 in price substantially.

I am not waiting for the PMA announcement from Pentax, but I am waiting for the Photokina announcement. By then, the Canon 5D full frame will have appeared on the scene, and possibly the Sony flagship full frame as well. The next logical move for Pentax would be an announcement of a full frame DSLR, likely 14mp in resolution, and likely to be similar to the Canon EOS 5D replacement in price. I cannot wait.
Wow that's good to know...I guess there is no need for our Press Conference..The cat is out of the bag...

We can all go home now.

01-05-2008, 06:04 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
That would be me!
I'm not gonna be happy till I get a DA* 300/4. I just have to figure out how to pay for it:-).
I have Canon FD 300mm f/4 that I can trade! What? No takers? *sniff*
01-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I agree, only 10 days now and then we can get rid of all these rumor threads. I am getting really tired of them. Nothing new is coming from them and they are just taking up space. In fact I have rarely been coming here to check things out lately because I am getting so sick of it. Hopefully I'll be coming back as often as I used to after the announcement is made; however, I have a feeling we will just be full of threads talking about the new cameras at that point. Will this ever end, will we ever get back to "normal"?
01-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I need some teck advice

QuoteOriginally posted by travis_cooper Quote
I agree, only 10 days now and then we can get rid of all these rumor threads. I am getting really tired of them. Nothing new is coming from them and they are just taking up space. In fact I have rarely been coming here to check things out lately because I am getting so sick of it. Hopefully I'll be coming back as often as I used to after the announcement is made; however, I have a feeling we will just be full of threads talking about the new cameras at that point. Will this ever end, will we ever get back to "normal"?
I am doing a shoot this weekend. Can someone recommend which kit lens I should use on my K110D.? I am a bit worried that I might not be in focus. Should I use a UV filter on the lens or will that degrade the image quality? I am thinking of using the flash. Is that a good idea or should I use an off camera flash. Should I use RAW or JPEG? What is a good f stop? Is there a bad f stop and can it become good. Who judges what is a good one or bad one. I think we should decide. What about the shutter speed. Is there a speed limit? Can you do a shoot while drunk? Is it illegal. Do I need to get a degree to take photos of "Hot Chicks" or can I do it via the internet? Shit this is getting me nervous..Getting very sick to my stomach. I hope the model brings clothes for the shoot otherwise it will be X Rated and my girlfriend will leave me . I can't afford a lawyer and she will cut my balls off and that will be the end of my career of being a Fashion Photog. Do I need clothes when shooting or is that just for the model? I heard that it helps if I cover my self in case it gets cold. If it gets cold will my batteries die and if they do will I be able to use other batteries? Should I get an extra battery for the shoot. I am worried that my JPEG's are too soft, well that's what PHIL at you know where told me...Aw F-ck I quit!

Last edited by benjikan; 01-14-2008 at 06:13 PM.
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #20

Damn, that was good.
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #21
JMS

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
01-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Good one Ben

That is one of the better posts I've read in a while. I'm getting up at 5AM so I can be at the coast for sunrise because there should be smoke on the water, a great sight. Of course my photos won't be any good because I'll have to use my K10D. I'm not worried about VPN because I've never seen any in 9,000 + photos. My problems seem to always be caused by the dummy behind the camera.

Ken

01-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Do I need clothes when shooting or is that just for the model? I heard that it helps if I cover my self in case it gets cold.
Hahaha too funny!
01-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I am absolutely sure that the K20D will come with the "MAD BOX OF PHOTO SKILLZ" so that I can take pictures better than Ansel Adams! Here, let me bust out my laser caliper with built in quantum-opto-mechanical computrono so that I can measure the K20D's awesomeness better...

Now I just need to find out what multiphase inversion polarizing-nanotomic filter to use to make this brick wall look like Elle Macphereson...

01-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #25

With all the chatter on this site, it is exciting to see much of it is new introductions and questions in other parts of the forums. Congrats to the majority members that kept most of the threads friendly. And make sure we do our part to welcome new users.

In 9 days, questions will be answered and those jumping ship will be probably be gone, yet more Pentaxians will show up here.

In 9 days I think those that adhered to their NDA will be able to point out features we may not understand fully. And in early February the new cameras should be popping up in retailers shelves according to my retailer. (There is always hope)

In 9 days I really hope new long lenses will be introduced to ensure Pentax has a better chance at attracting new camera buyers. It blows me away how many people I meet that take pictures of birds and the number of questions I get when using my Bigma.

Now what was this thread about...oh yea..20 days is now 9 days!
01-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I hope the model brings clothes for the shoot otherwise it will be X Rated and my girlfriend will leave me
LOL. Is this speaking from personal experience?
This post should be on the front page

You have to include all the silly newbie comments like:
- why can't I see the photo I'm going to take on the big screen on the back?
- why are so many parts of my photo fuzzy when I set it to f/2.8?
- why doesn't the flash pop up automatically?
01-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #27
JMS

Along with:
-my picture looks fuzzy when I zoom in a lot in Photoshop
-why is my picture blurry when I shoot at 2 seconds? Isn't SR supposed to fix that?
-why don't my pictures look as good as the ones in the brochure?
01-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #28

I have a K110d and i have used for months the standard 18-55 with a Tamron UV filter on it without seeing any real difference in image quality/contrast/flaring.

For the rest, what a noob! RTFM!
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I am doing a shoot this weekend. Can someone recommend which kit lens I should use on my K110D.? I am a bit worried that I might not be in focus. Should I use a UV filter on the lens or will that degrade the image quality? I am thinking of using the flash. Is that a good idea or should I use an off camera flash. Should I use RAW or JPEG? What is a good f stop? Is there a bad f stop and can it become good. Who judges what is a good one or bad one. I think we should decide. What about the shutter speed. Is there a speed limit? Can you do a shoot while drunk? Is it illegal. Do I need to get a degree to take photos of "Hot Chicks" or can I do it via the internet? Shit this is getting me nervous..Getting very sick to my stomach. I hope the model brings clothes for the shoot otherwise it will be X Rated and my girlfriend will leave me . I can't afford a lawyer and she will cut my balls off and that will be the end of my career of being a Fashion Photog. Do I need clothes when shooting or is that just for the model? I heard that it helps if I cover my self in case it gets cold. If it gets cold will my batteries die and if they do will I be able to use other batteries? Should I get an extra battery for the shoot. I am worried that my JPEG's are too soft, well that's what PHIL at you know where told me...Aw F-ck I quit!
Wow, you really are a prick aren't you? I see a lot of complaints about RiceHigh, but I think you are 10 X's worse than him. Sure a lot of people ask questions like that, and that is what a community is all about, helping people out. I prefer those threads over the ones you start, hey I know all this stuff about a camera, sorry I can't tell you about it, I'm getting a press conference ready here in France, too bad I can't tell you anything about it, hey anybody want to buy my finger, oh the right half of my body is massive because I masturbate all day long. You may be a good photographer, heaven knows you love to brag about it. All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have to associate with you in any way, shape or form outside of this forum. I'm sure it won't be long before I block your posts and then I won't have to deal with you ever again. Enjoy masturbating to all the accomplishments you love to brag about in France without that finger you just sold during your press conference about that camera.
01-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #30
Inactive Account

We need a popcorn icon for this one.